Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Great news, thanks for sharing this. I'm assuming they have a decaf coffee urn as well as regular? And can you remember if there is one for just hot water? I'm probably asking a lot now!
I don't remember seeing decaf, but there were two urns. I just can't remember now if both were regular or one was decaf. I am sorry! And no hot water when we were there in May. They are just the big coffee urns you might see at a conference or typical hotel buffet. I do believe they had tea bags as well, but not hot water. But I could be wrong. It was 6:30 am and I was trying to grab coffee before waking the family up for the day (I have a hang up using the coffee makers in the rooms.....it grosses me out).

The Cake Bake Shop at Disney’s Boardwalk Nearing Completion

Construction of The Cake Bake Shop at Disney’s Boardwalk is finally nearing completion. Crews have been installing lighting fixtures, signs, and other details.
Construction site enclosed by white panels with signs for The Cake Bake Shop that say Coming Soon. The area is located along a boardwalk with some people walking by.

In March 2024, we reported that The Cake Bake Shop at Disney’s Boardwalk started hiring for multiple positions. In May, the golden “The Cake Bake” signs were installed above the entrances. In our previous construction update, more roofing and walls were completed.

On our latest visit, we noticed that lighting fixtures were installed and had power, twinkly lights surrounding The Cake Bake Shop wordmark on the main entrance signs, and more details.

On the first floor, large lighting fixtures are affixed to the exterior walls in between the windows. The lights look like oversized lanterns.

A boardwalk with construction walls featuring artwork and signage. Several people walk along the boardwalk in front of large, colonial-style buildings under a cloudy sky.
The plastic that was protecting the signs has now been removed, revealing the bright gold letters and filigree. There have also been five white lights installed at each entrance point above the signs.

A white building with an ornate gold sign reading The Cake Bake Shop and another sign below it reading Restaurant. Four light fixtures are mounted above the top sign.

Here is a closer look at the restaurant entrance sign. Other than a few spots of spackle on the facade, the exterior has been painted entirely white. Around the The Cake Bake Shop sign are tiny holes housing twinkling lights. Earlier, we saw crews testing these lights. This certainly adds a whimsical touch to the otherwise flat design.

A white, two-story building with a sign that reads Cake Bake Shop is under construction, surrounded by a white fence with images of desserts and a smiling woman.

It does appear that the roofing has been completed. Our reporter noted being able to see lights on inside the restaurant. We also have been told that there are already lockers in place for future employees backstage.

A restaurant called Cake Bake with white fencing around the entryway and promotional images of desserts and people displayed on the temporary barriers. The building behind is large and white with multiple windows.

There are small white speakers installed just below the overhang. These speakers will likely play ambient music like most of the other spots on Disney’s BoardWalk.

A building with a section under construction, surrounded by trees and a paved walkway. Several people are walking nearby, and the sky is cloudy.

I read from Tom Bricker at DTB that they had to build a 30,000 sq ft kitchen facility for Cake Bake Shop bakery side and that was what was taking so long. They must plan on selling a huge amount of cake!

I read from Tom Bricker at DTB that they had to build a 30,000 sq ft kitchen facility for Cake Bake Shop bakery side and that was what was taking so long. They must plan on selling a huge amount of cake!
I thought this was also going to be the bakery location for their mail order business.

Yea Tom is great but no. The 31,200 sf ft commercial kitchen was started in 2022, received it's CO in Dec. 2023 and was almost completed in last March. But they were holding on the final startup of the bakery until the retail location was nearing completion at the BW.

The cakes are made without preservatives, so they’re meant to be consumed within a day, when the buttercream has set and the sponge “is so soft it melts in your mouth.”

Each cake can take up to six hours to complete because they’re all hand stacked, hand decorated and hand cut. The Cake Bake Shop will sell 12 flavors each day. The menu consists of eight permanent flavors and four seasonal varieties, plus cheesecakes, pies, crumb cakes, cookies and lemon bars.

source: https://www.growthspotter.com/2024/01/09/the-cake-bake-shop-opens-commercial-bakery-to-serve-disney-restaurant/

Dave

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest