Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

Sure, but there are only so many seats at a TS. Personally, I just don't think there are enough breakfast/brunch offerings daily at any of the parks ... but that's just me! I'm holding out hope that maybe with TSL and definitely with Star Wars Land that Hollywood Brown Derby starts doing breakfast/brunch like Steakhouse 55 at Disneyland.
I agree that quick service breakfast is definitely lacking in the parks. If Brown Derby was going to add breakfast I feel they would have done it by now or at least announced it with the impending rush coming this summer.

Shopping, maybe ... but they're really missing an opportunity to capture some extra $$ in World Showcase at breakfast. Les Halles is the only QS in the WS open at park open these days serving breakfast, and the lines get LONG. Granted, Les Halles is a bakery so it naturally lends itself to more breakfast stuff like pastries and mimosas ... but I wouldn't be angry if Liberty Inn started serving chicken biscuits or sausage & egg muffins or something in the morning ...

True, although they probably would rather have people going to Garden Grill or something for a table service breakfast.

They do have Akershus for breakfast as well.

Would be cool if they opened up like Spice Road Table for breakfast - sitting out along the edge of the lagoon, drinking a Mimosa sounds pretty nice

I know the breakfast discussion is somewhat off topic, but while we're at it, I'd just like to put my vote in for an all-day breakfast place at Disney. We love breakfast food, but rarely want to "waste" touring time to eat in the mornings. I wish there was a Disney version of Perkins or IHOP or something where you could get eggs and bacon or pancakes all day.

I feel better now, thanks! :duck:

Back to the topic of the gondolas! pixiedust:

I know the breakfast discussion is somewhat off topic, but while we're at it, I'd just like to put my vote in for an all-day breakfast place at Disney. We love breakfast food, but rarely want to "waste" touring time to eat in the mornings. I wish there was a Disney version of Perkins or IHOP or something where you could get eggs and bacon or pancakes all day.

I feel better now, thanks! :duck:

Back to the topic of the gondolas! pixiedust:

This is almost worthy of having its own thread.

The line breaking is in all practical purposes impossible. There's mulitple lines and they are designed to be able to hold 10 times the weight they are holding. A more likely scenario is a tower collapse (only because it's a million to one instead of a trillion to one).
Never tell me the odds!

There are three lines with this system.

It would never even cross my mind that one would break.
Are you saying it's a tri-cable gondola? The towers on property don't look anything like the tri-cable towers pictured on the Doppelmayr site, which are much more massive and have heavy rails surrounding the wheels for the propulsion cable.

3s tower.JPG

Are you saying it's a tri-cable gondola? The towers on property don't look anything like the tri-cable towers pictured on the Doppelmayr site, which are much more massive and have heavy rails surrounding the wheels for the propulsion cable.

View attachment 322904
No these are single cable gondolas but there are three lines. Each line is its own cable.

No these are single cable gondolas but there are three lines. Each line is its own cable.
OK, gotcha -- "line" vs. "cable". So more precisely, there is just one cable holding up all the cabins on each line (or segment, if the cabins switch cables at the turns.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!