Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Buses weren't bad at all for us. I don't think we ever waited more than 10 minutes and that was after just missing a bus. That being said we were in Trinidad north building 31 which is right next to the new old port royal stops so I can't speak for jamacia or Aruba.

Please forgive me if this has been answered 5,000 times before, but how do the busses work with the construction?

Do you have to take an internal bus to a centralized bus stop for the parks (like Fort Wilderness), or do the park busses stop at each location in the resort (like Riverside)?

Thanks!

Please forgive me if this has been answered 5,000 times before, but how do the busses work with the construction?

Do you have to take an internal bus to a centralized bus stop for the parks (like Fort Wilderness), or do the park busses stop at each location in the resort (like Riverside)?

Thanks!

Like POR, a park bus will stop at each Village and at OPR.

Exactly where are the ice machines (and if I'm understanding correctly, also the Coke Freestyle machines) located in buildings 34 and 38?

We stayed in Jamaica in 2014 (corner room, water view) & loved it! We're thinking when we go in Nov/Dec this year of trying Aruba for the specific reason that we'd love the view of Centertown. My question is, is the view of the pretty painted buildings still gorgeous OR are they obstructed by the construction now. If the latter is the case, we'll request Jamaica again. TIA!!

Thanks!
Like Dansdad said they will stop at each village. The internal bus is more for if you want to go to the customs house or if you want to go from village to village. So say you were in Martinique and wanted to go to Spyglass Grill. Instead of walking all the way to Trinidad South you could take the internal shuttle there.

So say you were in Martinique and wanted to go to Spyglass Grill. Instead of walking all the way to Trinidad South you could take the internal shuttle there.
Or hop on a Park bus at Martinique if one comes before the Internal and ride it to TS.:)

Very true! I probably should have used Jamaica or Aruba as an example since they would make more sense to use the shuttle in that case.

Bus question. We check in tomorrow and requested either Aruba or Jamaica. When catching a bus in the morning for rope drops would we be better off going over and catching the bus at Martinique or the new old port Royale bus stops? Or should we just go to our local bus stop? I was thinking with ours being one of the last stops it might be better to go to the others to avoid full buses. Thanks in advance.

Bus question. We check in tomorrow and requested either Aruba or Jamaica. When catching a bus in the morning for rope drops would we be better off going over and catching the bus at Martinique or the new old port Royale bus stops? Or should we just go to our local bus stop? I was thinking with ours being one of the last stops it might be better to go to the others to avoid full buses. Thanks in advance.
Reports have Martinique/OPR/TN/TS having their "own" buses and Jamaica/Aruba having their "own" buses in the early AM.

YMMV.:)

For those who have been recently how have the bus waits been? I’m trying to convince Dh that we picked right by staying at the CBR vs off-site with the Inlaws. I told him my main reason was the buses and not having to drive.

I think it depends on when you are going and how busy the day is. We stayed during a fairly busy time in late mid-Dec and there were times the buses would get to Jamaica and Aruba and be full ( occasionally Jamaica/Aruba got their own buses, but not all the time in the mornings). When we had a firm time to be somewhere, we would walk from Jamaica to Martinique to ensure we were on a bus. Overall, bus waits were no different than other resorts that Ive stayed in. If you give yourself a just-in-case cushion you should be fine/pleased IMO.

In December it was hit or miss but WEDWDW gives solid info so I would trust their opinion. Aruba got passed alot when we were there in December due to full buses though, but that was December. Let me know your experience as we will be back in a week and a half :)

We just checked in late last night. Despite my repeated requests from start for Jamaica and two calls for a different room location yesterday we are in Aruba 56 in connecting rooms. In Aruba 56 we are right next to Riveria and pretty far from everything else. We have stayed at CBR frequently with construction; last visit was January of this year. I am thinking this room location is a good test case of how bad CBR can be. Fingers crossed!

I've been following this thread for a long time, I really appreciate all the time put into it! We check in on Tuesday. I was a bit apprehensive about the construction, but we changed from POR after the dog announcement (my grumpy husband hates dogs). The only request I made was for a corner room, and we are driving so I'm not worried about the buses. Can't wait!

I've been a little apprehensive with the construction, but I decided that a $189 difference between POP Century and Caribbean Beach is worth it just for the pool. We're booked in a standard view room and making a request for Jamaica. We are on the regular dining plan, so I think we will probably do lunch there one time. Is there anything else we need to be aware of? Thanks!

We just checked in late last night. Despite my repeated requests from start for Jamaica and two calls for a different room location yesterday we are in Aruba 56 in connecting rooms. In Aruba 56 we are right next to Riveria and pretty far from everything else. We have stayed at CBR frequently with construction; last visit was January of this year. I am thinking this room location is a good test case of how bad CBR can be. Fingers crossed!
Sorry you didn’t get the building you wanted. I hope your stay won’t be that bad.

20180519_145502-1008x756.jpg 20180519_150459-756x1008.jpg 20180519_150505-756x1008.jpg We've just had a 3 night stay at CBR. We were in Martinique 2511 right next to the market room 2509. Didn't see the constriction from our room just when we walked to the pool you need to go through it. The pool is good. Looks bigger in the pictures!! My youngest got height checked in the splash area. No one was in it and she just made it under. We didnt use the resort bus but each side has its own. We used the internal bus to get to reception and it only took 10 mins total to go from Martinique all the way round and back.

20180518_214227-756x1008.jpg 20180518_214254-756x1008.jpg 20180518_214303-756x1008.jpg 20180518_214536-756x1008.jpg 20180519_133006-756x1008.jpg 20180519_133011-756x1008.jpg

Love hearing these reports and seeing the photos. My DH looked at the welcome packet we received and is excited about the pool. Kids really haven't seen yet.

I ended up changing our reservation back to a standard view from a water view room. I'd rather save the money and we really don't spend that much time in the room and if we do it isn't to see the view from it. I'm planning on using TP for a room request, but need to modify it. I'm still not sure where to request a room yet. Perhaps I should just roll the dice. The only request right now is a corner room.

Cannot wait to check out this resort in just over a month!

On question: is the Custom House gone? If that's the case, where is check in/check out? Where would Magical Express drop you off?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!