Disney Wonder Deck 2 Aft or Forward

Deck 2 being low enclosed and close to the sea can be subjected to vibration in the water, currents and engines.

Midship would be better, of the choice forward and aft have little difference but forward does break the waves and is under the theatre.

Many posters here like it, but you have to be honest .

If sailing Alaska the Wonder shouldn't be subject to bad seas, Pacific cruises will have more active seas.

DCL experts, which would you choose? Why? TIA!
Just my experience - if my choices were aft or forward only, I'd go with aft. We typically take the furthest forward aft room we can get. But have been forward a number of times.

Forward does "bounce" a bit more if the seas are rough. And crossing from, say, Vancouver into the Inside Passage can be rough at times. BTDT.

In the aft you do have the thrusters, but they typically are only in use when porting, and, most of the time, you're going to be up and about at that time anyway.

We liked deck 2 on our first cruise (Wonder Alaska) so much that we're booked in the same area for our second upcoming cruise on the Magic. We have done aft in the 9C category both times, first in room 2116 at the aft elevators and second will be more midship in room 2108. I could feel some slight vibrations in room 2116--enough to know that I don't want to be further aft than room 2118 or so--the vibrations get stronger the further back and closer to the engines you get. (I really felt vibrations the first night in Parrot Cay (which is now Tiana's Place.)) So...if you can get an aft room between the aft elevators towards the midship area--I think that is the best area for 'aft'. I have no experience with forward...but would probably go with the same criteria as I do for aft--trying to get between the forward elevators and midship. Forward can have the up/down rolling motion more. (We definitely noticed that in the Walt Disney Theater one day! It made the 2D Pete's Dragon feel like a 3D movie!)

We loved being by the aft elevators on deck 2--quick walking up the stairs to decks 3 and 4 for MDR, walking the promenade, etc. Easy accesss to the elevator to take you to deck 9 to the beverage station, and the buffet area. Laundry on deck 2 is across from Room 2096. Also, no noise issues in the area of 2116--heard nothing from above us, no elevator noise, only heard people talking as they walked down the hallways.

AFT vibrations are awful on The Wonder, we were in room 7620 and shook the whole time. Stay forward.
I haven't stayed aft on the Wonder, but in my 24 days on her I never remember having awful vibrations in the aft areas of the ship. I don't recall feeling them in the MDRs, Cabanas or other areas. It could be that some are much more sensitive than others. I wouldn't worry about it. (I have heard many reports of these vibrations on the Fantasy.)

I haven't stayed aft on the Wonder, but in my 24 days on her I never remember having awful vibrations in the aft areas of the ship. I don't recall feeling them in the MDRs, Cabanas or other areas. It could be that some are much more sensitive than others. I wouldn't worry about it. (I have heard many reports of these vibrations on the Fantasy.)

We noticed it in AP and Tianas on our most recent Wonder cruise in April. It did not detract from our experience but there was definitely vibrations, particularly when leaving port. The water glasses and tables both vibrated.

We love deck two forward. Far forward. DH and DD have both experienced seasickness in the past at midship, but when we’ve stayed forward on deck two, even in extremely rocky seas (where literally you can’t walk down the hall without seeing someone get sick - that was how days 1 & 2 were on our last trip), neither felt the sway.

I'm a midship gal myself. Deck 2 mid is our preferred location. If choosing aft or mid, I would probably go aft just for convenience sake. Read some reviews of the specific rooms so you can make sure you get one that's not above or below anything too noisy.

We were in cabin 2592 on the Wonder this past March. Every single night we had horrible vibrations and loud noises from 11pm until 2am. It sounded like they were doing some kind of metal cutting/grinding work, also like bowling balls being dropped on our ceiling. We had stayed in this same area 2 yrs before and never heard these noises. I don't know what caused the sounds, but they started and stopped at the same time every night. Never happened any other times. You wouldn't think they would do repair work during the middle of the night, but that's what it sounded like.

We were in cabin 2592 on the Wonder this past March. Every single night we had horrible vibrations and loud noises from 11pm until 2am. It sounded like they were doing some kind of metal cutting/grinding work, also like bowling balls being dropped on our ceiling. We had stayed in this same area 2 yrs before and never heard these noises. I don't know what caused the sounds, but they started and stopped at the same time every night. Never happened any other times. You wouldn't think they would do repair work during the middle of the night, but that's what it sounded like.
It's quite possible. Above that room is the common kitchen for Triton's/Tiana's. There could have been some repairs going on there. And at that time of night they wouldn't be using the kitchen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter