Disney Magic Kingdoms

Refresh my memory someone...was the last time we received land, during an event or during the main story update? Seems unlikely that Bambi could carry an event, so I'm hoping for story content with land.

Also, my Tomorrowland is completely full of purple based attractions. So I guess that's it for Tomorrowland attractions. Or maybe I'm the only one still trying to group by color.

at least for that you get like 1 gem when you level up ... what exactly is the point of tracking the # of guests you have had? Anything come from that?

I think what bothered me the most about this was that I was a Day One player, and on that day one, I checked, and there were already several players that already had a million. Beta testers should never count against scores like this, or at least, it should have been reset went it went public. It reminds me of another Disney game I used to play, which had leaderboard scores based on time. You had people with one second times, which was no way possible, even for the best player. But for years until the game was abandoned, those scores remained.

Refresh my memory someone...was the last time we received land, during an event or during the main story update? Seems unlikely that Bambi could carry an event, so I'm hoping for story content with land.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe the last time we got additional land was when they released nonevent characters like chip and dale and bullseye and an LGM. Can’t put a date on it though.

Last edited:

The last land expansion was near the end of June 2017, right before the whole Lion King event. They gave us Bullseye and his quests to unlock Frontierland. So, almost a year ago for that. I believe that they gave us the 1000000 potions piece of land in Fantasyland during the Snow White event.

The last land expansion was near the end of June 2017, right before the whole Lion King event. They gave us Bullseye and his quests to unlock Frontierland. So, almost a year ago for that. I believe that they gave us the 1000000 potions piece of land in Fantasyland during the Snow White event.
YIKES!!! If that’s true, and I have no reason to believe it’s not, than it’s even worse than I thought. I do remeber the uproar over the cost of the land, but being the level headed player that I am, I never complained. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

at least for that you get like 1 gem when you level up ... what exactly is the point of tracking the # of guests you have had? Anything come from that?

I think what bothered me the most about this was that I was a Day One player, and on that day one, I checked, and there were already several players that already had a million. Beta testers should never count against scores like this, or at least, it should have been reset went it went public. It reminds me of another Disney game I used to play, which had leaderboard scores based on time. You had people with one second times, which was no way possible, even for the best player. But for years until the game was abandoned, those scores remained.

The thing that bothers me the most about the # of guest is at one time, early on, they had a glitch where some players visitors weren’t getting counted and I was one of those unlucky individuals. It was frustrating seeing my ranking continue to plummet and at one point I think I dropped about 20K in a week. Eventually they fixed it, and I’ve slowly worked my way back up, but everytime I check them it annoys me knowing I should be higher.

I’m currently ranked 5643 with 37 million visitors but I always wonder where I should be. I also found out how much harder it is to move up than it is to move down. I probably move up 100-200 spots a month. When I went to WDW last June I basically didn’t play for a week and dropped around 750 spots and it took me the rest of the year to recover it.

Also, my Tomorrowland is completely full of purple based attractions. So I guess that's it for Tomorrowland attractions. Or maybe I'm the only one still trying to group by color.
Yes. But most likely to the latter.

Wondering if the developers are even worried about bases at this point. Yes, they made the Stitch base purple. Then Primeval Whirl is brown, so perhaps that's a Frontierland attraction? (huh??). And the sandy base of O'hana and Lilo's house are two different colors.

Good luck cramming Carousel of Progress and Tron in there.

Last edited:
The thing that bothers me the most about the # of guest is at one time, early on, they had a glitch where some players visitors weren’t getting counted and I was one of those unlucky individuals. It was frustrating seeing my ranking continue to plummet and at one point I think I dropped about 20K in a week. Eventually they fixed it, and I’ve slowly worked my way back up, but everytime I check them it annoys me knowing I should be higher.

I’m currently ranked 5643 with 37 million visitors but I always wonder where I should be. I also found out how much harder it is to move up than it is to move down. I probably move up 100-200 spots a month. When I went to WDW last June I basically didn’t play for a week and dropped around 750 spots and it took me the rest of the year to recover it.
This sounds like a therapy session post. I wasn't aware anyone was even bothering to check their visitor count anymore. I think I checked a few times... during the first month I was playing.

Last edited:
A little more rearranging and everything is back out of storage. A quick check of my stats:

Cobra Bubbles, Pleaky and Jumba are all at 10
Nani at 9
Lilo currently leveling to 8
Stitch at 6
Angel ready for 8

17,779,920 magic and 318 gems (easy come, easy go with those things... I'm not spending money on characters or gems).

Well finally get to welcome Peter Pan today didn’t have Hook or the Jolley Rodger but that was right up there with Sher Khan Queen of Hearts and Donald Duck time wise
Is there any significance with the return home tasks being at the top of characters tasks to being near the bottom?
Maybe at top means there is nothing for them to collect or do whereas at the bottom there is tasks they still haven’t done even though no items to collect for others

I wonder how much this game has veered away from what the developers originally invisioned it being over the last 2 years? Obviously it was intended to be more about building your park seeing that the games subhead is “Build your own Magical Park”. I think we would all agree that changed quite a while ago. When was the last time they added land? No question they’ve made it more character based over the last year plus. I’m sure the success of events, especially the earlier ones changed the direction of the game. I’d imagine the game would be quite different if they had this knowledge in the beginning. Would also be interesting to know what the would have done differently.

I don't think it was ever envisioned to be a theme park simulator/builder/manager. I think it was the marketing agents who gave the illusion as to what type of game this was to be. This is a differently skinned version of the Simpsons or My Little Pony. They knew what type of game this was going to be from the beginning.

The biggest change? They pretty much abandoned the main plot to clear the park of dark magic.

Is there any significance with the return home tasks being at the top of characters tasks to being near the bottom?
Maybe at top means there is nothing for them to collect or do whereas at the bottom there is tasks they still haven’t done even though no items to collect for others

For Level 10 characters, it's at the top.

Well finally get to welcome Peter Pan today didn’t have Hook or the Jolley Rodger but that was right up there with Sher Khan Queen of Hearts and Donald Duck time wise

For Level 10 characters, it's at the top.

Once a character has no other tasks to complete, it moves to the top. However, a Level 10 character who can still collect tokens for another character will have the token tasks a the top, and then the "Home" button below that. Even if a character has a happiness task available, that one will move to the top slot.

I don't think it was ever envisioned to be a theme park simulator/builder/manager. I think it was the marketing agents who gave the illusion as to what type of game this was to be. This is a differently skinned version of the Simpsons or My Little Pony. They knew what type of game this was going to be from the beginning.
I'm concerned by the My Little Pony mention...

The biggest change? They pretty much abandoned the main plot to clear the park of dark magic.

Your right, it’s became fairly clear early on that they didn’t envision it to be a simulator/builder/manager. Obviously we were never going to create our own rides/attractions, although that coulda been fun. That said, they have completely abandoned the rearrange your park attractions any way you want aspect of the game, which was part of what the game was about early on. It also didn’t help when they went thru their stage of building attractions with HUGE footprints. Also, if building weren’t important, why do they continue adding all these worthless concessions and decorations? Well OK, I understand concessions are a way for them to make money.

I think that’s the part of the game that they abandoned that I and many of the players on this board find frustrating. It’s been close to a year since they opened up a new plot of land. I find it inexcusable that they haven’t done more, because during that time we’ve had what 7 plots of land that they could have opened? And don’t get me started with their BS excuse, that it would impact game performance, I don’t buy that excuse for a second. If that was the case they wouldn’t continue adding characters and attractions.

I know @supernova argues that park layout is meaningless and players who care about theirs should just get over it, but why? If they didn’t have the land already, I could understand that point, but they do. Why not open up those plots of land, or at least a few of them and give players the option?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!