Disneyland 2019 - the 4th 5th bday celebration: PTR

I'm glad you made it! First I read it that you put the baby to bed and then they woke up at 2 am. Haha, I'm glad you got some extra sleep though!

Well I got up for real at 5am and it still wasn’t enough time for me to get everyone to Plaza Inn by 8:30. We were 20 minutes late! But they accommodated is marvelously - a table was ready before we even finished pictures with Minnie.

And we all had big ambitions for late night - and then gave up after our 8:50 RSR fp turned into a multi experience because of rain. We ended up just going GOTG ( kids loved it, and I still cannot handle it even with the retheme - droppy rides just do me in and I struggle to keep my eyes open, and even the 5 yr old loved it while I was freaking out). Then we ditched all our 10-11 FP I’d painstakingly stacked in DL and went home

Everyone had fun despite the rain, and I’m glad we didn’t try to push on. Rest day is exactly what I needed!

This is what I love about going with the flow at DLR -- because you can! Like we say around here: make your plans, have a back up plan, then let go and let the magic happen. That's how to have a fun DLR trip! Glad you all are having a good time and that the rain hasn't been a huge problem.

Best pixie dust from day one: while the uncles took the bigs on BTMRR standby, and DH watched a sleeping DD1 in stroller, I got 1:1 time with DD5. We did Alice with a long wait (about 20 ppl past the time marker, and got to chat and look at all the detail in queue. She enjoyed the ride, and then DH and I were trying to decide what to do next when I realized Mad Tea Party had nearly no line. Before DH could blink, I grabbed DD5 and slid into line with a 5 minute or less wait. Right after we queued about 75 people got in behind us. Just then the parade started to pass by - DD5 was over the moon when Ariel waved and blew a kiss right to her!

Lots of minor annoyances happened during the day, and a couple of meltdowns from the littles, but magic like seeing the parade from a spinning tea cup makes all the rest fade away.

So glad some great things are happening for you! :) I'm so excited for the parade, even if just my two littles want to watch it with me!

We are back on the road home and I’ll do a proper write up later this week but wow. Some frustrating and disappointing moments but also a lot of pixie dust. We over spent, especially on food - we kept forgetting our leftovers in bags on the stroller or table and had to throw out so much I wanted to cry. I haven’t dared look at the final total yet, but I’m pretty sure I exceeded souvenir budget by 15%. We were on track with meals but pretty sure the number of snacks was higher. I did actually remember to use my gift cards this time though! And DH reaffirmed it was ‘worth it’ for the bigger ticket items, which always makes me feel better.

The parks felt more crowded to me this trip, especially Wednesday. I expected it to be busy the other days, but I’d really thought Wednesday would be more open. I completely failed at getting people up early, which probably contributed to the sense of crowding. After a horribly stressful first morning I didn’t put as much effort into it, but every single morning involved me ending up yelling at at least one person to just for the love of god get ready! Shoes, jackets, flip flops, diaper bag, etc etc. and I can now say for sure that while I enjoy late night at the park, I prefer early morning.

Trip ended on a good note - fantasmic was a huge hit with everyone, and we got fireworks with MMM. Plus I managed to ride Peter Pan! And now to sleep so I can drive tonight....

We are back on the road home and I’ll do a proper write up later this week but wow. Some frustrating and disappointing moments but also a lot of pixie dust. We over spent, especially on food - we kept forgetting our leftovers in bags on the stroller or table and had to throw out so much I wanted to cry. I haven’t dared look at the final total yet, but I’m pretty sure I exceeded souvenir budget by 15%. We were on track with meals but pretty sure the number of snacks was higher. I did actually remember to use my gift cards this time though! And DH reaffirmed it was ‘worth it’ for the bigger ticket items, which always makes me feel better.

The parks felt more crowded to me this trip, especially Wednesday. I expected it to be busy the other days, but I’d really thought Wednesday would be more open. I completely failed at getting people up early, which probably contributed to the sense of crowding. After a horribly stressful first morning I didn’t put as much effort into it, but every single morning involved me ending up yelling at at least one person to just for the love of god get ready! Shoes, jackets, flip flops, diaper bag, etc etc. and I can now say for sure that while I enjoy late night at the park, I prefer early morning.

Trip ended on a good note - fantasmic was a huge hit with everyone, and we got fireworks with MMM. Plus I managed to ride Peter Pan! And now to sleep so I can drive tonight....
Looking forward to your full trip report. I know a few people who were down there from AZ since they had spring break and they also felt like crowds were crazy.

Glad to hear your trip had a good ending and that you got your ride on PP! Now get home safely and try to get caught up on some sleep while we all wait for your trip report! :)

Yay! I'm so glad you had a good trip. I look forward to the trip report and I would love to know how you decided to bind the journals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!