Disney Magic: Aug 16th, 2018 - 10-Night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland Cruise from Copenhagen to Dover

I noticed that there are a lot of availability for DCL port adventures for our cruise. I know I'm doing a few private excursions, but I also booked a couple with DCL. Is this an indication that most people are booking private excursions?

Also, did anyone notice the Private Excursion on the Port Adventures page on DCL. I didn't notice that until after the updates. I tried to click on it, but there was no further info or a list of excursions available...I wonder if they notice that a lot of guests choose to do private excursions.

I went Norway and Iceland in 2016 and going again in 2019.

This can mean many things.

Port adventures, they could have availablity showing if 1 person is available on that trip. DCL may have say 5 coaches for golden Circle but one person available.

Typically only limited slot port adventures show as sold out, i.e. Golf with 10 slots.

But,

Yes it could be many booking private tours, our 2019 group has chartered Golden Circle, blue Lagoon, and Diamond circle in Akureyri trips, so that's 45 odd not on DCL trips, and far cheaper, and we know each other on the coach and direct our day, and no meets on the ship, but straight to the coach.

I noticed that there are a lot of availability for DCL port adventures for our cruise. I know I'm doing a few private excursions, but I also booked a couple with DCL. Is this an indication that most people are booking private excursions?

Also, did anyone notice the Private Excursion on the Port Adventures page on DCL. I didn't notice that until after the updates. I tried to click on it, but there was no further info or a list of excursions available...I wonder if they notice that a lot of guests choose to do private excursions.
_ _ _ _ _ _

We do quite a few DCL cruises (my wife is Platinum) but very few of Disney's Port Adventures. There are several reasons.
We will pay for our now-teen-age son to go on the "teen" Vibe/Edge excursion if there is one (guessing Kongeparken, on our Stavanger day) and he wants to go.
It's amazing how quickly $1,000+ in shipboard credits and Disney Reward$'s go!

Hello everyone
we are french we love disney and disney cruise line:tink:
in my family there is my daughter Sydney 12 yearsprincess: old and my husband :earsboy:
Didier
Is there already a group of fish extender?
I already participated in fish extender is really very nice and my name is isabelle:earsgirl:

I went Norway and Iceland in 2016 and going again in 2019.

This can mean many things.

Port adventures, they could have availablity showing if 1 person is available on that trip. DCL may have say 5 coaches for golden Circle but one person available.

Typically only limited slot port adventures show as sold out, i.e. Golf with 10 slots.

But,

Yes it could be many booking private tours, our 2019 group has chartered Golden Circle, blue Lagoon, and Diamond circle in Akureyri trips, so that's 45 odd not on DCL trips, and far cheaper, and we know each other on the coach and direct our day, and no meets on the ship, but straight to the coach.

We are doing more private excursions on this cruise that DCL port adventures. And it's mostly due to the set up. We've done a few and no matter what kind of excursion it was, there was just too many people. I understand this is one of the biggest complaints. But the other issue people seem to have is the cost. However, I notice that I'm paying more for not using the DCL excursion...likely because we are choosing to do things with just our family.

I know that the private excursions that people are doing are either booked as their own group or joining group tour offered by a private company. We haven't done one like that yet, but I think we should try it. It appears that the group ones have a limited number - perhaps 10-16 people, which would be fine since DCL seems to have at least 100 or so in each one...or it just seems like it....but the issue is that joining these the set groups mean having an itinerary set...and we'd lose the flexibility of staying somewhere longer or just bypassing a place all together. I'll have to do more research.

Anyone not doing the Pulpit Rock port adventure?

I feel a bit sad that we won't be going this time. I've been hearing about how much people love it but wished they had more time or that it wasn't too busy when you're joined by lots of cruise passengers.

We don't want to rush through it. So we decided to go back to Norway and do the Pulpit Rock and Path of the Trolls and anything else we won't be able to do because of the time constraint of the cruise. Although disappointed, I think we'll enjoy those places much more this way.

Hello everyone
we are french we love disney and disney cruise line:tink:
in my family there is my daughter Sydney 12 yearsprincess: old and my husband :earsboy:
Didier
Is there already a group of fish extender?
I already participated in fish extender is really very nice and my name is isabelle:earsgirl:

Hello!
We're from Canada and we're a family of 4.

I don't know about the fish extender, but there's been one for every one of my cruises. We don't join in, but it's fun to see people walking around bringing treats/gifts...especially the little children. They're so cute...there was one little girl, maybe 2 or 3 yrs old and she was delivering a gift to someone's stateroom and she was so excited. So adorable!

I am not sure if someone has started with a fish extender list. If you are interested, please let me know, and I can start a new conversation for all the people that would like to participate. Of course, if there is already a group, please let me know :).

Can't believe it is less than 3 months away now!

Hello!

This will be our first disney cruise. Me my husband and 2 yo daughter are so excited. I have been going over the port activities. Do you guys have any tips?

I am not sure if someone has started with a fish extender list. If you are interested, please let me know, and I can start a new conversation for all the people that would like to participate. Of course, if there is already a group, please let me know :).

Can't believe it is less than 3 months away now!

I´m really interest on the fish extender but would love to learn how it works. Can you explain it to me. Thnaks!:)

Hello!

This will be our first disney cruise. Me my husband and 2 yo daughter are so excited. I have been going over the port activities. Do you guys have any tips?

This is not our first DCL cruise, but it's the first time we're doing a Norway/Iceland cruise so I've been doing a lot of research. I don't think I'm qualified to give you any tips, but a lot of popular excursion (whether private or DCL) are booked early. I suggest you look into that. I learned this lesson the hard way when we went on our British Isle cruise last year. A lot of the companies were booked for private excursions, so we had to do a lot of group tours with DCL.

With this cruise, there's a bit of time constraints so we decided to make sure we book some with DCL instead of private excursions. We are doing a private one in Reykjavik.

I´m really interest on the fish extender but would love to learn how it works. Can you explain it to me. Thnaks!:)

Basically it is a gift exchange program. Each stateroom has a hook outside the door that looks like a fish, and you can hang the bags that you want to use to collect the gifts there. Many families have the fish extenders custom made and you can find them easily on Etsy.

A group is formed before the cruise and we would exchange some basic information to help planning for the gifts to prepare. Once you are on the ship, you may be assigned a day, or just decide on your own when you want to go distribute the gifts to the other staterooms. You can also bring extra gifts to "fairy dust" some staterooms that are not in the group.

We participated in the last two cruises and had a lot of fun. We received various types of gifts, some were home made, some were store-bought, but all were very thoughtful and special. There are many ideas online as well.

I am hoping to get at least 6 families to commit so we can form a group at least 1 to 2 months before the cruise.

I hope the information helped!

Does anyone know if DCL will be offering a shuttle bus in Reykjavik from Skarfabbaki Cruise terminal to downtown?

We're doing a long excursion the first day we're there and decided we're just going to town the next day since we depart early in the afternoon.

Basically it is a gift exchange program. Each stateroom has a hook outside the door that looks like a fish, and you can hang the bags that you want to use to collect the gifts there. Many families have the fish extenders custom made and you can find them easily on Etsy.

A group is formed before the cruise and we would exchange some basic information to help planning for the gifts to prepare. Once you are on the ship, you may be assigned a day, or just decide on your own when you want to go distribute the gifts to the other staterooms. You can also bring extra gifts to "fairy dust" some staterooms that are not in the group.

We participated in the last two cruises and had a lot of fun. We received various types of gifts, some were home made, some were store-bought, but all were very thoughtful and special. There are many ideas online as well.

I am hoping to get at least 6 families to commit so we can form a group at least 1 to 2 months before the cruise.

I hope the information helped!

Thanks!

I would love to participate. My only fear is if I will have room on the bags for the gifts. We are trying to pack light.

Good morning everyone, Hope this is allowed. Just to let you know that there is a very active Facebook Page for this cruise, over 305 members and 50 + cabins signed up to the fish extender. Just search Disney Magic August 16 - 26, 2018, 10-Night Norwegian Fjords

Good morning everyone, Hope this is allowed. Just to let you know that there is a very active Facebook Page for this cruise, over 305 members and 50 + cabins signed up to the fish extender. Just search Disney Magic August 16 - 26, 2018, 10-Night Norwegian Fjords

Oh...that explains why there is very little activity in this thread.

I don't have facebook so I guess I'll stick with this one.

Thank you for the info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter