Disney Springs small plates, snacks, and drinks

nightshaderose

Mouseketeer
What are the absolute best, most interesting small plates, appetizers, snacks & specialty drinks (alcohol and non) in Disney Springs these days? I'm specifically looking for things that can be had from without ADRs (bars/lounges and walk-up counters/counter service) that are NOT full meals, as well as unique drinks. Non-alcoholic drinks too, since I'm getting old and can only hold so much booze these days. Bonus points for fun ambiance/theming.

I'm going at the end of January with one of my best friends. We're both foodies and adventurous eaters. We've enjoyed Monorail Pub Crawl in the past and I thought we might similarly explore the wealth of new opportunities available at DS since the last time I dragged him with me.

Thanks!

Just about every restaurant has a bar/lounge from which the full menu is available with no reservation required. Honestly a ton of options. The Boathouse, sitting at the outdoor dockside bar if weather permits is my favorite. The filet sliders are a nice small bite there. Chicken thigh biscuits at Homecomin’ are divine and they have a ton of creative cocktails. Ribs at Morimoto are delicious. A margarita and some guacamole at Frontera Cocina would be fun. In the evening, Paddlefish has a rooftop bar (again weather permitting) with some great views and fun appetizers. Raglan Road is always fun to pop into for a pint. Wine Bar George has a wide variety of wines available by the ounce and very knowledgeable staff. They offer a cheese and charcuterie plate that is very good. You really can’t go wrong and likely won’t have the time or appetite to try everything you want to. Have fun!!!

What are the absolute best, most interesting small plates, appetizers, snacks & specialty drinks (alcohol and non) in Disney Springs these days? I'm specifically looking for things that can be had from without ADRs (bars/lounges and walk-up counters/counter service) that are NOT full meals, as well as unique drinks. Non-alcoholic drinks too, since I'm getting old and can only hold so much booze these days. Bonus points for fun ambiance/theming.

I'm going at the end of January with one of my best friends. We're both foodies and adventurous eaters. We've enjoyed Monorail Pub Crawl in the past and I thought we might similarly explore the wealth of new opportunities available at DS since the last time I dragged him with me.

Thanks!

Just about every restaurant has a bar/lounge from which the full menu is available with no reservation required. Honestly a ton of options. The Boathouse, sitting at the outdoor dockside bar if weather permits is my favorite. The filet sliders are a nice small bite there. Chicken thigh biscuits at Homecomin’ are divine and they have a ton of creative cocktails. Ribs at Morimoto are delicious. A margarita and some guacamole at Frontera Cocina would be fun. In the evening, Paddlefish has a rooftop bar (again weather permitting) with some great views and fun appetizers. Raglan Road is always fun to pop into for a pint. Wine Bar George has a wide variety of wines available by the ounce and very knowledgeable staff. They offer a cheese and charcuterie plate that is very good. You really can’t go wrong and likely won’t have the time or appetite to try everything you want to. Have fun!!!
This is an excellent description.

I'll add:
-- Sitting upstairs at Paddlefish for the view....with any cocktail....
-- Sitting inside Jock Lindsey's for the theming.....with any cocktail....
-- the pastry at Amorette's are stunning.....some even taste delicious.....
-- sitting outside to enjoy music at House of Blues....the VooDoo Shrimp are fantastic....
-- Jaleo may be open by January - they'll be serving tapas.....

By and large, Disney Springs is a fun place for a foodie, no matter where you grab something.

For a quick snack on the go, grab some gourmet fries from the Daily Poutine! Lots of interesting variations available. And if you're into ice cream floats, go to the rooftop of the Coca Cola store. So many flavor options.

Believe it or not the sushi at Splitsville is really good. I know, sushi at a bowling alley-how can it possibly be good? But it is!

Great thread, thanks for starting it:wave:

Ok, looks like we're definitely stopping into Jock Lindsey's and Paddlefish. So far there have been two separate recommendations for the chicken biscuits at Homecomin', so clearly we have to try that. The opera cake from Amorette's is on the list (the world as a whole and my world in particular do not contain enough opera cake). Morimoto looks really interesting, and I cannot believe I forgot about the Coca Cola bar.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! So many things look so good. We're going to be sharing plates so hopefully we can get further together than either of us could on our own :)

I agree with the Jock Lindsey's recommendation. I have been there twice and enjoyed sitting outside just as much as inside. Love the fish tacos there!!

Love the Poutine for a snack. Love sitting on third deck at Paddle with my wife and a good beer. Love the hole in the wall for late evening dusk drinks. Could sit at the bar at Raglan all night. The docside bar at the Boathouse is wonderful for a sunset. Man I need to get back....Four long months to go.

You are speaking my language! My hubby and I have done this and its so much fun to try different things.

Jocks Lindseys is a great place to start for a few drinks. We haven't done food there, but did enjoy the Anything Goes to drink. Believe it was fireball and pineapple, which sounds weird but worked.

Another fav is Morimoto Asia. Their ribs are a thing of beauty and one of the best things I've had in Disney. We also did a sake flight which was a ton of fun.

And do not miss Homecoming. Any of their moonshine drinks are great (watermelon is my fav) and their chicken thigh biscuits are right up there with the Morimoto Ribs!

Boathouse: Top tier beef carpaccio with a glass of bubbly to wash it down. Yeah, a red would seem a better fit, but the tartness of the capers and unctuousness of the olive oil begs to differ.
Paddlefish: A bit of a conundrum here. While I loved their lobster dogs and thought their wine selection was solid, service from hostess and servers both times was extremely lacking which is why we won't go back. Still, you might wish to give it a try.
Homecoming: Agree that they have a variety of unique drinks. On the other hand, most of their food, while tasty enough, tends to be butter and grease laden meaning it's very heavy.

Another vote for Homecomin'. They have a decent size bar area but it was full the entire time we were there last trip until around 9pm. Might be tricky to get a seat there, and it also can be difficult to get an ADR there.

Jock Lindsay's is always a good stop for us. Usually has tables available, a lot to look at inside, and good drinks. Never had food there though.

Last trip we stopped at the Edison and had some good drinks. Didn't eat, but they had some interesting things on the menu and all the food around looked good. We preferred the bar on the lower level and we were there at night, so they had a jazz band and a woman walking on stilts. Kept it an interesting atmosphere.

I will gladly agree with everybody on Jock Lindsay's (the Scottish Professor is a phenomenal drink) and they have great pretzels that come with a very good beer cheese sauce.

That being said, Homecomin's moonshine drinks are way too light on the moonshine for my taste. They're really really sweet and I'm not getting enough flavor. Additionally, the food is very buttery and greasy as another person said. I love chicken biscuits as much as anybody, but it's not exactly food meant for a day-long pub crawl.

I believe you'd be remiss if you didn't go to Enzo's Hideaway Tunnel Bar. The bartenders there are knowledgeable and will make a killer negroni. The atmosphere is italian-speakeasy and it's awesome. They have an antipasto misto board that's perfect for two people to share over a good cocktail that really encapsulates the rustic italian flavors.

Morimoto Asia Street food - pork ribs, chilled sesame noodles and the egg rolls are your friend. I would put this up against any QS food in WDW.

Daily Poutine - the Classic Poutine. Very shareable. Very delicious. Nowhere good to sit though so this is a walk around snack.

Jock Lindsay’s has happy hour and is pretty great for walk in drinks and snacks. Also have to toss out Boathouse dockside bar for a walk in sit down spot. Their filet sliders + fries (don’t forget to request some lemon aioli) makes a fantastic small plate. Clam strips too. And the lump crab avocado. Now I’m drooling. Homecomin is great too but be prepared to be completely full and uncomfortable afterwards.

Very excited to try the frose from Wine Bar George next month. I’ve also recently learned that you can get the La Cava avocado margarita at Frontera Cocina but not sure if that’s from their to go window. Will investigate.

Places that did not impress: Blaze (if you have a fast casual pizza place in your city it’s just like that), Dluxe Burger (long line and bland food), and Ghiradelli because their shakes and ice cream were just meh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter