Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

Thank you so much! I would have never been able to get one of my grandkids in it if the floor was clear.

sorry for such a short reply, wasn't sure what else to say though

I was on a gondola in Hong Kong where they had both glass floor ones and ones without glass ... I opted for one with glass and it was pretty cool, but I can see why people wouldn't want it!

I'm sorry of this info is already on the thread but where is the actual station at CBR? What building is it closest to?
It's across the street from the south end of Jamaica, at the corner of what used to be the bus entrance but is now the main entrance to the resort. It looks like the closest building physically is 41, but I don't know where the crosswalk will be, assuming there is one.

It's across the street from the south end of Jamaica, at the corner of what used to be the bus entrance but is now the main entrance to the resort. It looks like the closest building physically is 41, but I don't know where the crosswalk will be, assuming there is one.
Thank you so much!

I will but they need to be resized because the dis is picky about pictures ;)

Ran into that trying to upload a great pic of the Oct 31 fireworks. I'd hope there'd be a way that the forum can downsize it at time of upload, instead of making us figure out how to do it?

IF you are staying at CBR you will take one Skyliner to DHS and a different one to Epcot? DHS looks like it'll be a straight shot and Epcot will have a stop (so to speak) at Riviera, then another turn, then to Epcot?

What about if you are originating at POP/AoA? Will you ride to CBR station, disembark, then embark on either DHS or the Epcot Skyliner?

IF you are staying at CBR you will take one Skyliner to DHS and a different one to Epcot? DHS looks like it'll be a straight shot and Epcot will have a stop (so to speak) at Riviera, then another turn, then to Epcot?

What about if you are originating at POP/AoA? Will you ride to CBR station, disembark, then embark on either DHS or the Epcot Skyliner?

Yes, you've got it.

Yes - the main CBR station is the “hub” with the three lines meeting there and everyone will have to change lines - or if you are at CBR you just pick the line you want (EPCOT, DHS, or POP/AoA).

Only difference would be if you are closer to/choose to use the Riviera station then that would go right to EPCOT or down to the CBR hub

I will but they need to be resized because the dis is picky about pictures ;)

Yeah, I just started using snip it most of the time.
Ran into that trying to upload a great pic of the Oct 31 fireworks. I'd hope there'd be a way that the forum can downsize it at time of upload, instead of making us figure out how to do it?

I open the pics in a different browser and just use the snip-it tool and size it by what I snip. then just copy paste. It also allows to circle/highlight anything. Extra step but ends up easier.

Wow, thanks! A lot of dirt work going on — not surprisingly. They’ll need to reconfigure security & tapstiles in that area based on where screening occurs for gondola, boat and pedestrian arrivals.

Were the walls down or did you get your camera lens above them?

No walls on the route we passed by during the 5k this morning which looks like when those were taken but it is also not the normal public entrance either.

No walls on the route we passed by during the 5k this morning which looks like when those were taken but it is also not the normal public entrance either.

Weren’t those photos taken from or near the walkway between the gondola station and boat dock? In December (and earlier) there were tall wooden walls enclosing the gondola station and separate walls enclosing an area at the exit from the boat dock. Or I guess they routed y’all out the IG and past the gondola station then a right turn to the backstage area behind GB (we did the 5K two years ago, I’m just now remembering the route there!). I was hoping the construction walls were down but I guess not.

Weren’t those photos taken from or near the walkway between the gondola station and boat dock? In December (and earlier) there were tall wooden walls enclosing the gondola station and separate walls enclosing an area at the exit from the boat dock. Or I guess they routed y’all out the IG and past the gondola station then a right turn to the backstage area behind GB (we did the 5K two years ago, I’m just now remembering the route there!). I was hoping the construction walls were down but I guess not.
No the course ran inside the construction walls.

Thanks — finally realized that as I remembered way back two years ago!

Thanks again for the photos — they show there’s a lot more work to be done than I thought.

Yes, unfortunately I came to the same conclusion. I'm really shocked at how ripped up the ground still is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter