Disney tattoo policy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not weighing in whether a tattoo shop should or should not be on property, but have to agree with @rteetz I think it's highly unlikely, at least for the forseeable future. Just like I find it highly unlikely they'll start selling chewing gum on property anytime soon (although I am VERY sure that would cause much LESS of a debate!).

Then again - we ALL have to remember - not that long ago - wen I (and may I use the literary "we"?) all thought it pretty unlikely alcohol would ever be sold in the Magic Kingdom? Or that facial hair would be allowed for some CM's?

Just food for thought.......like David Letterman used to say "Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm" :rolleyes1

Last edited:
My wife has a Disney tattoo that is hidden. Personally I think that visible tattoos aren't the most attractive, especially at Disney. I do get the character that Disney tries to promote with its clean workforce. I also think if they started allowing tattoos, they would censor some and not others which could get sticky. So for the sake of not having to spend time dealing with appeals of what is appropriate or not, I think Disney will just keep it the way it is.

You also have to remember that if they had a tattoo shop open they would have to make sure the artists were good. Shop or no, there are bad and good tattoo artist. So they'd need a shop and artists that are good at (probably) many different types of tattoos who (presumably) would be OK tattooing mostly Disney related art day in day out.

You also have to remember that if they had a tattoo shop open they would have to make sure the artists were good. Shop or no, there are bad and good tattoo artist. So they'd need a shop and artists that are good at (probably) many different types of tattoos who (presumably) would be OK tattooing mostly Disney related art day in day out.

There are LOADS of artists who specialize in Disney tattoos, I'm sure they would not have a problem attracting people to work there. You're right though, they'd have to get a variety of styles from various artists.

Speaking of Disney tattoos, my brother and I have matching ones. :)

2v0zm91.png

Not weighing in whether a tattoo shop should or should not be on property, but have to agree with @rteetz I think it's highly unlikely, at least for the forseeable future. Just like I find it highly unlikely they'll start selling chewing gum on property anytime soon (although I am VERY sure that would cause much LESS of a debate!).

I was thinking the same before I read your comment. The reason they don't sell gum in the park is because they don't want people sticking it on attractions, the ground, and stores. When I was working at the Seven Dwarfs Mine (merch location) you would be surprised how many people asked me if we sold gum in the park. I guess there are ways to discourage gum chewing in the park without having to ban it all together. I do think that if Disney did sell gum you would find it all over Disney World. It would make more work for janitors.

As for the tattoo shop I think this may be something that Disney would not do. Cast members aren't allowed to have tattoos showing or piercings besides in the ears. Disney has a strict "look book" that tells you what you can wear and what not to wear. One of the girls that worked with me had a tongue ring and she hd to take it out before work.

Yes, @Alicenwonderment - Back in the days when my teeth allowed me to still chew gum (MISS it!) :), I would make sure to bring more than enough with me during a trip, since I don't drive, and tend to "stay in the bubble" while there!! It's also a "pro tip" I give to others going to the World.....but only ones I know WON'T stick it somewhere it don't belong! (that sounded knda weird) :crazy2: :laughing:

Interesting conversation.

Our family went to WDW for the first time over NYE. Until just now, it didn't even occur to me that they didn't sell gum on property. Lol Maybe because I had a HUGE pack of it for our flight down. I would just pop a piece in before we left the resort. Good to know for the future.

Also, I don't remember Letterman saying "Things that make you go Hmmmm..." (and i am a pretty big fan). That was an Arsenio Hall bit though.

Last edited:
Interesting conversation.

Our family went to WDW FOR the first time over NYE. Until just now, it didn't even occur to me that they didn't seem gum on property. Lol Maybe because I had a HUGE pack of it for our flight down. I would just pop a piece in before we left the resort. Good to know for the future.

Also, I don't remember Letterman saying "Things that make you go Hmmmm..." (and i am a pretry big fan). That was an Arsenio Hall bit though.
Hmmmmmmm @piscesmama - Since I also used to watch (and love) Arsenio, you could VERY well be right, and thank you for the correction!! Memory ain't it used to be, just like my teeth ain't! :) Yep - a lot of peeps don't know about the gum, that's why it's one of my pro tips. Hope you had a magical visit! :)

Last edited:
Hmmmmmmm @piscesmama - Since I also used to watch (and love) Arsenio, you could VERY well be right, and thank you for the correction!! Memory ain't it used to be, just like my teeth ain't! :) Yep - a lot of peeps don't know about the gum, that's why it's one of my pro tips. Hope you had a magical visit! :)
We sureit did. DD11 is chomping at the bit to get started planning our next visit. Lol Don't tell her this, but so am i. Lol

We sureit did. DD11 is chomping at the bit to get started planning our next visit. Lol Don't tell her this, but so am i. Lol
Aaaaaah - they gotcha! Seen it happen - SO many times (to me too - my first trip to the Magic Kingdom was supposed to be a "one and done"family trip in Feb. of '92 - probably been 30 times since then!, WITHOUT family, ever again!! :rotfl:

I would love a tattoo parlor in Disney Springs! They have one at City Walk I believe.

I wish Disney lightened up just a little on tattoos for their cast members. Its 2018 and its sad that Disney still thinks of it as taboo :(

Yea, they could locate it right next to the check cashing store, pawnshop, vapes store, maybe even a Family Dollar store, 24 hour package liquor, the possibilities are endless.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter