• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Paris (add-on)

Ivory

Mouseketeer
Has any one done the DLP add on with their ABD trip?

We are considering doing this and I know that they give you the VIP fastpassess, but does anyone know if meals are included?

I am considering the Disneyland hotel (pink palace)

Also are you considered part of the Castle Club? It seems from what I've been hearing the Castle Club gets all sorts of perks, including afternoon tea and many other things, and you must be a Castle Club to get the VIP Fastpassess, but when I ask ABD they say you are not Castle Club when you use the add on.

It seems confusing, and the add on is not cheap.

Any input or advice is appreciated

We're adding on to our Viva Italia tour in October. Unfortunately I can't help you too much as we're doing it ourselves, and not 'officially' through Disney. At the end of our tour, we're flying from Venice to Paris, and staying at DLP (using our DVC points) for a week. We'll spend some days at the parks, and some days touring Paris. It should be a great time. Under our plan, we're paying for everything ourselves. The real bummer is we're required to purchase length-of-stay passes for the week, even though we won't be going into the parks every day. That stinks!!

Hopefully someone else will be able to give you advice on 'official' add-ons that you're looking to do!

Whatever happens, have a great adventure!

We went on the Knights and Lights trip last December, which included Christmas Day. We had elected to do the add-on at DLP (staying at the New York Hotel for two nights)--but with the holiday we ended up going with the group to DLP on a VIP tour on Christmas Day, which was just great. We were split into two groups--thrill seekers and tamer rides, lead by guides and had reserve spots in a couple of shows and the parade, capped off with dinner on Main Street at Walt's. Just a great time--and seeing the French differences to familiar rides was fun. Be sure to see the dragon in the dungeon of the castle, and the western section of DLP which is beautifully landscaped. That said--our add-on became fairly relaxed, as we did a lot in that one VIP day. For any Disney fan, it is a must--and be sure to let the front desk know at check in that your are with ABD to get your VIP fastpass. I'd plan to do the main park right away in the AM (with the add on breakfasts are included--so your lunch and dinners will be in the park or in the downtown Disney section, or the hotels)--and maybe the studio for a few hours over two days. There is an early entry time to DLP. The Disney Hotel is beautiful--smaller version of Grand Floridian, and sits right over the entrance to the main park. the NY hotel is a bit cheaper and a 10 minute walk (through the downtown section). It's all good!

Thanks so much for your information, it makes it so much easier to plan when you get some insight from people who have already gone.

we went to DLP on our own after Knights and Lights 2 years ago. We had a castle club room to get the VIP fastpass - they didn't have them for add ons. Otherwise it was really just like concierge at a WDW deluxe resort. The hotel was beautiful and SOOO convenient. We had a great time - beware of the Raiders of the lost ark ride (different from DL) if you have any kind of back /neck trouble;)

We did the add-on through AbD, stayed at Disneyland Hotel. Did get the VIP fastpasses for 3 days. The rooms were NOT club level so all food was paid OOP. I called ahead before we left US and made my meal reservations.

We did our own side-trip to DLP and stayed at the Disneyland Hotel. All guests at the DLH get free fastpasses. Also, breakfast was included with the room - for the DLH, the breakfast is a huge character breakfast - think Chef Mickey's. DLP has a bus that picks up and drops off at the airport - for not much money - you pay the driver. Check out the DLP website - they frequently run specials. Also, the DLP board members here on the DIS are very helpful if you have questions.

Pakey, I did end up phoning ABD directly and was advised with the VIP Fastpassess there is a character Breakfast as well as character dinner included. Did they not include that when you went, maybe it is something new now.

Pakey, I did end up phoning ABD directly and was advised with the VIP Fastpassess there is a character Breakfast as well as character dinner included. Did they not include that when you went, maybe it is something new now.

We did have breakfast buffet. Not sure I'd call it a character breakfast as there was one character outside where you check in and that was it (it was definitely nothing like Chef Mickeys). We did not have dinners included. We did the princess lunch at the parc and ate at the Blue Lagoon by Pirates and paid OOP for these meals. Those lunches were so filling I would not have had room for a dinner anyway but it's nice that they are including that now.

I loved DLRP so much (my favorite park of all I've been to) and I can't wait to have an opportunity to return there again.

Hmmm. Maybe they changed the breakfast since I went? I've got several pictures with me sitting with characters and at the buffet with characters. Do they have another character breakfast at the hotel?

The only other thing I wanted to mention: the rides at DLP are much more intense than those in the states. (Specifically, Space Mountain--you really rocket around on that one--and Thunder Mountain (goes under the lake--nice set up, but much faster than Disneyland or Disney World)). And be sure to spend time walking the grounds of the Phantom Manor--another very different version of the old favorite, and the graveyard is fun.

I have never been on an ABD trip so I don't know how the add on works. But I have stayed at the DLP Hotel on 8 different occasions. We have stayed on the Castle Club level 3 times. You check in upstairs on the level, not down at the regular check in. The concierge lounge where you get your breakfast, and afternoon snacks looks down main street. There is also a separate elevator that lets you off right at the entrance gates. It has been a few years since we have been there, but the way the VIP fast passes worked that we received were different than the regular fast passes. You didn't give them up, they were reusable. Only for rides that accepted fast pass, but you could use them over and over again.

Hi there is a Disneyland Paris forum page further down on the DIS :wave: is you have any questions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter