Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Don't know if you have gone yet but pack shower gel they only give you soap.

Is that bar soap only? This is my first time staying in a Value resort. My previous stays (AKL, BWI, and SSR) you had both a bar of soap and liquid shower soap available. Might need to bring some of my "leftovers" from other Disney visits.

Is that bar soap only? This is my first time staying in a Value resort. My previous stays (AKL, BWI, and SSR) you had both a bar of soap and liquid shower soap available. Might need to bring some of my "leftovers" from other Disney visits.
Yes bar soap only no liquid soap.

Thanks for this I was hoping since it was family suites they would have shower gel. I will make sure to bring for us as well.

I wish they had shower gel as well but I have to say when we were there last month I really liked the bath (bar) soap in the shower now. They also leave a facial (also bar) soap at the sinks. I don't think we've ever gotten shower gel at AoA, it's always been bar soap. I usually bring liquid pump soap for the sinks because it's less messy than leaving a wet bar of soap there, but we have always used the bar soap in the shower.

I wish they had shower gel as well but I have to say when we were there last month I really liked the bath (bar) soap in the shower now. They also leave a facial (also bar) soap at the sinks. I don't think we've ever gotten shower gel at AoA, it's always been bar soap. I usually bring liquid pump soap for the sinks because it's less messy than leaving a wet bar of soap there, but we have always used the bar soap in the shower.

I love the Disney facial soap It actually works well on my face surprisingly. I don't fell like I get a good lather with the bar soap so I don't use it at Disney.

I do have some shower gel from a recent trip so I'll bring those, we are split staying here for 3 days and AKL for 3 days we should be fine with those for the few days AOA days.

Do they give you lotion at AoA? Also is it that Marine H2O stuff? I so miss the citrus scented kind they used to use.

Do they give you lotion at AoA? Also is it that Marine H2O stuff? I so miss the citrus scented kind they used to use.

No lotion in the rooms at AoA -- just shampoo, conditioner, body bar soap, and facial bar soap. It's the Sea Marine/Sea Salt line of H2O.

Yes, there are lockers and showers in the restroom right outside the Nemo pool. I believe they cost $1.00 in quarters and can hold a fairly good sized bag/backpack. We used them one trip when we had a late flight after we checked out, spent the afternoon at the pool, then showered and changed and went out to Disney Springs for dinner before our flight.

Awesome! That is good to know. We have a similar situation with a late flight and plan on getting a shower and chance before we head to the airport.

We are thinking of staying at AoA, adding a few days before an October cruise. Last fall we stayed at POR and were surprised by a 10 AM opening for the pool as we had planned to swim early a few days. Does anyone have a guess on when the pools at AoA will be open in October? Do the LM and Cars pools have different open times from the big pool?

We are thinking of staying at AoA, adding a few days before an October cruise. Last fall we stayed at POR and were surprised by a 10 AM opening for the pool as we had planned to swim early a few days. Does anyone have a guess on when the pools at AoA will be open in October?

Most likely 10AM, but maybe still 9AM.

Do the LM and Cars pools have different open times from the big pool?

No.

I have a few questions, if anyone there has run across the answers.

Can you use the laundry rooms with a credit card?

What is the width of the door from the hallway to the dining area? Wondering if our City Elite double with fit.

I would also like to second the question about noise level in the suites. Wondering if it's worth requesting a top floor room.

Thanks!

Yes. We did when we were there last.

Maybe this is a stupid question. I've never heard of the term "quiet pool". Can someone please fill me in on the difference between the pools and related policies? Or is it that "quiet" simply means fewer features/slides/excitement that eventually draws the noise. Thanks!

Maybe this is a stupid question. I've never heard of the term "quiet pool". Can someone please fill me in on the difference between the pools and related policies? Or is it that "quiet" simply means fewer features/slides/excitement that eventually draws the noise. Thanks!

Quiet Pool is an internet term. Disney refers to them as Leisure pools. Leisure pools do not have slides or the daily afternoon pool games that the Main Feature pools do. Because of the lack of a CM with a bullhorn trying to excite the younger pools guests, they are generally quieter than the Main Feature Pools. But it's not like guests have to be quiet when enjoying the Leisure Pools.

My husband and I moved from New Hampshire to Florida back in October. We had a Southern Caribbean cruise planned for January, but, since we live in a tropical climate, we decided to cancel. Instead, we booked a week's stay at the Art of Animation this coming January. Last time we stated at Port Orleans French Quarter for two weeks. For a week for 2 with 8 days worth of tickets, it is $2100 without Florida discounts which should come out in the next three months. We will have our car so we do not have to wait for the buses. Also, we loved the food court (in our humble opinion, POFQ was terrible) and love the pool. Looking foward to our visit. Just a few tips for those who have not been to Disney before:

Bring sunscreen
Plan on wearing a hat
Drink plenty of water
Wear light clothing but bring a jacket for cooler nights
If you go in summer, it will rain every day
Pace yourselves: go to the parks in the morning - come back and enjoy the pool and nap - go back to the parks later in the night
Unless you plan on eating a lot, do not get the food plan - you will spend more time figuring out if you are ahead than enjoying yourselves
Do not plan too many reservations - it prevents you from being spontaneous
Patience, patience and more patience - you are on vacation but so are many others
Bring a lot of money
Have a great time and take a lot of pictures

Does anyone have any experience of the bus times from AofA to the parks? The Unofficial guide site says 20 min. but I'm slightly doubtful... What about the walk time from the LM rooms to the bus stops? I'm just wondering if it's in the 5-10 min range or more 15min. I don't mind for me, but I have a 5 year old drama princess that gets slightly tired at tantrumy intervals ;)

Does anyone have any experience of the bus times from AofA to the parks? The Unofficial guide site says 20 min. but I'm slightly doubtful... What about the walk time from the LM rooms to the bus stops? I'm just wondering if it's in the 5-10 min range or more 15min. I don't mind for me, but I have a 5 year old drama princess that gets slightly tired at tantrumy intervals ;)
AoA to Epcot and Hollywood Studios is ~10 minutes by bus. Closer to 15 for MK and AK. 5 minutes to Disney Springs. Buses come often and you can also take the Pop bus if it comes first at the parks.

We always stay in the Little Mermaid rooms and I have timed the walk - 5 minutes to buses and food court, not sure if it would take longer with a child. You want building 7 or 9 to be slightly closer. Enjoy!

Hi guys,
Does anyone know how long it takes to walk from Pop to AoA?
In particular the food court. If anyone know the shortest and/or longest walk time based on the different buildings to AoA food court I would be very appreciative as I'm at AoA but family is at Pop
TIA

Hi guys,
Does anyone know how long it takes to walk from Pop to AoA?
In particular the food court. If anyone know the shortest and/or longest walk time based on the different buildings to AoA food court I would be very appreciative as I'm at AoA but family is at Pop
TIA
We always stay at AoA but often take the POP buses back from parks. To walk from POP main building/food court to AoA main building is around 5 minutes. We stay in the Mermaid rooms which is another 5 minutes from the food court. If staying in Nemo would only be 5 minutes from POP (closer than food court); Lion King would be maybe 2 more minutes; Cars suites would be ~3 more minutes. Hope that helps!

We always stay at AoA but often take the POP buses back from parks. To walk from POP main building/food court to AoA main building is around 5 minutes. We stay in the Mermaid rooms which is another 5 minutes from the food court. If staying in Nemo would only be 5 minutes from POP (closer than food court); Lion King would be maybe 2 more minutes; Cars suites would be ~3 more minutes. Hope that helps!
That's perfect, thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter