Disney Springs surface lots during Disney Dreams that Soar

mpb2000

Mouseketeer
With Disney Dreams that Soar going on, what is the status of the surface lots at Disney Springs (watermelon and strawberry)? I want to park, see the show, and leave, so parking in the strawberry lot seems ideal, but I don’t know where the drones are staged or if the lot is available right now. Watermelon would be the next best option, I assume.

I know someone who has worked at what I "think" is the strawberry lot for some of the evenings of the drone show. From my impression of what they said, you can see the show but it's from the side so it looks different - and I don't know about hearing the music. I told them I was thinking about trying to view the show from one of the lots or garages and they were like nope don't do it.

I was staying on property with access to Disney busses as well so I ended up doing that. I use an ECV so I thought it would be a hassle to get down there and back on the bus with it in the crowds and staying with the car seemed easier - but taking the bus was surprisingly easy and not crowded. The bus sat there a long time waiting for more people to show up - hardly anyone was one it. This was just before the 4th of July.

Yeah, I know it’s directed toward the center of the west side, but I just wanted to make sure the surface lots weren’t being used to stage the drones. If you know someone that worked the strawberry lot (or the watermelon lot) while the show has been going on, they must be open. I’ve never parked in one, but I assume they have their own security checks. The entrance to the show viewing is all the way at the end by the house of blues, so I’m hoping you can just park in the strawberry lot and walk right in by the show viewing location.

I guess something else I didn’t consider is how popular the surface lots are. I’ve never used them. Do they fill up faster than the garages? I assume there are fewer spaces. Is getting a spot in the surface lots even possible on a Friday or Saturday night around the times of the drone show (9:00 and 10:45 pm)?

With Disney Dreams that Soar going on, what is the status of the surface lots at Disney Springs (watermelon and strawberry)? I want to park, see the show, and leave, so parking in the strawberry lot seems ideal, but I don’t know where the drones are staged or if the lot is available right now. Watermelon would be the next best option, I assume.
I did this last week and I would advise against it. Parking in Orange or even Lime garage may be an easier exit. Unless you arrive later to the "show area" and get placed in the grassy area west of House of Blues, you will told to exit eastward, towards the orange garage anyway. We parked in Watermelon and had to walk all the way back westward and the parking lot was an absolute mess when exiting. Once we actually got to the front of the lot, the cast member was directing everyone to exit through the orange garage on the right because it was so backed up going left out of the lot onto the road. I imagine traffic exiting strawberry was also a mess as I believe they only have one way out. This was Wednesday, so not even as busy as a weekend may be. This was for the 9pm. I believe the later one is generally much less crowded.

the parking lot was an absolute mess when exiting.
Yes I think this is why I was advised against trying the parking lot strategy because the person I talked to who has worked in the lot has seen how congested it is trying to get out afterwards.

The bus had no issues - but maybe there is a separate bus lane so they aren't fighting with the cars for the same space.

Yes I think this is why I was advised against trying the parking lot strategy because the person I talked to who has worked in the lot has seen how congested it is trying to get out afterwards.

The bus had no issues - but maybe there is a separate bus lane so they aren't fighting with the cars for the same space.
Yes, around Disney Springs there are definitely ‘bus only’ lanes and signals which allows them to miss much of the traffic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest