Disney Magic Kingdoms

I like the idea of some type of tab, or list view like you mentioned. Something like a table view with the rows being characters and columns for things like character / level info / job ( what they’re doing and/or select a job) / time remaining / repeat job checkbox / cancel job button / speed up job button! Also give us the option of how characters are listed like alphabetical (asending/descending) / movie / ???. if they feel they need to monetize this make it part of Merlin and make it a purchasable option. I would gladly pay a few hundred gems to have control like this.

I also agree that making it easier and quicker to play the game. Sadly, it seems like most games and apps want to keep you in the game longer, not shorter, which is great if it's fun, not so much when it feels like a chore or a grind. The primary game I play, Marvel Puzzle Quest, which is a match 3 type of game, just made changes, that require players to play considerably longer. Let’s just say many of the players are not happy. In my case, if I want to get the same final reward I was getting before the changes, I have to play twice as much.
Completely agree. And apparently, they don't really know gameplayers as much as they thought they did haha

A really basic compromise would be instead of the character tasks appearing on a scroll bar on the right as it is currently, lay them out across the whole screen like a grid in a smaller font and button size so you can see all the tasks at once, which would skip the scrolling to get to the longer tasks, then add a couple longer tasks like 48 hours and 1 week, and finally at the bottom of the character task list, add a button to repeat character task.
That's roughly what I was imagining as well!

The EC is so much lower this time! Usually by this point in the event I've got most of my characters except the villain up to level 6, bought 2 decorations, and am sitting around 110K EC with 1 day to go.
This time around, even after spending my weekends playing literally every hour for over 12 hours and checking in 4+ times a weekday, I only barely welcomed the queen this morning and none of my characters are even at level 5 except mad hatter and march hare. I'm sitting on 57K EC and I haven't even had a chance to buy a single decoration. It looks like I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and buy 1 decoration (I like to collect 1 of everything) and not get the full gem conversion which is a bummer.
I'm sitting at 1st on my leaderboard, so that will help a little, but I was hoping to get at least 75K EC this event and I'll be lucky to break 60K by the end.
I am at 57K now as well, I haven't been close to the top reward in other events but I am pretty proud of even getting this much EC considering the circumstances

One day left and my queen drops have been TERRIBLE! I've been trying for days, but I only have 4 hats, 4 fans, and 13,000 currency! I do have the tea cups, but I think I'm gonna just give up on her. Even Mickey and Minnie's 8 hour dance didn't give me anything! I'll save my currency for whatever gems I get in the end.

Opened the game to have Mickey tell me they were planning a party and I was to come back this weekend for a special gift. Anyone else get this?

So, now that it is the end of the event, I noticed the float gives 550 EC. A character's 1 hr task would take 55 hrs to equal that. And, I guess we should have had Jessie and Goofy on 6 min tasks from the beginning. Even if you can only check twice per hour that's 16 EC vs 10 EC for the hour task. Strategy for next time, if the rates remain so low.

Agree that this is a real and growing problem with the game. Sadly, during events, the best “solution” I’ve found is sending non-essential characters out on their longest available job, and lets be honest that really isn’t a solution. During non-event times, I just keep most characters unemployed. For the few remaining characters I have left to level, I end up going thru the character tab to select jobs that way.

As far as solutions go, I don’t think putting characters away is the answer. I think having a check box that would automatically have a character repeat a job would be the best solution. Of course that’s much easier said than done, and how it would be implemented would be a real issue. How do you cancel a job or even find a character that is currently working on a job? I’m glad I’m not the one who has to figure this out, but I really hope they are working on solutions.

I wonder if they could just have all the characters that have something to do with the event (so the event characters and those that can earn items or EC) come up first so at least you can get through all those characters first/quicker and only deal with the other characters if you have more time/want to ... not a perfect solution but I think would help a bit

So, now that it is the end of the event, I noticed the float gives 550 EC. A character's 1 hr task would take 55 hrs to equal that. And, I guess we should have had Jessie and Goofy on 6 min tasks from the beginning. Even if you can only check twice per hour that's 16 EC vs 10 EC for the hour task. Strategy for next time, if the rates remain so low.

It feels like the EC for tasks was a bit different for this one in a number of ways - for example, most of the time the two-person joint tasks give you less than the combined total of each doing the same length task separately, but for this event they gave your more - so even like if you have the White rabbit and the Cat do a 2 hour one that gives you 38 EC vs 17 each (34 combined) for separate 2 hour tasks

That ŵill be bumped up a bit by the half cup trophy prize, but I am thinking to get the flower dec and maybe another cat bench. My problem is finding the room for everything! Maybe I have kept too many of my chest treasures.. do they add value to the kingdom?
Decorations are completely worthless as far as game play. The Gameloft interns pretty much had to admit that fact when they decided to allow us to dump the dozens and dozens of benches we won in chests into Merlin's cauldron for the elixirs they had to invent for this issue. Or something like that.

There is no promise of gem conversion.... perhaps they figured too many were getting free gems and so it has been adjusted to make sure you can get enough, without having loads left over?
Well yes, I'm sure Gameloft would prefer we buy a gem bundle pack, rather than continually handing out 80 free gems to players.

Opened the game to have Mickey tell me they were planning a party and I was to come back this weekend for a special gift. Anyone else get this?

I got the same message. Micky's birthday is the 18th, so I suppose the party is for him.

I also got the message!

I wouldn't get hopes up too high. Last year for Mickey's birthday we got some magic, a standard Mickey hat concession stand, and a bush. Free is free I guess. Who knows, maybe this year will be something at least interesting though.

So what are your "end of event" strategies? Personally, I save any missions for characters that are non-event. I only send characters out on tasks that have the chance of earning a token. Actually, once I got the queen, I stopped any non-event missions for event characters. Also, I know most try to save up the event currency for the gem conversion in the end and while I definitely agree with that, I don't mind giving up 1 gem later to get a character leveled up now. For example, I just leveled up Alice to 5 (I think) and it cost me 1,500 EC. My reason for doing this is so non-event characters can have tasks to do today that actually mean something. I'd rather Alice finish with 2 potions or ear hats, than save the EC and now Mike, Minnie, Jack & Sally have nothing to do tomorrow. You know what I mean? That's the worst part to me about events is that most of the non-event characters lose the ability to get token for event characters. I think I'm going to have characters stop going on tasks to get the keys and heart locks too. Tomorrow, the half tea cups will only take 1 character 1 hour instead of 4 characters 1 hour, so I'll probably send Jessie to get March Hare hats and stuff like that instead. Just my thoughts, would love to hear your strategies as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter