Disneyland Resorts Marvel expansion opens July 18th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

So amazing can’t wait to experience it! Initially when I clicked this I thought that it was an announcement of a buyout of the universal contract or something. Though I’m a bit disappointed this is still awesome!

notice in the California Disneyland poster Black Panther is featured prominently - so maybe there was something to Iger's comment about "I am sure some imagineer is working on a Black Panther attraction"

... or he will just be one of many in the Avengers attraction and he is just on the poster to capitalize on how popular the movie is

edit: not to imply there is a separate Black Panther attraction more just wondering if that character will be a key feature int he Avengers one vs just one of many

Well, I got one last look around the place at DL in October. I took the kids through "It's Tough to be a Bug", which I still like. Bugs land never held any interest even when kids were younger so no regrets.
Will be interesting to see how they mesh this new land together with everything else. I still like ToT better than Guardians but now that they are going to make a whole land out of it I feel better about it. Still have the superior DS ToT so no regrets there either.

notice in the California Disneyland poster Black Panther is featured prominently - so maybe there was something to Iger's comment about "I am sure some imagineer is working on a Black Panther attraction"

... or he will just be one of many in the Avengers attraction and he is just on the poster to capitalize on how popular the movie is

edit: not to imply there is a separate Black Panther attraction more just wondering if that character will be a key feature int he Avengers one vs just one of many
Interesting note, he probably will be in the avengers attraction.

Oh dear. Looks like I will never find Flik again, unless if he might meet 'n' greet at Pixar Pier. But I think people might be a doubting thomas that he'll ever meet n greet again.

This is going to be very hard for me, because I love to visit Flik at A Bugs Land. As soon as I go to Disneyland next month, maybe I should find him and say goodbye before it closes. Maybe he might meet'n'greet at Pixar Pier or Hollywoodland. It's a possibility, but I'm not sure it'll happen.

I’m intrigued, but upset for the shoehorned attractions that never belonged are now closing. And waving my fist at universal for us not getting this

Awesome! A bug's land was adorably themed, but a waste of time for anyone older than 3.

Hmm...not sure how I feel about this announcement. It seems that the new "attraction" will be a 4d movie since they already closed the theater. The announcement talks specifically about "kinetic attractions" in Paris and Hong Kong but not here. There isn't enough room in Bugs Land to put a REAL E Ticket attraction. Seems like this land will be mainly character based meet and greets and some themed food stalls and shops. Kind of disappointing.

OK, I'll be odd man out. BLECH. I'm so over all these recently acquired IP stuff! Give me some classic Disney please! This is fast becoming Universal to me. And I haven't been to Universal in over a decade. Only now to get to the older classic Disney stuff I love, I'll be swimming upstream against ever increasing crowds. :(

Hmm...not sure how I feel about this announcement. It seems that the new "attraction" will be a 4d movie since they already closed the theater. The announcement talks specifically about "kinetic attractions" in Paris and Hong Kong but not here. There isn't enough room in Bugs Land to put a REAL E Ticket attraction. Seems like this land will be mainly character based meet and greets and some themed food stalls and shops. Kind of disappointing.
There will be two new attractions. A Spider-Man and then avengers attraction. The rumors suggested a coaster as well.

OK, I'll be odd man out. BLECH. I'm so over all these recently acquired IP stuff! Give me some classic Disney please! This is fast becoming Universal to me. And I haven't been to Universal in over a decade. Only now to get to the older classic Disney stuff I love, I'll be swimming upstream against ever increasing crowds. :(
Unfortunately classic disney doesn’t sell like newer Disney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter