Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

just checked the smoking thread on the resorts board. the map for CBR still has all of martinique and barbados in it! well, we know that isn't up to date. I heard the colorful courtyards are no longer DSAs.. is there anywhere to get correct info of the DSAs at CBR? (and why can't they keep that smoking thread up to date? lol)

No. It's still goes to martinique first then the new stop at old port royal, then Trinidad north.

Just an update the walk path they had behind old port royale's been blocked off for a few days now. They've had construction trucks and diggers over there working on it, but it really hasn't been that loud. They've also been working on the entry gate/exit by jamacia. They've been planting trees and bushes. It looks pretty nice.

Ok, I'm awful and completely didn't notice until walking back to our room just now, but the tower is up between Aruba and jamacia. They still have skrim around the bottom so I'm guessing they're still working on some part of it.

Okay, so I have a question. We currently have CBR booked Sept 29-Oct 6 with free dining upgraded to DxDP. We just changed our return flight to Oct 7 because United had changed our Oct 6 departure from 4:15 pm to 12:45 pm and that was just not working for us because we had planned on a morning in AK. What I'm wondering is, what is the likelihood that we can tack an additional night on to our existing reservation? We're working through a travel agent, so I know that she'll have to make the actual change, but I'm wondering what sort of expectations I should set myself up for.

Okay, so I have a question. We currently have CBR booked Sept 29-Oct 6 with free dining upgraded to DxDP. We just changed our return flight to Oct 7 because United had changed our Oct 6 departure from 4:15 pm to 12:45 pm and that was just not working for us because we had planned on a morning in AK. What I'm wondering is, what is the likelihood that we can tack an additional night on to our existing reservation? We're working through a travel agent, so I know that she'll have to make the actual change, but I'm wondering what sort of expectations I should set myself up for.

When I just looked on the Disney World Website it shows lots of room choices available for the 6th so I would guess you would be in luck

I hate when airlines change flight times last minute. It sounds like you have made the best of it though. You shouldn’t have a problem getting the added night. Have fun!

Maybe it is already on here, but does anyone there recently, have the activity sheet for May? Just wondering if they are doing anything "special" for Memorial Day? we are avoiding the parks that day ;)

Maybe it is already on here, but does anyone there recently, have the activity sheet for May? Just wondering if they are doing anything "special" for Memorial Day? we are avoiding the parks that day ;)
Nothing special listed.:)

cb_recreation_Page_1.jpg

cb_recreation_Page_2.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay on the construction pictures from our stay. We made it home late last night and for some reason I couldn't upload photos using just my phone.

The new tower between Aruba and Jamacia.
[GALLERY=]32525884_10105724884113348_4489007016420835328_n.jpg [/GALLERY]

A few of the construction just past Aruba 52
[GALLERY=]32332011_10105724887586388_1348684962907291648_n.jpg [/GALLERY]
[GALLERY=]32372960_10105724886054458_6811606144755171328_n.jpg [/GALLERY]

Sorry for the delay on the construction pictures from our stay. We made it home late last night and for some reason I couldn't upload photos using just my phone.

The new tower between Aruba and Jamacia.
[GALLERY=]View attachment 322180 [/GALLERY]

A few of the construction just past Aruba 52
[GALLERY=]View attachment 322181 [/GALLERY]
[GALLERY=]View attachment 322186 [/GALLERY]
Thanks for sharing your experience with the construction! We go in December, so hoping things continue to move along.

Even with the construction everyone there was wonderful. We heard the equipment for the lawn care more than we ever heard construction, but you could tell they were working on it just from the progress they had made in the short time we were there. I wouldn't hesitate booking another stay there.

Thanks for the info Moramoon, sounds like you had a wonderful time!

AnakinsDad, no sorry, no boat rides, other than the ones you can rent to ride around the little lake. Another reason the Gondolas will be so nice! Up until now, buses or a car have been the only transportation options from CBR
On a side note I need to find a page with all the acronyms, I'm sure I get them mixed up, CS is Coronado right? CB is ? And what is the Contemporary's acronym??

Thanks for the info Moramoon, sounds like you had a wonderful time!

AnakinsDad, no sorry, no boat rides, other than the ones you can rent to ride around the little lake. Another reason the Gondolas will be so nice! Up until now, buses or a car have been the only transportation options from CBR
On a side note I need to find a page with all the acronyms, I'm sure I get them mixed up, CS is Coronado right? CB is ? And what is the Contemporary's acronym??
CB: Caribbean Beach
CS: Coronado Springs
CR: Contemporary Resort

About to submit my room request. We have a king room booked. Aruba 51 and Jamaica 49 are still the go to buildings during construction, correct? Thanks so much to everyone here. This thread has been awesome in my vacation planning.

Even with the construction everyone there was wonderful. We heard the equipment for the lawn care more than we ever heard construction, but you could tell they were working on it just from the progress they had made in the short time we were there. I wouldn't hesitate booking another stay there.

Thanks so much for the construction update-that is exactly what we were hoping to hear! It will be our first time at CBR, so I was a little worried given the construction. I feel good with the choice now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter