• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Villains

disneylover103

Earning My Ears
So, today I was thinking about Disney world and a thought crossed my mind. At Disney parks your kids can meet the villains, but what is the explanation for that. I mean think of all the Disney villains that have died. (Gaston fell off the castle, Ursula was stabbed by the boat, etc.) Disney almost always has an explanation for stuff like that. Has anybody asked the villains why they are alive. :confused3

While a very interesting point, that can be an awkward conversation to have:

"So Gaston, how did you survive the fall for beast's castle?"

One thing that always perplexed me was; why is Beast still in beast form?! Wasn't the spell broken?!

I think the idea for all of this is that when you go to Disney World to meet the Disney characters, you are going back in time and you are going into a world of magic. In some ways the fact that not all of this is explained makes it more interesting and more magical.

Well, if you ask Repunzel why she has blonde hair, she says she had a magic tear left and now she has blonde hair that she can cut without it turning brown.

I got into a little friendly banter with Gaston while he was flirting with my wife on our last trip. As we were leaving I very sarcastically said "Try not to fall off of any castles" to which he replied "I didn't fall, I jumped!"

So, today I was thinking about Disney world and a thought crossed my mind. At Disney parks your kids can meet the villains, but what is the explanation for that. I mean think of all the Disney villains that have died. (Gaston fell off the castle, Ursula was stabbed by the boat, etc.) Disney almost always has an explanation for stuff like that. Has anybody asked the villains why they are alive. :confused3

Believe it or not I actually did on my second Disney World trip. It was Gaston I got the pleasure of meeting (he was a boorish - so naturally the cast member was excellent!) and I worded it something like this:

"So...yeah...didn't you fall off a castle and die?"

And he responded "No one defies death like Gaston!"

And I laughed so hard I know I appeared insane but it was so witty and he spoke instantly like he had been waiting so long (or he's been asked before) just say that! It was one of my favorite moments at WDW :rotfl2:

Believe it or not I actually did on my second Disney World trip. It was Gaston I got the pleasure of meeting (he was a boorish - so naturally the cast member was excellent!) and I worded it something like this:

"So...yeah...didn't you fall off a castle and die?"

And he responded "No one defies death like Gaston!"

And I laughed so hard I know I appeared insane but it was so witty and he spoke instantly like he had been waiting so long (or he's been asked before) just say that! It was one of my favorite moments at WDW :rotfl2:

That's genius!! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter