Disneyland show?

I don’t dance for free. You gotta shell out if you wanna see me bring the thunder.

And the lightning costs extra.

Reactions: GAN
I don’t dance for free. You gotta shell out if you wanna see me bring the thunder.

And the lightning costs extra.
Now you remind me of the time I saw Thunder from Down Under (although I like saying it Thunduh from Down Unduh!) in Atlantic City. And since they found out it was my birthday, they brought me up on stage. And no - I am NOT the one who told it was my birthday - I am more on the "down low - VERY down low) when I'm out on my birthday!

Last edited:
Reactions: GAN

News from Pete came out on yesterday's show about this topic. They say the show is returning June 11. It will be on video and will be hosted by Pete and Ryno from Orlando with members of the Disneyland team appearing via skype on a rotating basis.

I'm glad that the Disneyland show is returning. I've listened to a few Moustalgia podcasts in the meantime, but that podcast isn't quite the same. It's supposed to be about Disneyland, but it doesn't cover enough of the Disneyland-area related news that the DIS Unplugged Disneyland edition did.

News from Pete came out on yesterday's show about this topic. They say the show is returning June 11. It will be on video and will be hosted by Pete and Ryno from Orlando with members of the Disneyland team appearing via skype on a rotating basis.

Not exactly the format I was hoping for, I think the show needs to be hosted by someone whose home park is Disneyland. I'm happy something is coming back and I hope they don't shy away from highlighting other area attractions and events. I suppose I should reserve judgment until I actually hear it a few weeks.

Truthfully, it really took me off guard. Seeing the DL team on just a rotating basis is a kind of a bummer. I really loved our team, that's not to take away from anyone, just we had a great team.
I loved that the show had an unabashed undercurrent that DL is well, Walt's park, and they had nothing to prove.
My one hope is that Pete and Ryno don't get caught up in spending valuable time making the comparisons. I liked that the old show rarely gave any concern to Orlando happenings, except to send hurricane sympathies as needed.

I have other thoughts but really want to wait until we see what they came up with.

I think Pete just wants to keep things more Streamlined and focused...I think that Pete and company have been pretty up front about their Passion/Fondness and Love and respect for Disneyland, I don't think you will see anyone on the show making the same tired comparisons.. I sadly reached my tipping point with WDW over 3 years ago... however Disneyland has become my new "Personal Disney Park experience" although albeit much less frequently.....still Love listening to both shows and ill probably enjoy the new format even more

I will miss the blue hour on Mixlr...
My thoughts exactly.

Things I’m going to miss:

-the time and day of the week, I’m assuming won’t be recorded as late;
-the Blue Hour;
-Mixlr folks getting on-air mentions (score!);
-making Tom giggle.

The NO SPOILERS buttons I gave out at the meet we had at the D23 Expo last year had “DIS Unplugged Disneyland Edition - Mixlr Crew” printed on them, and if they decide to not use Mixlr with the updated podcast, are officially COLLECTOR’S ITEMS!

I'm not really big on that Idea the delay with Skype is often a big issue any time they have someone skype into the Orlando show. although it isn't nearly as bad as when they would have someone come in live from the parks on video.

Truthfully, it really took me off guard. Seeing the DL team on just a rotating basis is a kind of a bummer. I really loved our team, that's not to take away from anyone, just we had a great team.
I loved that the show had an unabashed undercurrent that DL is well, Walt's park, and they had nothing to prove.
My one hope is that Pete and Ryno don't get caught up in spending valuable time making the comparisons. I liked that the old show rarely gave any concern to Orlando happenings, except to send hurricane sympathies as needed.

I have other thoughts but really want to wait until we see what they came up with.

It almost seems like it's going to turn into the Pete and Ryno show with whatever person they can find to talk to them that week.

I want to be clarify what I said, so it's not taken negatively, I absolutely love Pete and Ryno. I don't often disagree with Pete, and Ryno is so respectful and joyful how can you not like him? I'll always watch them.
What I was talking about was watching the last B&W and other conversations, it made me fearful of it will evolve into a "who has the better Haunted Mansion?" or "who has the better river boat?" Or "well I know in our Magic Kindgom..."
Truly, DL fans don't go to DL because the hamburgers are better or a hyperspace overlay or that we can remove our guns on Buzz.
We talk about changes on Harbor, Ball and Katella with as much investments as if they were roads in our hometowns.
I hope the new show is all about just DL, hashing out new announcements with fresh updates in real time.

Last edited:
Have to chime in here in case @WebmasterPete and Ryno are taking feedback -

We just returned from our 2nd Disneyland trip. Tips from the old team about Southern California were invaluable both times. Years ago Tony's local knowledge was everything for our San Diego add-on. And this time @WebmasterMaryJo and Nancy put our LA weekend right on track. I could not have had such a wonderful 2 days exploring LA without the knowledge they bring to the Day 6 series. On more than 1 occasion we remarked that a tip from them had saved the day. Please continue segments like this.

Meanwhile, @ImTooExcitedToSleep , Tyler and Katrina are wonderful being in the parks so often. I like the new Best and Worst as well.

We'll be shifting focus to the west coast as soon as we can scratch Pandora off our list. Please keep that local perspective coming.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter