disney meal vouchers

mi5rugratz

Earning My Ears
Are meal vouchers a good idea? Has anyone used them? If so how do they work? Can you combined the five dollar ones?
Thank you!! :wave2:

We have used them a couple of times. They will not save you any money, but they are a great way to prepay and budget for the trip. We are horrible savers, so it works well for us to buy them when we have money (we usually book a trip with one of dh's work bonuses.).

You can combine them. They do not give change back, so its a good idea to carry some money with you to round out the total. Say you spend $6.50. You would want to give them $5 voucher and $1.50 cash so you dont loose money on the deal. Most of the vouchers are good for any where in the parks or in the hotel restaurants. There are a few (snack vouchers) that are only good in the park- its in the fine print. The snack vouchers are actually worth an odd amount- $5.36 or something like that. I think its $5+ tax. The character meal vouchers include a tip. The breakfast in the park vouchers are not good for a full character meal, but can be applied if you want. They are worth about $8.50 or something like that. They are enough to cover breakfast at Carnation cafe, Riverbell or club buzz.

We are a family of 4, so we end up with 4 books of vouchers. We take what we need out of each book to get the total we need. They dont care, as long as you tear them out in front of the cm. Dont remove them before you are ready to use them.

We will be using them for the third time next week. I love them for the above reasons, too....at one point, the larger your family was, you saved some cash, but it looks like that has changed. One thing I was suprised about was that the value of the vouchers have changed. We recieved the 10 voucher plan (4 day Goofy) and it was a tad bit different than what was advertised on the DLR site. We got,,,,,

One breakfast in the park ($8.61)
One Character breakfast ($27.25)
one lunch/dinner at table service restaurant ($27.25)
3 snack voucher ($6)
2 $10 voucher
2 $15 voucher

Too bad the table service voucher will barely pay for a meal at BB!!! We we still indulge there, however!

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc Just bumping this up. I'd love to hear more about the vouchers. We are thinking of getting them for our trip in April just as a means to prepay. What do you guys think??

You might try doing a search on them. I know we've talked about them on here a few times. People are pretty split- they either think they are a great way to budget or they arent worth it because they dont save money. Oh, then there is the group that has never heard of them. LOL

mi5rugratz said:
Are meal vouchers a good idea? Has anyone used them? If so how do they work? Can you combined the five dollar ones?
Thank you!! :wave2:
We always go as a family of 5 :grouphug:. My MIL always will ask what the kids want for xmas, she spends alot, so one of the things I was planning on asking was for food vouchers, for our next trip. Maybe like a stocking stuffer. Dont laugh!! :happytv: She goes really overboard and this way I wont end up with a house full of toys! LOL!! :crazy:

I don't know how easily you can purchase them with out a travel package. But, I know that you can purchase gift cards to use in the parks. She could get each child one, and then they would have spending money to use for food or other things in the park.

We've gotten the meal plan before at DL and won't be doing it again. I was very dissapointed at the lack of places that you could use the vouchers. It really inhibited variety and spontanity. None of the Downtown Disney locations took the vouchers and only select places in DL and DCA took them. Plus it didn't save us any money!

I wish that DL had a similar dining plan to WDW, which actually does save money and offers a wide range of places to eat.

I prefer Disney gift cards as a way to pre-pay. That was you can use them just about anywhere and the extra can go for souveniers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter