Disney or Universal?

Heamic08

Heather
Hello everyone!

So, my mom and I are planning a trip to either Disney or Universal in December. I don't know which park to go to! I'm 17 years old. I love Disney with all my heart, but should I go to Universal this time? I also have a disability. I cannot sweat. Disney is great with disabilities! Universal, last time I went, they were pretty rude to us.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

You could do a couple of things. If you really want to go to universal, you could do a split trip eith some days at Disney and some at universal (not sure how long you're staying though).

Otherwise I would say that if you didn't love universal last time you went, stick with Disney. I went to both this past summer and there was a noticeable difference in how well Disney keeps up their attractions and theming. But I also think it depends on how into the universal movies you are, because if you haven't seen most of them, you're probably not going to care as much for the parks. It looks like they do have a pass similar to Disney's DAS though.
Hope this helped! Have fun :)

I love Universal and Disney, if you have to choose I'd do Universal because it's always fun to try something new! The Wizarding World is amazing and everything is well themed. I really like the Jurassic Park area too and at Christmas they decorate Success Landing all adorably. The Macy's Holiday Parade is really fun too.

Of course if you can, I vote for both in a split stay. If you must pick one and you never been to Universal I vote for Universal/ IOA. Be sure to get a two park pass so you can take the Hogsmede Express between the parks. New this year is a holiday projection show At Hogsmede. As for the rudeness, Universal or Disney, its a hit or a miss depending on the worker you deal with.

Last edited:
I would do Universal with the express pass (stay onsite). As long as it's not a holiday weekend you won't have to wait in line too long so you shouldn't overheat. My daughter, 14, loves Universal but she is at that point where she enjoys roller coasters more than any other rides so she is bored with Disney.

Its important to know also Universal has their form of DAS, you get a return time pass that works like an express pass.

We usually do a day at Universal with a two park ticket a rest day in between then we do 4 days at Disney.
Universal -Express Pass
Disney -DAS

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!