Disneyland/DisneySea and Fastpass Questions

Rai's Mommy

Mouseketeer
Hello! We will be taking a trip to Tokyo mid-July for my brother's wedding and plan to spend 3 days at Disney. The first challenge will be that we have to break up our days at Disney and it is my understanding that, unlike Florida's Disney World that allows a gap between visits on the same multi-day ticket, you need to use your multi-day tickets on consecutive days. Because of this I plan to purchase a single day ticket for our first week and a two day ticket for our second week. This leads me to my first question: which park would you suggest that I plan to spend 2 days at Disneyland or DisneySea? My second question is about fastpasses: how many can you have at one time? Do you need to wait until you are outside the return time for your first fastpass to obtain your second?

Thanks a million for any help!

Hey there Rai's Mommy. I would recommend visiting Tokyo Disneysea for 2 days. Disneysea is exclusive to Tokyo and it is a really pretty Theme Park.

When it comes to Fastpasses, you are allowed to take one Fastpass at a time and will only be allowed to take another either after your initial one expires or 2 hours after you took the initial one, whichever comes first.

Hope this helps

Hayatt Shah
http://konnichiwamickey.wordpress.com/

Hello! We will be taking a trip to Tokyo mid-July for my brother's wedding and plan to spend 3 days at Disney. The first challenge will be that we have to break up our days at Disney and it is my understanding that, unlike Florida's Disney World that allows a gap between visits on the same multi-day ticket, you need to use your multi-day tickets on consecutive days. Because of this I plan to purchase a single day ticket for our first week and a two day ticket for our second week. This leads me to my first question: which park would you suggest that I plan to spend 2 days at Disneyland or DisneySea? My second question is about fastpasses: how many can you have at one time? Do you need to wait until you are outside the return time for your first fastpass to obtain your second?

Thanks a million for any help!

When you get your FP it will tell you when your next one will be available. Be mindful of the window you have to return to the attraction. They are very strict about the windows and will not honour them even if you are 5 minutes late.

Thank you both for the info and feedback! It was looking like we would probably be spending 2 of the days at Disneysea and I feel much better now knowing that this is a good choice in your opinion. I am addicted to park hopping at Disney World in Orlando, hardly ever sticking to just one park per day, so being locked in to a certain park is a stressful concept for me.

I appreciate the fastpass explanation. I couldn't find this info anywhere that I had looked. Hoping to see as much as possible during the super busy mid-July season - I will definitely be running for those fastpasses :cool1:

Thank you both for the info and feedback! It was looking like we would probably be spending 2 of the days at Disneysea and I feel much better now knowing that this is a good choice in your opinion. I am addicted to park hopping at Disney World in Orlando, hardly ever sticking to just one park per day, so being locked in to a certain park is a stressful concept for me.

I appreciate the fastpass explanation. I couldn't find this info anywhere that I had looked. Hoping to see as much as possible during the super busy mid-July season - I will definitely be running for those fastpasses :cool1:

Run Rai's Mommy, run!!!

The information about the FastPass return times, to my knowledge, is only on the Japanese website. For whatever reason.

2 Days will be perfect for DisneySea. You won't feel rushed if you tried to do everything in one day. There is just so much to see and do at DisneySea that you won't find yourself repeating much of the same thing over the course of two days.

Have fun!!

Sometimes the Fastpass machines throw out bonus's in Tokyo for example I got a free go on the shooting arcade with my Monsters Inc FP.

We did a trip to the Tokyo Disney Resort last November (trip report link is here) and LOVED it - I'd say 2 days at Tokyo Disney Sea would be more productive, as it's the nicer and more unique of the two parks, however it does have fewer attractions than Tokyo Disneyland - so it depends which way you want to go.

RE Fastpasses, you can only hold 1 at a time and be aware the Japanese REALLY know how to use the Fastpasses and on busy days most popular rides will have sold out of Fastpasses by early afternoon. We stayed on property at the resort so our experience was a little different, but my advice would be to get to the park 1 hour before opening (which is usually quiet doable as they normally don't open until anywhere between 8am - 9am), the run to grab your first fastpass ... we found we could usually get a new fastpass every 1 - 2 hours and we were meticulous in making sure we grabbed a new FP whenever we were allowed. I believe that i've noted some times we were able to grab each Fastpass in my trip report though I can't remember now!

Additionally - if you are worried about the crowd levels when you visit have a read of my pre-trip report here - It has a link and explanation to a Tokyo Disney Resort crowd calendar that will give you an idea of what you'll be facing crowd wise on your days of visit. This link also has some touring plans we used which were very effective and may help you :)

Hope this is helpful.

Hi! We just got back from Tokyo Disney Yesterday and had an amazing time despite the crowds! I just want to chime in on trying to use the FP after they have expired. We were 2 minutes late to our Space Mountain FP time. They would not let us through. I speak a little Japanese and tried to explain that my son had hurt his ankle and was walking slow. She still said no but by that time we created a bit of a line and was surrouned by guest. She finally let us in probably just to get us out of the way. This was the 1st time I had ever seen any of the CMs mad. We felt really bad and didn't want to be one of "those" tourist. The cast memebers are some of the most friendliest and helpful CMs I have ever meet. Even with the language difference. They never just stand there. They will be standing with a smile and waving. I really felt bad upsetting the CM. We learned our lesson for the rest of our trip we were on time to everything!
We did notice that the crowds became lighter towards the end of the night especially in DL after the electric parade. We were able to ride all of the Fantasy Land ride with 5-30 min waits. Pooh's Honey Hunt line was still very long. The line for Toy Story Mania in Disney Sea was alway 2-3 hrs long. FP were out by 10:30am. We checked it out at the end of the night and made it 3 minutes before the parked closed. We were the last to be eaten by Woody that night. The line said it was going to be 40min but it was more like 20. Disney Sea lines didn't seem to be as long as DL lines.
Don't forget to try all the popcorn flavors. Strawberry was our favorite! We bought a cute refillable alien bucket but for some of the stranger sounding popcorn we just bought the small box just incase we didn't like it. Most of the time we loved the flavors. Chilled Tipo Tortas are yummu too! We only had 2 days there. I wish we had 1 more. Have Fun!

When you get your FP it will tell you when your next one will be available. Be mindful of the window you have to return to the attraction. They are very strict about the windows and will not honour them even if you are 5 minutes late.
Has the FP system changed since 2014 - am hoping it will be like the one in place now at DW!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter