Disney Wonder One Bedroom Concierge Suite in Alaska

LadyAndTheTrampLover

Earning My Ears
We are thinking of taking an Alaska cruise in 2022. I am considering booking a one bedroom concierge suite. Can anyone share some differences between the various suite numbers in this category? Which suites are highly recommended and why?

On another note, what activities and excisions would be highly recommended with an 11 year old girl?

Also, does anyone know approximately when Disney will release its Alaska cruise itineraries for 2022?

Some of the One Bedroom suites on the classic ships (Magic and Wonder) have a Murphy bed in the bedroom, while others have the Murphy bed in the living room (midship).

When the Murphy bed is in the bedroom, do you know where it is and whether that layout is comfortable for two adults and a child sleeping in the bedroom? Or would it be better to get the Murphy bed in the living area?

The midship one bedroom suites like 8534 are amazing! Their balcony is "triple wide" compared to the regular one bedroom suites which are double wide compared to a typical veranda. There are 4 of them. We loved the extra long verandah.

This sounds great. Do you happen to know the suite numbers for the mid ship 1 bedrooms?

@JWelch62 I hope I can reserve one of them for 2022. Do you have any idea when Disney releases those sailings for booking?
It depends when you are sailing. DCL releases cruises in Summer, Fall, and Winter blocks. The summer cruises (May - September) are typically released around the beginning of March or the end of February. The fall cruises (September - December) are released around early May. The Winter cruises (January - May) are released in the September/October timeframe. They are announced a few days before the Platinum booking window opens. The announcement has been typically made before the weekend, and the Platinum window opens the following Monday.

I recommend looking at the Disney Cruise Line Blog run by Scott Sanders for previous examples of itinerary releases. You can search for "itineraries" and find them. You can also look for pricing threads here.

It depends when you are sailing. DCL releases cruises in Summer, Fall, and Winter blocks. The summer cruises (May - September) are typically released around the beginning of March or the end of February. The fall cruises (September - December) are released around early May. The Winter cruises (January - May) are released in the September/October timeframe. They are announced a few days before the Platinum booking window opens. The announcement has been typically made before the weekend, and the Platinum window opens the following Monday.

I recommend looking at the Disney Cruise Line Blog run by Scott Sanders for previous examples of itinerary releases. You can search for "itineraries" and find them. You can also look for pricing threads here.

Is there a Disney Cruise email list to get notified of when the release is announced?

There are a lot of posts about Alaskan excursions. You might consider green jeep tours in Skagway. There are plenty of hiking, glacier, helicopter, dog sleds, etc to fit anyones interests.

We sailed in a midship 1 bedroom for our Alaska cruise. We used the sofa pullout bed in the living room for the kids at night. The balcony stretched between the living room and the bedroom and was great for viewing the scenery. We also took advantage of the in-room breakfast on a few of the sea days, since we had a dining table.

How was noise level on the middle 2a rooms. Especially room 8032. I'm debating about that room versus 8546. I previously stayed in 8548 and I was miserable in that room with all the noise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!