Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

Are packs of water (kid size) available in the gift shop? Last year we were told they don’t sell them anymore

Are packs of water (kid size) available in the gift shop? Last year we were told they don’t sell them anymore
I just got back from a week at Sports. I did not see them, although, I have to admit I was not looking for them either.

--->
I was going to phone to request a room but I have no idea what to ask for! Any suggestions? I’m travelling with just my daughter so want a well lit area but I guess all the walkways are probably well lit. We have a standard room. Any suggestions welcome :)

Actually wondering if I already asked this question on this page so going back to look at previous posts 🤣

Just looked back, I previously asked about how to do a request but not what to request so any advice welcome, thanks 😀

anyone know about the kid size water at the gift shop?
I investigated this matter tonight at the All-Star Sports gift shop. The following three waters are available:
(1) Dasani, 20 ounces
(2) "Smart" water, 20 ounces
(3) Dasani, 1 liter

No other water was available.

I was not pleased with the All-Stars' automated parking gate tonight. I drove up, tapped my magic band to the Sports reader, and it repeatedly showed a red 'fail' light. I have used this band for years and knew to a certainty it was still active and associated to my MDE account. The parking CM had to (eventually) let me in manually. A few minutes later the same magic band opened my room door without hesitation. Very odd.

I wanted to mention that the thermostat hack worked like a champ. After locating a YouTube video that showed a thermostat matching the appearance of the one in my room, I followed the steps that allow you to set the temp lower and to stop the motion-sensing. The YT presenter mentioned that he had been annoyed by waking up at 02.00 and finding it was 74F or whatever in the room. The one unexpected aspect was that the hack seemed to keep going all week, even though the presenter said it would reset in 3 days or so.

Does anyone know if there’s any upcoming rehabs closures refurbish coming up . We may be there Oct 20-Nov 1 and I’m not sure where to find this info

If you've already phoned in room request to be near court yard, as a standard room, is it still better to online check in at a x amount of hours prior to check in? I have never done online check in, in fear of losing my room requests, and because we typically get to the check in counter by 6am to either get a vacant room or store our bags.

Is there an ice box with the new coolers? I'm thinking no, but I can't remember. I was thinking of bringing an ice pack to freeze.

The WDW site lists campfire marshmallows at 6:30-7:30pm by bldg 7 Touchdown. Is this actually still going on or dated info? Are sticks and marshmallows provided or do you buy them.

Is there an ice box with the new coolers? I'm thinking no, but I can't remember. I was thinking of bringing an ice pack to freeze.

The WDW site lists campfire marshmallows at 6:30-7:30pm by bldg 7 Touchdown. Is this actually still going on or dated info? Are sticks and marshmallows provided or do you buy them.
No, they are beverage coolers, so usually not even as cold as a regular fridge. I have brought food and had no issue with temps. It is not deep, so not much will fit in it.

You can see it is not deep, maybe 6".

423541888_1144559309878166_6284703491302850674_n.jpg

I saw this on a blog this spring ...

"It’s free to roast marshmallows with a small fee if you would like to buy a s’mores kit."

Last edited:
No, they are beverage coolers, so usually not even as cold as a regular fridge. I have brought food and had no issue with temps. It is not deep, so not much will fit in it.

You can see it is not deep, maybe 6".

View attachment 874772

I saw this on a blog this spring ...

"It’s free to roast marshmallows with a small fee if you would like to buy a s’mores kit."
Thanks! Your food selection looks good too.

That's funny about the "free for a small fee" on the marshmallows.

Thanks! Your food selection looks good too.

That's funny about the "free for a small fee" on the marshmallows.
Thanks, we eat breakfast in room and we often prefer a late dinner in the room so we have more time for fun in the parks. [And due to DS disability there are times he can't leave the room, I can't leave him to go get food, so I always have enough food & snacks to survive stuck in room.]

Weird writing maybe - I took it as marshmallows are free, but if you want the crackers and chocolate for s'mores then you have to pay for those. I'd probably just pack my own. :)

Last edited:
Thanks, we eat breakfast in room and we often prefer a late dinner in the room so we have more time for fun in the parks. [And due to DS disability there are times he can't leave the room, I can't leave him to go get food, so I always have enough food & snacks to survive stuck in room.]

Weird writing maybe - I took it as marshmallows are free, but if you want the crackers and chocolate for s'mores then you have to pay for those. I'd probably just pack my own. :)
It would be nice if they had actual little frig's with a freezer section. A microwave too, but I'd settle for the frig. While that's more cost and cleaning (and potentially food court opportunity cost) for them even a Motel 6 that is actually closer to AK than Sports (we stay there) that costs $65/day typically has these.

I wonder if they provide the sticks for free or if the kit comes with the sticks. While yes, we could bring marshmallows, choc., crackers, bringing the sticks or even a knife to find a stick to carve is probably not a good idea. But potentially entertaining for someone to watch me carve up a stick for marshmallows like I'm at Fort Wilderness.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest