Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

Hi folks,
We are thinking of doing a short onsite stay at Sports, and was wondering about the Disney busses. Is it one bus for all resorts (Sports, Movies, Music)? Or do they each have there own dedicated bus?
Thanks,
Dan

Hi folks,
We are thinking of doing a short onsite stay at Sports, and was wondering about the Disney busses. Is it one bus for all resorts (Sports, Movies, Music)? Or do they each have there own dedicated bus?
Thanks,
Dan

In our experience it’s a mix. In high demand periods each All Star resort gets its own bus. In low demand periods (midday) it’s one bus serving all three.

Hi folks,
Thanks,
Dan

We've stayed at Sports twice and did share coming back to the resort from the parks in the afternoons, but it was no issue. The buses weren't nearly full (probably not even half) going back. I don't remember sharing going to parks in the afternoon though, but I'm sure we did. Even if so, it clearly wasn't an issue as I don't remember.

The only times the bus seemed full from sharing was going to DS. Not so much in the afternoon, but in the evenings the bus was quite full going, and the lines were pretty long trying to come back. One time we did have quite the issue trying to get back to Sports around 10 PM on a weeknight. The line was HUGE. We were towards the front, and after waiting for quite a while, they sent 3 buses in a row. We got on the second barely, I'm sure it took another 3 after us to get everyone on it. The line was just ridiculous and I can't believe how long it got. This was before the new bus stops were open, so maybe its different now.

Even though we did have one major issue, I wouldn't hesitate to stay again. We just got back from CBR, and while we didn't have issues, I think all the stops there takes longer than the 3 stops would be if sharing at the all stars.

In our experience it’s a mix. In high demand periods each All Star resort gets its own bus. In low demand periods (midday) it’s one bus serving all three.

We've stayed at Sports twice and did share coming back to the resort from the parks in the afternoons, but it was no issue. The buses weren't nearly full (probably not even half) going back. I don't remember sharing going to parks in the afternoon though, but I'm sure we did. Even if so, it clearly wasn't an issue as I don't remember.

The only times the bus seemed full from sharing was going to DS. Not so much in the afternoon, but in the evenings the bus was quite full going, and the lines were pretty long trying to come back. One time we did have quite the issue trying to get back to Sports around 10 PM on a weeknight. The line was HUGE. We were towards the front, and after waiting for quite a while, they sent 3 buses in a row. We got on the second barely, I'm sure it took another 3 after us to get everyone on it. The line was just ridiculous and I can't believe how long it got. This was before the new bus stops were open, so maybe its different now.

Even though we did have one major issue, I wouldn't hesitate to stay again. We just got back from CBR, and while we didn't have issues, I think all the stops there takes longer than the 3 stops would be if sharing at the all stars.

Thank you for the info !

Dan

Definitely agree.:)

"Midday" only one stop

32848999537_50e46511e7_c.jpg

"Early AM/late PM" sees 3 stops

40826230133_42bd99f73d_c.jpg

Hi all

Just booked my first stay in sports oct 2020. Few deciding factors being close to Mcd being alot cheaper than pop now, and the closure of the pool at music. Being from the uk i got free dine to, read up a good few pages some great advise. My only real question is what everyones thoughts are on sports being refurbed by oct 2020? We stayed in pop last year and loved the new rooms

Hi all

Just booked my first stay in sports oct 2020. Few deciding factors being close to Mcd being alot cheaper than pop now, and the closure of the pool at music. Being from the uk i got free dine to, read up a good few pages some great advise. My only real question is what everyones thoughts are on sports being refurbed by oct 2020? We stayed in pop last year and loved the new rooms

We've just booked for Oct 2020 too (and from the uk) missed out on dining by a couple weeks as going mid oct. We previously stated at AoA but that's gone over our budget now. First time at sports for us. Don't know the answer to your question sorry. What's McD?

Tiggerlover91 what was you questions and what is the answer?
In case someone else has the same question sometime.

Thanks!

I asked about refrigerators in the rooms. Are they there or do I have to request one. Back in 2011 we had to ask for one in the room. @hiroMYhero answered my question when I asked in private chat. There are refrigerators in the rooms now. We stayed at Pop in 2015 and they had them then

:D

Last edited:
Are the pools heated?..I know the Florida sun heats them but in October \Nov it has been a bit too cool to swim.

Are the pools heated?..I know the Florida sun heats them but in October \Nov it has been a bit too cool to swim.

Yes. We've been in them in January when it was upper 40s low 50s. Getting out is COLD though. And if you put your head under then its cold since it's not in the water constantly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter