Disney Visa or other Rewards Card?

larry_poppins

DIS Veteran
Hi Gang,
I was wondering what reward credit cards we gay/lesbian disney fans use.
Do you use a Disney Visa or an airline card? My favorite card is Hilton HHonors American Express. I got 6 free nights at Tokyo Disney Hilton with my points from that card. I do have a Disney Visa but I don't use it much.
In the past I have had a United Visa and an American AIrline one.

What is in your wallet?

Larry Poppins

Hi Larry

I never find the rewards that much of a deal in the Disney Visa Card, so I rarely use it either.

I use more often my DELTA AMERICAN EXPRESS CARD.
I am thinking of switching that card to a more traditional American Express Card or other, because the Frequent Flyer Program is as crazy as that David Spade Commercial "What is in your wallet".

I really used to like the American Express Card being the Card of Disneyworld.
It had some very good perks.

Does anyone have a better Credit Card Frequent Flyer Programs that work really well, without the bait and switch concept of DOUBLE POINTS for any choice tease that some cards do ?

My niece (Lesbian) wants me to switch to a credit card that is Gay/Lesbian Friendly, I forgot the credit card company.
It has a rainbow on it.

PHILCT said:
My niece (Lesbian) wants me to switch to a credit card that is Gay/Lesbian Friendly, I forgot the credit card company.
It has a rainbow on it.

It is called the Rainbow Card and is involved in a lawsuit with Martina Navrátilová over breach of contract.

/carmi

I don't use any, though I have applied for the Disney Visa, only to be rejected, because of the bad credit that I am still working on repairing due to my misspent youth. ;)

Because of my location, i primarily use my alaska airlines visa. I agree with Phil that overall the disney visa rewards are OK (not great), but i'm more interested in racking up miles (now that alaska flies to both homes of the Mouse). Two years ago i accidently became mvp and now i do anything i can to keep it. disney vacation packages, etc. will always be charged on the disney visa.

I have the Disney Visa. I just got it a couple months ago, mainly because I got an offer in the mail giving me bonus Reward Dollars for signing up. My partner and I are going to WDW next month, so I figured why not get a bit of "free" money to use on our trip. :)

I use the didney vise card for LARGE purchases that I know we'll pay off right away like heating opil for the winter - last year we paid for our deck with it LOL. I won't carry a balance on it because of the rate. So I use the points for when we go on vacation to WDW.

Otherwise we have an american express card with points that we can transfer to almost any airline or buy stuff with. I used 35,000 points last year to get the Bose Quiet 2 headset. I fly a lot and the noise reducttion is great!

I also earn points on my corp amex. I pay an annual fee on this one though - but then again it's worth it especially at a conference.

I do use my Disney Visa and my Starwood Amex... I set myself up so that I pay for absolutely EVERYTHING I can with my Disney Visa... then I pay the entire bill up every month. This way I get points were I will use them the most... disney! I buy my groceries, my gas, pizza.. pay all my bills that will take credit cards, etc.... this way I rack up a nice amount of points and I use them once a year on one of my trips. My Amex I don't use as much anymore.. but I do have points on there that I have accumulated and am using some of on my August trip towards 2 free nights at a starwood hotel...Other than that I have eliminated all my credit cards... don't use them anymore.. just that Disney Visa...

Kathy

We currently don't have any cards that have "rewards". Somebody (might have been CitiBank) called to talk to me about an American Airlines one, but the annual fee was $50 and the APR was 17%! Um, no thanks!

DH and I are thinking of applying for Disney Visas (separately, so if we both get approved we both get the $50 gift card) but I haven't done it yet.

I haven't been on the HRC site lately but there might be a link to a GLBT friendly card. At least you can check the scores of the different card-issuing banks to see how they rate as an employer.

I have a morbid fear of debit. Really, I'm not kidding. Bills really upset me. My preference is to use a debit card.

Now having said that, I do recognize that I live in the 21st Century, and have several cards.

The one I use is the Disney card, for business travel, etc. I seem to rack up quite a bit of rewards, that come in extremely handy for our little WDW jaunts.

I have created a rather bizarre little method of dealing with my loathing of bills while making good use of the card.

So, far, I'm really pleased with the amount of mad money we have for our next trip.

Could I ask anyone who has the Disney Visa , what kind of online system do they have? I mean when I pay my AMEX bill online they credit my account then and there if I pay my visa card online they don't credit my account for 4 days and only update my account online once a month ( I hate this ) anyways just wondering if it would be easy to use the online site for the Disney Visa? Thanks for your help :teeth:

:goodvibes

The Disney VIsa is owned by Chase now.. and their website is very user friendly. The payments are credited the same day if made by a certain time, or the next day if after the cutoff time. I pay all my bills online.. The only check I ever write is for my rent. I hated the Disney Visa website when it was owned by Bank One... it was awful.. you could never sign on.. it took forever to load up the page once it did recognize your password... and it would constantly freeze up or be down for service.. DUH! So.. when Chase took it over they made huge improvements. You can view your reward balances, transfer them.. see special offers for cardholders...and view and pay your statements... along with many other features... Overall I am quite happy with the card now.

Kathy

I second Kathy's comments. My experience has been payments are transferred next day. Personally I like the fact that they have info about current offers, promotions, etc. because I get those little inserts in the bill and immediately lose them. so nice to have an online place to see what's currently offered.

#1 GM card 5 cents of every dollar spent towards my next car. this is my seventh year and closing in on the max of $3500 rebate for my next GM car. #2 USAirways MC - charge $25,000 and 10,000 of the points counts towards ff preferred status. #3 Disney Visa - do you know you can get a free pic with Mickey and friends at Epcot by showing your Disney Visa? Got a great pic when I was there in Mar. Never carry a balance......

See ya....Mark

Thanks for letting me know about the visa I think after I close I'll order my card and start spending :goodvibes

The thing to remember with disney visa is to get your rewards card ordered a few weeks before your trip, it takes some time to come so make sure you dont forget!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter