Disney Visa vs Disney Debit

One other small perk of the Disney Visas are the exclusive meet-n-greets for cardholders. At Disneyland, the meet is at the Launch Bay with Darth Vader and in California Adventure it's back in the Hollywood lot often with Stitch. I'm not sure if these are offered at WDW. Here's a good link with all the benefits: https://disneyrewards.com/vacation-perks/

I forgot to mention that now my dad has a referral code. Which is crazy cuz it took a few years before I even got a referral code to send out.
You can generate a referral code here: https://www.chase.com/referafriend/catch-all
Also, if you have had the card for more than 2 years, then you can cancel it and sign up for a new one to get the bonus again! You can also hold the annual fee card and the no fee card at the same time.

You can generate a referral code here: https://www.chase.com/referafriend/catch-all
Also, if you have had the card for more than 2 years, then you can cancel it and sign up for a new one to get the bonus again! You can also hold the annual fee card and the no fee card at the same time.

Neat, I did not know that at all (about generating the code). I knew about the cancelling cuz dad had this card about 5 years ago and Chase closed it a few years ago for non-use, lol. All he did was use it to get the bonus and then stopped.

As with any credit card, whether or not the Disney Premier Visa is "worth it" really depends on your lifestyle and spending habits. As far as perks go, there are certainly better options with other travel cards - Southwest, Capital One, etc. Depending on how often you travel to Disney, I'd suggest that perhaps a different travel card might be a better option - it might be a better savings to be earning airline points, hotel points, etc. rather than Disney dollars.

I've been a Premier card holder since 2012 (I think at the time they only had Premier - no debit and no other type of credit). Also, it's been awhile, but I recall that back when I signed up, the first year $49 fee was waived - I haven't looked into the latest sign-up benefits, so I have no idea if this is still applicable. At the time it worked well for my family's Disney travel habits because we would visit Disney World several times a year and book a Disney hotel through the Disney website (if you're booking through Travelocity/Expedia/etc. I don't think you still get the double points).... that's a good bit of Disney dollars right there. Also, we never booked the dining package, so it was nice to have the discount on food. I think they've since cut back on which restaurants get the Disney Visa discount... my dated information serves only to prove the point that it may well work for some "Disney styles".....

But if rather than booking a Disney resort through Disney, you typically stay off-site or rent DVC points... you don't have that automatic double point from a significant cost of your vacation. So it would be better to book that with a different travel card that automatically rewards you double (or more) points for any sort of vacation cost.

However this is the Disneyland board, so maybe you're an AP holder who visits regularly - in which case you'd be accumulating double points for food and merchandise purchases.... and more if you put your AP on your Disney card.

I have found most of the credit cards rewards programs too confusing and restrictive. I just use one of the credit cards that gives you 2% cash back on all purchases. I like easy. I use the one from Fidelity that deposits 2% of my monthly credit card charges into my Fidelity Checking account.

Honestly I’m really only thinking of getting it to use on my upcoming trip and getting the statement credit. After that I probably won’t use it. We only go to DL about once a year but are taking a break after this next trip for all the Galaxy’s Edge stuff to calm down!

Honestly I’m really only thinking of getting it to use on my upcoming trip and getting the statement credit. After that I probably won’t use it. We only go to DL about once a year but are taking a break after this next trip for all the Galaxy’s Edge stuff to calm down!

If you do plan on returning to DLR, even if it will be after a year long break, don't give up on the Disney Rewards Visa. The rewards points can be converted to Disney gift cards so that you don't have to worry about the points expiring. Disney gift cards don't expire in CA, so they can be saved up for your next trip. You can use the gift cards for tickets, on site hotels, souvenirs, TS meals, etc. Even if you just use the card for gas and pay it off each month, you could accumulate a nice bundle of gift cards by the time of your next DLR trip.

Is it 2% towards any Disney purchase like hotel rooms, theme park tickets ect? Even as someone who goes almost exclusively on Disney vacations, it seems like it would make more sense to use it towards hotel or airline points, other than the initial signup bonus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter