Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Hello DIS CL friends

I just recently found out that I could upgrade my stay at the AKL to a CL level. We're DVC members so I called and now I'm on a waiting list. Crossing my fingers we get it as it is my kids first visit with us as DVC members. In any case, I heard that there is free liquor offered in the lounge, is this true? Also, how do you guys like the AKL CL? Anyone have recent pictures?

TIA

It’s true that liquor is included, but be warned, there are VERY few club level DVC rooms, I think it’s only five 2-bedroom lockoffs, so that they can get split into studios and 1-bedrooms. Because there’s so few, they’re really hard to book. And they generally sell out right at the 11 month mark. So unless you’re 11 months out, there are likely many others on the wait list ahead of you. Good luck, I hope you get it, but I don’t want you to get your hopes up too much! The good news is that AKL is a great place even if you’re not in club level. :)

Last edited:
Hello Disboards. I have been off here for a while and really miss it. When we got back from our last trip in August 2017 my aunt's cancer had come back after 3 years of being clear and my family was her car taker since she never was married and did not have kids. It has been a tough few months. She lost her battle (at the age of 70) last month even though we tried everything. It has been tough bouncing back.

We decided to finish our Disney video from August and now I am getting excited about planning another trip. Our trip was a split stay with the Boardwalk CL and the Poly CL. It was truly a wonderful stay. Our BW CL CMs were happy to be in our video again. We love them all - Anita, Lorenzo, Steven and Joe. I am posting the video in the trip report but since it was at the CL resorts I wanted to also post it here. Here is the link to our new video - I hope you all enjoy it and it brings some happiness to your day. We definitely all need it. :flower1:

What a great video!!!!! Looks like a good time had by all ::yes::. Now I'm looking forward to our trip even more. Thanks for letting us watch your video :disrocks:

What a great video!!!!! Looks like a good time had by all ::yes::. Now I'm looking forward to our trip even more. Thanks for letting us watch your video :disrocks:

Thank you for taking the time to watch it. We have so much fun making them and love when Disney Fans enjoy them. Also thank you for your post. Our family loves the feedback. Have a great time in Disney!

For anyone interested in AKL-CL's adult beverage choices, here they are (as of earlier this month!):

Signature Beverages: Sangria - wine and juice combination; Sunrise Sangria - Sangria & pineapple/orange/guava juice (Jungle Juice!); Plains Mimosa - standard Champagne (a South African Brut) Mimosa with Orange juice; Kilimanjaro Mimosa - Champagne (South African Brut) and Jungle Juice.

Beer (bottled): Angry Orchard, Heineken, Tusker, Yuengling Lager, and Bud Light.

Wine: Graham Beck Brut - South African bubbly with a crisp body; Indaba Chardonnay - Bright tropical fruit aromas (with flavors of apple, pear, honey & pineapple); Indaba Chenin Blanc - South African Signature wine (flavors of honeyed pear, golden delicious apples and luscious tropical fruit); Indaba Mosaic - Exciting blends and enticing aromas (flavors of black currant, ripe brambly berry fruit & dark chocolate, with subtle spice notes); Indaba Merlot - succulent flavors of cherry, dark berry and plum backed by subtle chocolate & herbal nuances. *

* these are AKL's descriptions, not mine! ;)

I posted this in another thread but I will ask here:

I have 5 nts booked at Poly CL in Oct. I just saw that I can book 3 nts at BWI Deluxe CL that week and am thinking about doing that for our last 3 nts and keeping the first 3 nts at Poly CL. What do you guys think? I’ve been to Poly, not BWI. BWI looks nice, especially for the kids. Thanks.

We haven't stayed at BWI or CL at the Poly, but both get good reviews (especially BWI CL). If you don't mind the move, I think it's a great idea....best of both worlds! :thumbsup2

Hello Disboards. I have been off here for a while and really miss it. When we got back from our last trip in August 2017 my aunt's cancer had come back after 3 years of being clear and my family was her car taker since she never was married and did not have kids. It has been a tough few months. She lost her battle (at the age of 70) last month even though we tried everything. It has been tough bouncing back.

We decided to finish our Disney video from August and now I am getting excited about planning another trip. Our trip was a split stay with the Boardwalk CL and the Poly CL. It was truly a wonderful stay. Our BW CL CMs were happy to be in our video again. We love them all - Anita, Lorenzo, Steven and Joe. I am posting the video in the trip report but since it was at the CL resorts I wanted to also post it here. Here is the link to our new video - I hope you all enjoy it and it brings some happiness to your day. We definitely all need it. :flower1:

DGD and I thank you for starting our day off with a Goofy smile! She loved all the synchronised moves, recognizing Poly shots and better anticipates staying at an Epcot hotel with your vid smoothing the way.
On a personal note I'm sorry for your family's loss and hope you've lots of good memories of your aunt to pass on to future generations. I suspect you do as she sounds like a "warrior woman" from your description.

It’s true that liquor is included, but be warned, there are VERY few club level DVC rooms, I think it’s only five 2-bedroom lockoffs, so that they can get split into studios and 1-bedrooms. Because there’s so few, they’re really hard to book. And they generally sell out right at the 11 month mark. So unless you’re 11 months out, there are likely many others on the wait list ahead of you. Good luck, I hope you get it, but I don’t want you to get your hopes up too much! The good news is that AKL is a great place even if you’re not in club level. :)

Thanks for the info. Ik that there’s a slim chance but trying never hurts. LOL

Hi all - DH and I are bringing two grandparents, six kids, and a nanny for our week trip in July. We're currently staying at poly club level. We stayed at poly club two years ago and was disappointed in the service compared to Boardwalk club. We are considering switching to BWI - however, we're worried with this large group and all of the kids we should stick with poly for convienance to MK, closer walk to pools etc. but my DH and I love BWI so keep going back and forth. any thoughts?

Hi all - DH and I are bringing two grandparents, six kids, and a nanny for our week trip in July. We're currently staying at poly club level. We stayed at poly club two years ago and was disappointed in the service compared to Boardwalk club. We are considering switching to BWI - however, we're worried with this large group and all of the kids we should stick with poly for convienance to MK, closer walk to pools etc. but my DH and I love BWI so keep going back and forth. any thoughts?
I've only ever stayed at the monorail hotels (Poly and GF) so cannot do a true comparison with any of the Epcot hotels from a service POV. I will say I was generally content with my monorail stays except on my oh so crabby arrival days. Yessssssss I know who I am ;).

That being said I would concentrate on thinking about what would make my diverse party happiest and keep me from worrying about that. Easy access in and out of rooms? Adjoining suite(s) or connecting rooms availability? Hotel closest to the park(s) we'll spend the most time at? Pool(s) all can enjoy? Our next trip we are doing a split stay (2 adults, 3 children) between the Contemporary CL for easy travel time to MK and AK and a still to be decided Epcot area hotel so we can readily enter DS, HS, and Epcot. Never thought I'd do a split stay or book into the Contemporary (bores me from an architectural POV) but now see the worth for this particular trip and the members of it. Focus on that type of thinking and I believe you'll be able to better discern how to balance the needs of your large group :).

DGD and I thank you for starting our day off with a Goofy smile! She loved all the synchronised moves, recognizing Poly shots and better anticipates staying at an Epcot hotel with your vid smoothing the way.
On a personal note I'm sorry for your family's loss and hope you've lots of good memories of your aunt to pass on to future generations. I suspect you do as she sounds like a "warrior woman" from your description.

Thank you so much for taking the time to watch the video and for your lovely post. We absolutely love the BWI - the CMs are so much fun. Enjoy your stay in the EPCOT area. Where in NYC are you?

That is why we do split stays - we don't love the buses so we mostly go to MK when staying in the MK resort and EPCOT and HS when staying in the EPCOT area. We love the BWI so much better for the food and CM but do enjoy the Poly. So it is a tough choice - but if convenience is top and you are going to MK the most than stick with the Poly. Enjoy!

For anyone interested in AKL-CL's adult beverage choices, here they are (as of earlier this month!):

Signature Beverages: Sangria - wine and juice combination; Sunrise Sangria - Sangria & pineapple/orange/guava juice (Jungle Juice!); Plains Mimosa - standard Champagne (a South African Brut) Mimosa with Orange juice; Kilimanjaro Mimosa - Champagne (South African Brut) and Jungle Juice.

Beer (bottled): Angry Orchard, Heineken, Tusker, Yuengling Lager, and Bud Light.

Wine: Graham Beck Brut - South African bubbly with a crisp body; Indaba Chardonnay - Bright tropical fruit aromas (with flavors of apple, pear, honey & pineapple); Indaba Chenin Blanc - South African Signature wine (flavors of honeyed pear, golden delicious apples and luscious tropical fruit); Indaba Mosaic - Exciting blends and enticing aromas (flavors of black currant, ripe brambly berry fruit & dark chocolate, with subtle spice notes); Indaba Merlot - succulent flavors of cherry, dark berry and plum backed by subtle chocolate & herbal nuances. *

Thanks for this. Did you try any of the wines? I’ve never heard of the Chenin Blanc, but it sounds interesting. It looks like you can get it online for $7 a bottle, but that doesn’t mean it’s bad. :). http://cheapwineratings.com/2014/03/02/indaba-chenin-blanc-zesty-tasty/

Thanks for this. Did you try any of the wines? I’ve never heard of the Chenin Blanc, but it sounds interesting. It looks like you can get it online for $7 a bottle, but that doesn’t mean it’s bad. :). http://cheapwineratings.com/2014/03/02/indaba-chenin-blanc-zesty-tasty/

They had the same Indaba wines when I went last year, and they’re some of my favorites. Definitely good for the price - and I like that they’re committed to sustainability and contribute to education in South Africa. I found a place at home that sells their wine and I stop there from time to time to get a bottle and pretend I’m at WDW. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the information! Heading there at the beginning of April and have a couple questions. Is the beer self serve? Would they allow you to take a couple back to the room or more importantly the pool. Obviously no glass by the pool so would they serve it in a plastic cup.?

Last edited:

Thanks for this list—it looks great to me, especially the sangria and mimosas!

Do you know if they have any whiskies during the dessert service? My husband and son enjoy their evening drink. Thank you!

Thank you so much for taking the time to watch the video and for your lovely post. We absolutely love the BWI - the CMs are so much fun. Enjoy your stay in the EPCOT area. Where in NYC are you?
I am, as I like to call my children for slightly different reasons, a confusion. Raised in the Bronx, brought my kids up outta the city in Brooklyn then off to Manhattan's West Side for decades of empty nesthood. Recently sold the apartment and now back in the Bronx at my mother's house while she resides in Westchester where "gangs of raccoons" (her words) duke it out with wild turkeys and deer for territory. Interesting how you can go home again (to dust her tchotchkes) while your own stuff remains in storage waiting for the perfect Riverdale spot to open up. Karma is what it is;). Oh and the man grew up on "LawnGah Eyeland" making us the perfect melange for the Greater Metropolitan area, LOL.

Last edited:
:thumbsup2

Thanks for this. Did you try any of the wines? I usually go for a Pinot
They had the same Indaba wines when I went last year, and they’re some of my favorites. Definitely good for the price - and I like that they’re committed to sustainability and contribute to education in South Africa. I found a place at home that sells their wine and I stop there from time to time to get a bottle and pretend I’m at WDW. :thumbsup2

Sounds great! Thanks Pam. :thumbsup2:cool2:

The Chenin Blanc was very good. South African wines are pretty good, especially considering their cost!

The Wednesday Wine Tasting at Jiko is wonderful, in case any of you would like to learn more about South African wines! And the price is right - IIRC it was under $40 (including tax). :goodvibes

Thanks for the information! Heading there at the beginning of April and have a couple questions. Is the beer self serve? Would they allow you to take a couple back to the room or more importantly the pool. Obviously no glass by the pool so would they serve it in a plastic cup.?

Beer is not self-serve. That changed 2 or 3 years ago. If you want it to go, yes, they will pour it into a plastic cup. :thumbsup2

Thanks for this list—it looks great to me, especially the sangria and mimosas!

Do you know if they have any whiskies during the dessert service? My husband and son enjoy their evening drink. Thank you!

No whiskeys. They have Amarula, Kahlua, Grand Marnier, and (I can’t remember the 4th cordial at the moment :confused3)

Quick question since I’ve been trying to hold out hopes of upgrading my CR November stay to CL. How are the toiletries still? In small bottles or are they in that dispenser style like at other resorts? Also, I wish bacon and waffles were served in CL lounge. It would make it so much easier to justify the upgrade :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter