Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved Harmonious, saw it twice last trip, I thought it was better than Enchantment at MK.

I agree. Enchantment was fine, but on that one I can solidly say I prefer HEA (also HEA wasn't around for that long). It didn't really offer any "new" tech, though projections along Main Street are welcome, though Disneyland has been doing that for a while. I thought HarmonioUS was spectacular and unique!

Operating hours increased around President's Day at Walt Disney World theme parks

At Magic Kingdom, the park will now close at 10pm from February 20 through February 26, for a total of two additional hours per day.

Over at Disney's Animal Kingdom, hours have been extended in the morning and evening, with the park opening at 8am and closing at 8pm. The original hours were 9am to 7pm.

Finally, at EPCOT, February 20 and 21 will open an hour earlier than usual at 9am.

Operating hours increased around President's Day at Walt Disney World theme parks

At Magic Kingdom, the park will now close at 10pm from February 20 through February 26, for a total of two additional hours per day.

Over at Disney's Animal Kingdom, hours have been extended in the morning and evening, with the park opening at 8am and closing at 8pm. The original hours were 9am to 7pm.

Finally, at EPCOT, February 20 and 21 will open an hour earlier than usual at 9am.
Interesting, I see MK extended hours are at 10 pm, that week. I wonder if they'll extend hours again around spring break times and if that will push other MK extended hours back to 10 as well.

I loved Harmonious, saw it twice last trip, I thought it was better than Enchantment at MK.
This was us exactly last week! We loved Harmonious and watched it twice. Enchantment felt like watching a giant commercial for Disney. Could definitely feel a difference in the crowd enjoyment as well. People danced and cheered at Harm, mostly silent at MK

I am so looking forward to this one, but I'm already sold so I don't want to watch another trailer for it. I do hope they don't pull it from theaters as this one looks like it demands the big screen treatment!

Based on interest at all ages, this has the potential to be a huge summer blockbuster. But, currently Jurassic World is releasing the week before and this summer also has Doctor Strange, Black Adam, Thor and Top Gun. Animation wise the only other summer films I can think of are League of Super Pets and Minions which I don't think will provide much competition for Lightyear.

The only animated film this year that may give Lightyear a run would be the Spiderverse sequel (if that doesn't get pushed to 2023)

Oh, I haven't been paying attention to park hours. I didn't realize Epcot was opening at 10 a.m. more regularly, it's awesome to see it moving back towards 9!

Air Canada Contest to Attend Premiere of “Turning Red”

In honor of the new Pixar movie Turning Red, Air Canada has debuted a special new plane!

EE421A5C-4A59-43D8-9771-479B839393B3.jpeg

The upcoming film is directed by award-winning Canadian filmmaker Domee Shi and set in Toronto. In addition to the themed plane, Air Canada is launching a special contest that offers five prize packages. Each package features a a trip for four people to Toronto to attend the Canadian premiere special event of the movie on March 8th. The contest starts today and runs until February 20th — it’s only open to Canadian residents. (Click here to enter.)

“Celebrate Soulfully” Step Presentation to End February 28th at Disney’s Animal Kingdom

After being an unannounced act, Disney has added the “Celebrate Soulfully” Step Presentation to the Disney World website. Here’s the description for the lively act at Disney’s Animal Kingdom:
Experience troupes of Black percussive steppers connecting their rhythmic dance to traditions of Africa and America, in celebration of Black history and culture. See them in action at Harambe Stage in Africa—now through February 28, 2022.
Disney World
With the description of the unnamed act, we also get an end date – February 28th. The “Celebrate Soulfully” Step Presentation is presented multiple times per day and rotates use of the Harambe Stage with the Tam Tam Drummers of Harambe.

Disney+ Testing Livestream Possibilities on Service

As Yahoo shared, Disney+ ran its FIRST ever test of a livestream recently in the U.S. The livestream was specifically for the 94th Oscar nominations, and was hosted by Leslie Jordan and Tracee Ellis Ross. The event was livestreamed on Disney+ in addition to Hulu, ABC News Live, and some other platforms. Because it was streamed on a few different platforms at the same time, Yahoo notes that this helped to “lessen the burden on Disney+” since not all viewers were turning to one source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest