Disney pulled holiday discounts?

gottalovepluto

DIS Veteran
A little bit of googling says I’m not crazy and they had a general public discount and a D+ discount for Dec but they are gone from the website and from booking. Did they have a really early book by date on them or did Disney pull them early? The AP discount is still bookable.

I think they pulled the D+ early.

First it disappeared from the offer list on Disney website but was still able to find through googling the discount. A couple days later it was gone completely. I was toying with booking a night when passing through in Dec.

I sort of want to say there was a 25% general public discount too.

Edited: I don’t remember what the book by date was. Maybe there was one? I think I would have noticed that though

A little bit of googling says I’m not crazy and they had a general public discount and a D+ discount for Dec but they are gone from the website and from booking. Did they have a really early book by date on them or did Disney pull them early? The AP discount is still bookable.
I think you are correct. 😢

You aren't crazy. I saw the discount a few weeks ago when I booked for mid November and wished that discount had applied to our dates - it didn't.
Editing to add that Priceline had some really good deals. No guessing, I just put Lake Buena Vista as my search and Disney hotels turned up by name.

I wished someone would have screenshot the offer. Had to have an book by date, right?

Mousesavers lists "end any time" on their historical chart of prices, discounts, etc page.

Every other Disney travel or fan site I've looked at references the holiday 35% D+ discount but none had an expiration date or any wording far as I could see. I honestly didn't think one was listed, but it looks like they reserve the right to pull at any time even if it's not stated on Disney's website. I guess that makes sense since other places do that too. Maybe they sold out?
(*paragraph edited for clarity)

https://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/#year2023

10/22/23-11/2/23 and 11/26/23-12/25/2315%-35% off room-only rates for Disney+ Subscribers (also bookable as package) 6/15/23, end any time
10/2/23-12/25/2315%-30% off room-only rates for general public (also bookable as package)6/15/23, end any time

They may not have listed one. Would that be a first? I went and screenshot the early 2024 discounts for reference if needed in the future.

Glad I booked the 35er when I did! I thought it was weird too- I always go back and look to see what is still available, I already changed once on this offer!

WDW does put a limited number of rooms on their discounts, so maybe they hit that quota.
Could have been. They obviously determined demand was so strong they don’t need them anymore for the season, guess they figured they can sell any rooms folks let go at full price. More power to them if they can (I don’t believe they will but I’m a pessimist by nature).

Could have been. They obviously determined demand was so strong they don’t need them anymore for the season, guess they figured they can sell any rooms folks let go at full price. More power to them if they can (I don’t believe they will but I’m a pessimist by nature).
Definitely something to keep in mind going forward into 2024.

Just odd that no one has a book by date available to see, unless there just wasn't one to begin with.
I booked the 35 deal, but just didn’t screenshot the ad page. Usually don’t , just click right through. It was up at least a few weeks, since my first choice wasn’t available at first so I booked elsewhere. Then all of a sudden my 1st choice was available and after I booked it, it still was available , so I didn’t get the room I suppose only because someone else gave it up. They must’ve just added it later in the promo.

I booked the 35 deal, but just didn’t screenshot the ad page. Usually don’t , just click right through. It was up at least a few weeks, since my first choice wasn’t available at first so I booked elsewhere. Then all of a sudden my 1st choice was available and after I booked it, it still was available , so I didn’t get the room I suppose only because someone else gave it up. They must’ve just added it later in the promo.
Right. I've never screenshot a discount offer until now. May or may not come useful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter