Disney Visa discount dates

Got my shiny new Disney Visa card a week ago. Read for those May rates! Come on Disney!

Happy I found this thread! Just saved an additional $108 for Coronado Springs! Paying $165 a night now in March!! Thanks for sharing everyone! pixiedust:

Any news on a May 2019 promo yet?
Mousesavers has a list of historical maximum discounts, the dates that they apply and the dates that the discount was valid:

https://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/#codetrends

There normally isn't a Visa room discount outside of the January - April time frame, but there are usually General Public discounts, AP discounts, and FL Resident discounts. Expect these discounts to start coming out in late December/early January.

Can I get the Disney visa discount on an existing reservation if I’ve only paid part of the deposit with my visa? Is it worth calling?

Can I get the Disney visa discount on an existing reservation if I’ve only paid part of the deposit with my visa? Is it worth calling?

Is your current reservation showing as available with the Disney visa offer? The resort, room type & length of stay would have to be available to get the discount. Just having a room already booked during the offer dates & paying with the visa won’t get you the discount. The offer has limited availability, just as all Disney offers do.

If it is, sure, I’d call & see if they can apply the discount. If they say no, you can probably cancel that reservation & rebook. Just be aware that you would need a new deposit that way. And possibly increase your ticket costs if those were included in your current reservation.

Is your current reservation showing as available with the Disney visa offer? The resort, room type & length of stay would have to be available to get the discount. Just having a room already booked during the offer dates & paying with the visa won’t get you the discount. The offer has limited availability, just as all Disney offers do.

If it is, sure, I’d call & see if they can apply the discount. If they say no, you can probably cancel that reservation & rebook. Just be aware that you would need a new deposit that way. And possibly increase your ticket costs if those were included in your current reservation.
Thanks I did just call and the discount was applied ! Saved me $280!!

Booked a four night stay at Coronado in April for $153/night! I booked it on 10/15, the day before the pricing structure changed (trying to get one more in under the wire, lol). Definitely a nice discount.

Mousesavers has a list of historical maximum discounts, the dates that they apply and the dates that the discount was valid:

https://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/#codetrends

There normally isn't a Visa room discount outside of the January - April time frame, but there are usually General Public discounts, AP discounts, and FL Resident discounts. Expect these discounts to start coming out in late December/early January.
Yup. Spending a truly horrific amount on my Deluxe Club Level room at BWI for May, but I have to have it. For reasons. That's Disney logic- if you spend a little more, you can makea great thing EVEN MORE AWESOME!:lmao:

Really hoping for some kind of discount to come through.:scared:

Never mind! Problem solved - I managed to get the AP rate for AoA for $153:average which is perfectly fine for us!

****original message****

So - I totally missed the memo that these rates were open! And now there are no value rooms left for my stay!

Do they ever open up additional rooms? I will keep checking the next few days...

This is just a quick 2 night pre/cruise stay but I want to use our Disney reward dollars so need to book thru Disney...we are AP as well...4/11-4/13..

Last edited:
I am always amazed when others comment about getting an e-mail about resort discounts. We have had our Disney Visa for years and years and have never received an e-mail about resort discounts. I would totally miss them if it wasn't for the Dis.

Same here, we have never gotten an email about a discount. We have had the card for several years ‍♀️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter