Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

The 4th floor deluxe room that we stayed in was by the door to the CL area, but outside. That was a few years ago now, so they may have moved the check in desk for the CL to include those rooms?

We have never stayed in the 3rd floor rooms, but I imagine that they are also outside the CL area.
I think that's right, and your room is one of the ones I would actually prefer (whether on the 3rd floor or 4th) as they're closer to the elevator. The other three on the 4th floor are past the desk down the hall, those are the ones I think are "protected" from being downgraded from Club Level. From what I know, you are also right in that all 5 of the 3rd floor deluxe CL rooms are outside the "designated" CL area.

Which means that only 3 out of 10 of the deluxe CL rooms are actually in the CL area. :scared:

But.... maybe people who would formerly have stayed at a deluxe room at BC are now over in BWI, making their bookings better and possibly increasing the chances of Disney keeping those rooms in Club......

Last edited:
I think that's right, and your room is one of the ones I would actually prefer (whether on the 3rd floor or 4th) as they're closer to the elevator. The other three on the 4th floor are past the desk down the hall, those are the ones I think are "protected" from being downgraded from Club Level. From what I know, you are also right in that all 5 of the 3rd floor deluxe CL rooms are outside the "designated" CL area.

Which means that only 3 out of 10 of the deluxe CL rooms are actually in the CL area. :scared:

But.... maybe people who would formerly have stayed at a deluxe room at BC are now over in BWI, making their bookings better and possibly increasing the chances of Disney keeping those rooms in Club......
I’m hoping the fact that there are 3 inside the CL doors will keep the entire category CL. However, they could also make some CL and some not when you book, I think there was a time when on the website some Deluxe BC rooms were in the CL category and some were not. Seems tough for Disney IT, but I can see them trying. It does put more demand on them, plus the WL lost half of theirs in the transition to CC! If they are always booked I could also see someone having a bright idea in a meeting that if they took away the CL access Disney might get more money from those guests out of food purchases and still keep the rooms filled with families that need 6! I hope I’m not giving any ideas! I think it would be terrible IMO. I’m still secretly hoping the BC deluxe rooms change back to CL access at some point!

In our experience, the Deluxe CL rooms at BWI stay booked. I've noticed the Garden Cottages were less popular in the past, although it seems like that is changing. I can't imagine WDW taking the Deluxe CL rooms away from BWI.
In addition to all the extra space, they all have a Crescent Lake view. Booking Deluxe CL is the only way to "guarantee" a water view. (Unless booking a suite, which is another price point altogether...)

Last edited:

In our experience, the Deluxe CL rooms at BWI stay booked. I've noticed the Garden Cottages were less popular in the past, although it seems like that is changing. I can't imagine WDW taking the Deluxe CL rooms away from BWI.
In addition to all the extra space, they all have a Crescent Lake view. Booking Deluxe CL is the only way to "guarantee" a water view. (Unless booking a suite, which is another price point altogether...)
I’m not worried about losing the rooms, (which I guess would be impossible lol), I’m worried about them taking away the CL access like they did with the BC deluxe CL rooms. But I think this is different in that these rooms are close to the lounge, with some inside the locked CL area, and weren’t the BC ones further from the lounge and floor? Or am I wrong about that?

Thanks! I'd been working on getting the right BoG day/time but got that sorted out this morning. Amusingly the reservation I haven't gotten yet is for a Beaches and Cream lunch (we're staying CL BC) and I have multiple days selected even. We generally have good luck with TP finding things but the only one they've failed at is Beaches and Cream last year, I was hoping it'd be easier with just a party of 2 this time. Should have jumped on it faster.
We’ve done walk ups at Beaches and Cream several times for the counter. There are 5 of us and we’ve gotten a table within 45 minutes or so which isn’t bad if staying at BC. We just get a text when they are ready for us. We often can’t get a reservation and this generally works. Good luck!

I’m not worried about losing the rooms, (which I guess would be impossible lol), I’m worried about them taking away the CL access like they did with the BC deluxe CL rooms. But I think this is different in that these rooms are close to the lounge, with some inside the locked CL area, and weren’t the BC ones further from the lounge and floor? Or am I wrong about that?
I probably wasn't clear. I agree with you, I don't want them to downgrade the Deluxe CL rooms at BWI. At BWI, all the Deluxe CL rooms have a lovely Crescent Lake view. I see that as a great club level plus.

From the website, it looks like the deluxe non-CL rooms at BC can have views of either Stormalong Bay, Crescent Lake, Quiet Pool or Parking Area. (No choice...luck of the draw/request.)
I do think they may need to adjust the name of either the Beach Club or the BWI rooms, they are too similar.

I'm staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge club level for the first time in April. I read online that there are room refurbishments happening, is it noisy when hanging out in the room? We are planning a day to relax on our balcony and watch the animals and hearing construction will ruin that.

Also, what type of food is offered in the lounge?

@GADisneyDad14 posted a few reports last year about AKL Club level and its offerings, I'll attach his recent post that had links to the food pics. I did see a fairly recent YouTube vlog from a couple that stayed on the DVC portion of AKL CL, and most of the offerings looked to be the same as were posted in this thread.

Hey @Andrea, I don’t have a ton of experience at AKL CL but we stayed there 1.5 times last year, I wrote about those stays here:

AKL CL - April 2018

AKL CL - Oct 2018 (breakfast only)

CL stuff tends to change/morph over time and these have some age to them, but generally speaking those posts should give you a rough idea of what AKL CL is all about.

AKL is a very different resort and CL experience compared to other Disney options and has its own set of pros/cons (like all resorts), but we really enjoyed our time there, FWIW.

@GADisneyDad14 posted a few reports last year about AKL Club level and its offerings, I'll attach his recent post that had links to the food pics. I did see a fairly recent YouTube vlog from a couple that stayed on the DVC portion of AKL CL, and most of the offerings looked to be the same as were posted in this thread.
Thank you! This is really helpful

I have been pricing out at CL YC and CL BWI for this October. BWI is always higher for a standard CL room. Does BWI offer something YC doesn’t?

I have been pricing out at CL YC and CL BWI for this October. BWI is always higher for a standard CL room. Does BWI offer something YC doesn’t?

Most BWI CL "Standard Room" rooms have a Boardwalk view or a garden/leisure pool view. Most YC CL "Standard View" rooms are views of rooftop or parking areas. I haven't compared rack rates in awhile, but I suspect the YC Garden View and/or Water View categories may be more in line with BWI's rates. Those two YC view categories are arguably more apples to apples with BWI CL's "Standard Rooms" from a view perspective.

Last edited:
I am booked in a Standard View YC CL room for the end of May but could move to Sugarloaf at the GF for about $150 more total for the length of the stay. Are the offerings in the lounges much different between YC and Sugarloaf?

I'm staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge club level for the first time in April. I read online that there are room refurbishments happening, is it noisy when hanging out in the room? We are planning a day to relax on our balcony and watch the animals and hearing construction will ruin that.

Also, what type of food is offered in the lounge?

I was just there for NYE and posted several pics and menus about the food options starting on page 1011 of this thread. Absolutely NO construction noise. The rooms are currently getting a soft goods refurb so no jackhammers, just replacing pillows, linens, etc. The pool refurb was finished in November of 2018. I'm not aware of any other current construction.

I am booked in a Standard View YC CL room for the end of May but could move to Sugarloaf at the GF for about $150 more total for the length of the stay. Are the offerings in the lounges much different between YC and Sugarloaf?

The food will be different but not vastly. It's not like at GF you're getting lobster and YC gets bologna sandwiches, ha. Where will you be spending more of your time? MK or EP & HS? I think location plays a bigger role than the food.

I was just there for NYE and posted several pics and menus about the food options starting on page 1011 of this thread. Absolutely NO construction noise. The rooms are currently getting a soft goods refurb so no jackhammers, just replacing pillows, linens, etc. The pool refurb was finished in November of 2018. I'm not aware of any other current construction.
That's great to hear thank you! I'll check out your posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter