Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I am really surprised they are putting people here. I understood there was construction, but it exceeded anything I imagined. I really thought paying extra for water/pool view would lessen our chances of it. We are very fortunate to be local and try out a lot of resorts. I feel horrific if this was someone's Once Ever Disney trip. All my kids agreed we didn't need to stay there again. (But they did love the splash pad and pool!)

I'm not necessarily surprised that they're still keeping rooms opened. But I am surprised that they're charging as much as they are. When we booked, I booked preferred with an AP discount and it was cheaper than a standard room with any other discount (AP wasn't available) And those standard rooms for April were still well over $200 per night.

I stayed here over the weekend for a quick spring break trick. I had booked a water/pool view, and in MDE I *thought* I had a choice of Martinque or Trinidad, with picking Martinque. (This I could be wrong on, as I really can't remember) I was assigned Aruba. Aruba and Jamaica are a complete mess. The construction to accomodate the evacuation gondolas, or whatever is going on, is BAD. Usually Disney is pretty good at covering up the construction, but this was many, many feet of chain link fence, small back hoe diggers and other cool things if you're a 4 year old boy, plywood on the ground to create walkways (inside the construction area, not where guests would walk), and tubing that I assumed was the sprinkler system to be replaced.

This was our first time here and we don't need to return. The rest of the resort was fine. Kids loved the pool and the splash pad, which wasn't open Friday, but was Saturday. We didn't try any of the dining. The room, while small like a lot of disney rooms, was very clean and beds were comfy.
Thanks for the update on what’s going on at cbr. Sorry the construction was still such a mess for you!
Was there a reason the splash pad was closed? Is it only open on certain days? Just wondering for our upcoming summer trip because we have little ones and we’re planning a rest day that included pool/splash pad.

Was there a reason the splash pad was closed? Is it only open on certain days? Just wondering for our upcoming summer trip because we have little ones and we’re planning a rest day that included pool/splash pad.

Unless there's an issue, the splash pad is open every day.

Trinidad
  • We are staying here this coming summer
  • It was the only eligible village with my cousin's generous cast member discount
  • I was hesitant to go with it, due to the size of the beds, the distance from Centertown/Old Port Royale/main pool, etc...
  • With these recent reviews about Riviera construction/Skyliner construction/Aruba & Jamaica being torn up, I'm thinking Trinidad might not be that bad (I know construction is expected to be done by the summer, and I hope for everyone's sake that it is, but you never know)
  • Plus, I'm hoping Spyglass Grill is a nice, convenient alternative to Centertown
Is anyone here familiar with the Trinidad section? If so, is there any building you prefer over the others?

Thanks in advance.

Every building, except the Trinidad where the Pirate Themed rooms are, have King rooms. Sections/buildings are not categorized as Preferred, only rooms are. In Martinique and Barbados there are Preferred, King and Water View rooms. In Jamaica and Aruba there are Standard, King and Water View rooms.

Dansdad, does this mean water view can be anywhere except Trinidad? Or is there a standard water view and a preferred water view? Which section would I expect with a reservation of “Water or Pool view”?

Dansdad, does this mean water view can be anywhere except Trinidad?

Yes. The only Water View rooms in Trinidad are called Pirate Themed Water View.

Or is there a standard water view and a preferred water view?

No. Rooms are either Standard, Preferred or Water View.

Which section would I expect with a reservation of “Water or Pool view”?

Any building in Jamaica, Aruba, Martinique or Barbados.

Thanks everyone for all the advice on picking a room!! (I have been scouring this thread and looking at maps ad nauseum.) We'll be at CBR at the end of June (fingers crossed the major construction is over by then!)

We have a Water view (with 5th sleeper) booked so I'm going to request: Martinique 26, Barbados 31/32, Jamaica 45, or Aruba 51 (in that order). Hoping some pixie dust gets sprinkled on it.

What is the best timing for adding that to my reservation/request? I have Touring Plans so I'll probably utilize that service to send it in.

What is the best timing for adding that to my reservation/request? I have Touring Plans so I'll probably utilize that service to send it in.

If you call the Main Reservation line and add your requests to your reservation, our preferred method, it can be done anytime from the day you book up until 4-5 days out . When within that time frame makes no difference. If you use Touring Plans fax service, they will send it 5 days out.

Trinidad
  • We are staying here this coming summer
  • It was the only eligible village with my cousin's generous cast member discount
  • I was hesitant to go with it, due to the size of the beds, the distance from Centertown/Old Port Royale/main pool, etc...
  • With these recent reviews about Riviera construction/Skyliner construction/Aruba & Jamaica being torn up, I'm thinking Trinidad might not be that bad (I know construction is expected to be done by the summer, and I hope for everyone's sake that it is, but you never know)
  • Plus, I'm hoping Spyglass Grill is a nice, convenient alternative to Centertown
Is anyone here familiar with the Trinidad section? If so, is there any building you prefer over the others?

Thanks in advance.

Personally I like 34 the best. Furthest north so closest to OPR and only one building away from the bus stop and Spyglass/pool. For 36 and 37 they straddle the bus stop and pool, but I'm not sure on all the rooms in those buildings on preferred status.

Are you staying late summer? There is a possibility the CBR part of the Skyliner could be open for Galaxy's Edge and the bridge to the station is right by 34. Something to consider.

Personally I like 34 the best. Furthest north so closest to OPR and only one building away from the bus stop and Spyglass/pool. For 36 and 37 they straddle the bus stop and pool, but I'm not sure on all the rooms in those buildings on preferred status.

Are you staying late summer? There is a possibility the CBR part of the Skyliner could be open for Galaxy's Edge and the bridge to the station is right by 34. Something to consider.

We are going August 10th to the 17th. I've been keeping an eye on the progress reports of the Skyliner. It would be very cool if it is operating while we are there, but I am not getting my hopes up.

Ok, so one vote for 34.

Dansdad, does this mean water view can be anywhere except Trinidad? Or is there a standard water view and a preferred water view? Which section would I expect with a reservation of “Water or Pool view”?
We are staying in a Pirate Water View room in December and I have written down building 35 for some reason. I think it must be because we are water view....it seems close to Spyglass Grill and fairly close to the bridge to catch the Skyliner and also close to the Trinidad pool. We'll have our then 15 month old granddaughter along with our son and daughter in law and I'm hoping the location will provide some nice relaxation after what should prove to be a crazy time at WDW! For the bus situation we may head to OPR when heading to MK or AK.

We are staying in a Pirate Water View room in December and I have written down building 35 for some reason. I think it must be because we are water view....it seems close to Spyglass Grill and fairly close to the bridge to catch the Skyliner and also close to the Trinidad pool. We'll have our then 15 month old granddaughter along with our son and daughter in law and I'm hoping the location will provide some nice relaxation after what should prove to be a crazy time at WDW! For the bus situation we may head to OPR when heading to MK or AK.

For what you're looking for, 35 right next to the lake is definitely best case. Keep in mind water view is also pool facing rooms which 35 has also. If you want the lake with a little stretch of sandy beach then 38 is great and really not that much further of a walk, with a nice path next to the lake and passing the pool that goes basically right to 35. I want to say there are minimal pool water view in 38, but not totally sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter