Disney Has the Best Chicken Nuggets Ever! - Update Dump - Finally Completed!

Glad your night at Animal Kingdom went well.

Yay for Dinosaur and Double Yay for Everest x 2. The pictures are great!

Sounds like your Rivers of Light experience was pretty good. We saw it a couple of weeks ago and were not blown away. We commented that it was a really tough wait, especially for the little kids who were around us and restless waiting for the show to start.

You got Flame Tree that night after all. (Well, just drinks and desserts, but...)

Well, Disney DOES have the best chicken nuggets! But totally understand your frustration about it.

Love the EE pics! Glad DD enjoyed it!

The ROL dining package really does offer some great seating. It's a nice bonus to do the dining package if you already plan on doing Tusker House or if you just want a fun character meal!

Glad it was a nice day! :)

Really, I don't understand why you had to ask about the chicken nuggets. Chicken nuggets are always the best food choice. (Although I disagree with the ketchup sentiment - BBQ sauce is much better. But that might just be because I don't eat ketchup). I'm glad you enjoyed your burger, even if it wasn't what you were originally planning to eat.

I'm glad both kids enjoyed Everest! Although you look a little bit asleep in that second picture - better watch out for the yeti!

As much as I love Illuminations and Wishes ... seats definitely makes a difference with nighttime shows. Especially when you have to wait a while for them to start. Glad you enjoyed!

Yay for free desserts ... even if they were nothing special. Free food is always good food.

Me: Hey guys, what do you want to eat for dinner?

DD: Chicken nuggets and fries and ketchup!

That’s DD… can’t leave ketchup out of that equation.

DS: Chicken nuggets and fries.

Me: Why do you want chicken nuggets and fries for every single meal?

DS: Because Disney has the best chicken nuggets ever!

Well...DS has a point...
And the TR title is revealed!!

Instead of eating what they wanted, they decided to just sit and wait to eat with us. I kind of appreciated the gesture but at the same time, I was a little bit ticked off that they did that. Mom had been talking about wanting to go to Flame Tree all day and then didn’t because of our kids. Oh well…

Aw man. I can see why you'd be frustrated here. But it was nice that they changed their plans so you could be together. And they didn't have to do that, it was 100% their choice, so I wouldn't feel too bad. They're your family and they know and love your kids.

Niece found a fun game to play while we ate. Birds were landing on the railing near the table looking for a chance to steal some food. Niece put a fry on the table and then tried to grab the bird when it came to get the fry.

She never caught one, but not for lack of effort.

Ahahah excellent! :rotfl2: This sounds like something I would do.

38277578182_cafd85fc27_k.jpg

Your DS's face here is priceless!

I was really impressed by it. It didn’t have any of our favorite familiar characters or songs from the movies. But it was a beautiful show and I really liked it. It might have helped that I didn’t have high expectations for it, but I’d watch it again. I don’t know that I’d stand in a huge standby line to watch it or waste FP for it, but I’ve become a big fan of dining packages for things like this. While I wasn’t wowed by our experience at Tusker House, it really isn’t a bad deal to get the kids an opportunity to see some characters and then have a great seat to see this show.

I also really enjoyed it! I went in with low expectations, too. And it isn't a must-see for me. But it was really neat and the color/water effects were beautiful!

After a nice day with no major meltdowns, we were able to get to bed at a time that wasn’t ridiculously late.

Sounds like a win to me!

She checked every nook and cranny of the stroller, including opening and closing canopies and flipping pockets and pouches inside out. She ended up sending DW’s phone flying about 8 feet away across the pavement after knocking it out of a pocket. Thankfully it was in a good case. I get the need for security, but this just seemed extreme, especially as people in the next line over are just getting the cursory look under the stroller and moving on.
\
I had a guy like that last week. I mean unless everyone is checking that way, than what the heck is the point?

And yes, the floating mountains definitely look like some kind of a big monster trying to pick up a smaller mountain. Seriously, don't you see it?
:rotfl:

As for the ride, we thought it was good. It was a typical dark ride. I felt like it was too short, honestly, I’d have liked to have seen more. It’s something I’d try to do anytime I go back, but I see it like a Small World type thing. In fact, since Pandora is technically a moon, I think I’m going to start calling this one It’s a Small Moon
I love it!!! It's a small moon :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

“Yep, I guess I’m that damn stubborn. I never was overly crazy about Avatar. I tried to keep an open mind. I have to say the Imagineers did a fantastic job on all the little details. But at the end of the day it’s still a non-existent place that I could care less about… kind of like Harry Potter at that other park. The boat ride was ok. Flight of Passage was pretty good but screwed with my motion sickness. Long story short, AK is still a half day park for me and Everest is still the main reason I’m going. I’m definitely going on Flight of Passage if I can make it work, but it wouldn’t ruin my trip if I missed it. Going back in a couple of days to give it another shot and see. My first ride was with DD. We tried to talk her out of riding, but she insisted and then freaked out on the ride so I was trying to console her. I’m sure that played into my lack of excitement.”
Oh no, I am sorry it was not a good experience. I could definitely see how this would be a bad experience. I am curious to see if you have the same opinion after another ride.

His face :lmao: Actually all the characters from this meal with LG are adorable

The kids enjoyed their nuggets. They had these annoying buckets that we got to carry around the rest of the evening and listen to them fight over which one belonged to whom.
Now I know this is a place to avoid, the last thing I need is another ting for kids to fight over

One picture. That’s it. Sis2 took it. I don’t think anybody else got any pictures. We all just enjoyed the show.
Hey sometimes that's just what you gotta do

I was really impressed by it. It didn’t have any of our favorite familiar characters or songs from the movies. But it was a beautiful show and I really liked it. It might have helped that I didn’t have high expectations for it, but I’d watch it again. I don’t know that I’d stand in a huge standby line to watch it or waste FP for it, but I’ve become a big fan of dining packages for things like this. While I wasn’t wowed by our experience at Tusker House, it really isn’t a bad deal to get the kids an opportunity to see some characters and then have a great seat to see this show.
I am glad to know I am not the only one, I think having low exceptions is a part of it though.

Oh man, kids and chicken nuggets!! :rotfl: Sometimes it is just way easier to avoid the mealtime fighting and eventual meltdowns and let them have the dang nuggets. We don't mind Restaurantosaurus though, but it's certainly no Flame Tree, especially when you have been looking forward to that.

Your DD is so brave! I'm impressed she went twice in a row! I've still never attempted to get DS on EE, though he has long met the height requirement!! Maybe he will be up for it by the next time we go.

Because of course I’m eating at Flame Tree if I’m going to AK.

Dang straight! It's Rule #1 of the AK.

But then I remembered we had the kids with us.

*facepalm*

At this point I figured going to Flame Tree was pointless. I don’t care if she got a nap… DD wanted nuggets, fries and ketchup and unless we wanted another meltdown that’s probably what we should get. I sent mom a text and told her the kids want nuggets so we were going to eat at Restaurantosaurus.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo...

There was zero crowd in Restaurantosaurus.

We could walk in, go right to a register and order with no wait.

I wonder why. :rolleyes1

The kids enjoyed their nuggets. They had these annoying buckets that we got to carry around the rest of the evening and listen to them fight over which one belonged to whom.

Life was good.

:rotfl2: Parenthood is very glamorous.

Niece put a fry on the table and then tried to grab the bird when it came to get the fry.

Glad she kept all of her fingers, too.

She may look a little bit scared in the pictures, but she really enjoyed it, as did DS!

Excellent! Great achievement when the kids conquer Everest.

Nice work!:thumbsup2

I was really impressed by it. It didn’t have any of our favorite familiar characters or songs from the movies. But it was a beautiful show and I really liked it.

Glad to hear that! I guess the only debate is whether or not to stand in a ridiculous line or waste a FP. Or spring for a dining package.

We decided to stop at Flame Tree on the way out

YES!

to grab a few cups of ice water and a Sprite for dad.

Oh.

The good news though was that because it was so slow, they threw in literally a tray full of desserts too.

:woohoo:

Kids love their nuggets! Someone recently shared this one Facebook and reminded me of this gem, and it reminded me of your recent nugget post. Poor Jamie Oliver's sad reaction when the kids tell him they'd still eat nuggets even knowing where they come from.

I guess the positive to the whole chicken nuggets and fries requests is that your kids were eating. Better to have some protein and veggies (I'm stretching that term, I know.) than have hungry kiddos.

Your dining package setup sounded like it worked out well. Knocked out a character breakfast and saved time waiting in line. Definitely the smartest decision.

Finally caught up! Your trip sounds eerily like our last- with a whiny DD, baby who needed lots of attention, and just too many people! LOL!

I decided to get creative and use the Rider Swap system to our advantage. I changed the FP for Dinosaur for my family to Expedition Everest for about 45 minutes later than our Dino FPs. I figured with LG and Niece we’d grab a couple of Rider Swaps for each ride and we could use them later in the week.

Not having kids, I'm not at all familiar with the Rider Swap. I thought you had to use it within "x" amount of time of the first ride, but that's interesting that you can use it later in the week.

That’s DD… can’t leave ketchup out of that equation.

Ketchup on chicken nuggets? :faint:

You know I don't think I've ever had chicken nuggets at WDW. I may have had them once at DCA. When I get to my computer I'm going to have to look at past pictures. Now I'm curious!

they were at Restaurantosaurus and waiting for us. Instead of eating what they wanted, they decided to just sit and wait to eat with us. I kind of appreciated the gesture but at the same time, I was a little bit ticked off that they did that. Mom had been talking about wanting to go to Flame Tree all day and then didn’t because of our kids. Oh well…

I think that's a "mom gene" of selflessness that I just don't have. She'd rather be with family than do what she wants. Me? I would have eaten at Flame Tree! :rotfl2:

I had a cheeseburger. It wasn’t my Flame Tree ribs. But I’ve always felt like Disney makes a pretty good burger so I enjoyed my meal.

I had a cheeseburger there last trip and really enjoyed it. The toppings bar was a nice touch.

We sat about halfway up on the far right side of the section. Basically, we were seated right in the middle of the “theater” for the show. Perfect seats.

I wonder if there is a "bad seat" in that theater? We sat in the front row in the accessible seats and I thought that was a really good seat too.

I was really impressed by it. It didn’t have any of our favorite familiar characters or songs from the movies. But it was a beautiful show and I really liked it. It might have helped that I didn’t have high expectations for it, but I’d watch it again.

Huh. I thought it was a nice enough show, but my thought is that I don't need to see it again.

I'd say it probably took a solid 15 minutes just to get a Sprite and a couple of cups of water. The good news though was that because it was so slow, they threw in literally a tray full of desserts too. Granted it was your basic counter service packaged desserts and not something I'd use a snack credit on anyway, but it certainly was a nice and appreciated gesture.

That was a nice gesture. And who doesn't appreciate some free diabetes enhancer!

We headed out of the park and waited maybe about 5 minutes for a bus.

Let's just say that my experience was rather different. :rolleyes1

After a nice day with no major meltdowns, we were able to get to bed at a time that wasn’t ridiculously late.

Nice you had a good day!

I didn't think you were quite as big as I am. Unless your pictures are just deceptive.

I fit just fine. :)

Laugh away.
I had very good luck with almost all the busses. :p

We had FP+ scheduled for Dinosaur and then our dining package passes for Rivers of Light to use.

Got confused there for a sec.
I was thinking you had an ADR for T-Rex plus a dining package for ROL.

I think I'm still tired.

I was having a hard time getting the kids ready and out the door.

Bane of parents worldwide.

I changed the FP for Dinosaur for my family to Expedition Everest for about 45 minutes later than our Dino FPs.

Surprised you could. I guess with FoP and Na'vi, EE FPs are easier to come by.
As are acronyms.

She asked where we were planning to eat and I said Flame Tree. Because of course I’m eating at Flame Tree if I’m going to AK.

Of course.

(Don't ask if I ate there. :rolleyes1)

But then I remembered we had the kids with us.

Naturally.

DS: Chicken nuggets and fries.

This is logical. The boy's got a bright future ahead of him.

DD wanted nuggets, fries and ketchup and unless we wanted another meltdown that’s probably what we should get.

Yup. Go with the flow or suffer the consequences.

We headed downstairs and as we were walking towards the bus stops as we saw an Animal Kingdom bus leaving.

Crap.

Shoulda got my VIP bus pass.

Thankfully we were going to AK. I think we waited maybe 15 minutes for the next bus.

That's not bad then.
I feel that Disney says "busses every 20 minutes" so anything 20 minutes or less is okay by me.

I kind of appreciated the gesture but at the same time, I was a little bit ticked off that they did that. Mom had been talking about wanting to go to Flame Tree all day and then didn’t because of our kids. Oh well…

Still, nice of them to wait and join you.

There was zero crowd in Restaurantosaurus.

We could walk in, go right to a register and order with no wait.

Good info to know.
You know... if I ever get a hankering for chicken nuggets, fries and ketchup.

They had these annoying buckets that we got to carry around the rest of the evening and listen to them fight over which one belonged to whom.

Life was good.

You and I have different definitions of "good". :laughing:

I had a cheeseburger. It wasn’t my Flame Tree ribs. But I’ve always felt like Disney makes a pretty good burger so I enjoyed my meal.

Really!
I'm not positive... but it may be that I've never had a burger in Disney!

Niece found a fun game to play while we ate. Birds were landing on the railing near the table looking for a chance to steal some food. Niece put a fry on the table and then tried to grab the bird when it came to get the fry.

:laughing:

She even took one swimming (nearly drowning it in her wading pool) once.

:lmao:

That front row, though! :laughing:

She may look a little bit scared in the pictures, but she really enjoyed it, as did DS!

Good!

Great photo!

Poor Andy. Schlepping kids around a park all day is hard work.

I was really impressed by it. It didn’t have any of our favorite familiar characters or songs from the movies. But it was a beautiful show and I really liked it. It might have helped that I didn’t have high expectations for it, but I’d watch it again. I don’t know that I’d stand in a huge standby line to watch it or waste FP for it,

That was my impression too.
Pretty. Nice. But... don't need to run out to see it again right away.

That line took forever… They had all but a couple of the lines closed and although I didn't time it, I'd say it probably took a solid 15 minutes just to get a Sprite and a couple of cups of water. The good news though was that because it was so slow, they threw in literally a tray full of desserts too.

Not bad! (the dessert... not the time it took.)

We headed out of the park and waited maybe about 5 minutes for a bus.

Now you're talking!

After a nice day with no major meltdowns

Now that definition we can agree on!

Update may have been light on pictures, but "Baby with kitten" and the "Kids at the Seas" are both adorable additions!
:thumbsup2

That's a bit of a pain about the wait to get into EPCOT, but it didn't seem to disrupt your plans too much- not as much as Test Track being down did :(
It was frustrating, but TT definitely threw a bigger wrench in our plans for the day... and potentially the week.

Wow, you were serious about needing a FP for Figment?!?
::yes:: I mean I didn't Need it, but I'd also rather not wait in a line for the ride.

I'm glad you found a way to get chicken nuggets for the kids as well as what you wanted for lunch.
It worked. It would the the first and last time for the divide and conquer approach. Just too inconvenient.

Sounds like you did a great job killing time between lunch and your Frozen FP. Nice job braving the line for Test Track and the picture of the kids on the ride shows that it was worth it. Looks like they loved it!
::yes:: It paid off and actually helped free a morning up for us later on.

Definitely worth rewarding yourselves with margaritas.
True. But the only reason I need is being close enough to see La Cava.

Your story about BIL and the leftover pizza next door brought back a memory from my waitressing days. I worked at a seafood restaurant and a family ordered the ginormous fisherman's platter and hardly put a dent in it. After the family left, a couple I was waiting on asked if they could have it. I think I told them I didn't care, but I wouldn't serve it to them.
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: But you could have earned a tip on that one twice!

Pick-a-pearl is a fun thing to do with the little ladies.
::yes:: They seemed to enjoy it. At least I think they did. LG had me too busy to know.

So sorry about the meltdowns you had to experience. And the horrendous bus experience when the park closed. I'm glad the Star Wars fireworks paid off, though! I love that show!
It certainly was a rough evening, but the Star Works fireworks are pretty incredible.

I hear your wife on Animal Kingdom- not my favorite park either. We spent a lot of time there on a recent trip, but mainly to check out the new things.

Pandora is cool, I'm impressed that you got to do the 2 star attractions without any wait so soon after they had opened.
I don't know what it is about AK. It has just never had that "Disney" feeling to me the way the other 3 parks do.

The pictures of the kids at Tusker House are cute. I love the way LG is looking at Donald.

"What the duck?!?"
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Great call bailing on AK with the family and going back to resort for some down time.
::yes:: It would have been a harder call to make in another park... or on a cooler day.

:lmao:on needing to purchase snacks after an all-you-care-to-eat brunch!
Kids... :sad2:

Relaxing out on the balcony watching animals while the family snoozes seems like the perfect way to relax!
::yes:: Not bad at all.

Glad your night at Animal Kingdom went well.
Thanks!

Yay for Dinosaur and Double Yay for Everest x 2. The pictures are great!
2 times on what is still my favorite ride in AK... I'll take that!

Sounds like your Rivers of Light experience was pretty good. We saw it a couple of weeks ago and were not blown away. We commented that it was a really tough wait, especially for the little kids who were around us and restless waiting for the show to start.
Yeah, the wait is the worst part. I did enjoy the show though and liked the fact that I was sitting.

You got Flame Tree that night after all. (Well, just drinks and desserts, but...)
Just water for me... I should have asked for ribs instead of desserts. Or is that just being greedy?

Well, Disney DOES have the best chicken nuggets! But totally understand your frustration about it.
That is probably a true statement. I mean chicken nuggets aren't exactly my go-to, but I did have a few when we were snacking on them at the Mara between various meals.

Love the EE pics! Glad DD enjoyed it!
I am too. She was being very adventurous and it seemed like as long as the ride didn't simulate flying, she was just fine.

The ROL dining package really does offer some great seating. It's a nice bonus to do the dining package if you already plan on doing Tusker House or if you just want a fun character meal!
::yes:: I liked the seating there and really, you've got to eat anyway. I like the meal packages that offer seating like this and it isn't like it costs a ton extra to do it or anything.

Glad it was a nice day! :)
Thanks

Really, I don't understand why you had to ask about the chicken nuggets. Chicken nuggets are always the best food choice. (Although I disagree with the ketchup sentiment - BBQ sauce is much better. But that might just be because I don't eat ketchup). I'm glad you enjoyed your burger, even if it wasn't what you were originally planning to eat.
I guess I should know better then. I like BBQ sauce on roasted chicken, but for a fried nugget, I prefer some Frank's or buffalo sauce, if I'm being honest. DD just uses the nugget as a vessel to eat ketchup.

I'm glad both kids enjoyed Everest! Although you look a little bit asleep in that second picture - better watch out for the yeti!
I skipped a nap in the room. It caught up to me.

As much as I love Illuminations and Wishes ... seats definitely makes a difference with nighttime shows. Especially when you have to wait a while for them to start. Glad you enjoyed!
::yes:: Seats can make a show much more enjoyable.

Yay for free desserts ... even if they were nothing special. Free food is always good food.
You speak the truth!

Well...DS has a point...
And the TR title is revealed!!
He does... I mean Disney does all the food very well.

Except pizza anywhere not called Via Napoli.

Aw man. I can see why you'd be frustrated here. But it was nice that they changed their plans so you could be together. And they didn't have to do that, it was 100% their choice, so I wouldn't feel too bad. They're your family and they know and love your kids.
True... but I could have had somebody bring me an extra rib or something if they'd gone to Flame Tree!
Ahahah excellent! :rotfl2: This sounds like something I would do.
Now or as a 2 year old? :rolleyes1

Your DS's face here is priceless!
I just don't even know what to say. The kid can be expressive sometimes.

I also really enjoyed it! I went in with low expectations, too. And it isn't a must-see for me. But it was really neat and the color/water effects were beautiful!
::yes:: Exactly!

Sounds like a win to me!
Not bad at all.

I had a guy like that last week. I mean unless everyone is checking that way, than what the heck is the point?
I know... they have so many layers of security that you know the bag check is more for "show" and certainly can't catch much. It just really frustrates me all the more when I get the one Barney Fife that has to go above and beyond. If they were all that thorough... ok. But there is no way they can do it and still get the volume of people through that they have to.

I love it!!! It's a small moon :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Oh no, I am sorry it was not a good experience. I could definitely see how this would be a bad experience. I am curious to see if you have the same opinion after another ride.
It's still not a favorite, although I did enjoy it significantly more when I could just enjoy it.

His face :lmao: Actually all the characters from this meal with LG are adorable
He didn't freak out, but he definitely wasn't too sure about all of them!

Now I know this is a place to avoid, the last thing I need is another ting for kids to fight over
At least they each get one with their kids meal served in it. But they're identical and they get to argue over which one is theirs.

Hey sometimes that's just what you gotta do
It's more enjoyable that way, really.

I am glad to know I am not the only one, I think having low exceptions is a part of it though.
I think that's a lot of it. I didn't expect a lot, and it easily exceeded my expectations. I don't think it is the greatest show ever. But I enjoyed it.

Oh man, kids and chicken nuggets!! :rotfl: Sometimes it is just way easier to avoid the mealtime fighting and eventual meltdowns and let them have the dang nuggets. We don't mind Restaurantosaurus though, but it's certainly no Flame Tree, especially when you have been looking forward to that.
I know... it's just easier to go along with it. We're on vacation, we're cramming a lot of activity into the day and they've got to eat. It's easier to just find meals that they want than to have them end up feeling bad later because they don't want to eat or something.

Your DD is so brave! I'm impressed she went twice in a row! I've still never attempted to get DS on EE, though he has long met the height requirement!! Maybe he will be up for it by the next time we go.
She was definitely brave about wanting to try new things. I wasn't sure if her freak out on FoP might set that mentality back, but she was ready to go when we got to Everest!

Dang straight! It's Rule #1 of the AK.
::yes::

*facepalm*
:sad2:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo...
The joys of parenthood.

I wonder why. :rolleyes1
Well last time we ate there, the service sucked, so I just assumed word got out... :rolleyes1

:rotfl2: Parenthood is very glamorous.
Isn't it though?

Glad she kept all of her fingers, too.
She's tiny, but she's tough. I'd think her chances against a bird would be fine. I've seen her handle a rooster her size before. These things were nothing compared to that. :rotfl2:

Excellent! Great achievement when the kids conquer Everest.

Nice work!:thumbsup2
2 Everests almost makes up for no Flame Tree.

Yeah... who am I kidding?

Glad to hear that! I guess the only debate is whether or not to stand in a ridiculous line or waste a FP. Or spring for a dining package.
I could take stand in a ridiculous line out of the debate. I don't think it is worth taking up a lot of time standing in line to do it. Although I feel that way about pretty much all evening shows. If I can't walk up 30 minutes prior or get it with a dining plan or FP, I'm not interested. But if you can manage to grab FP for it or get a dining package since you have to eat anyway... it is well worth doing it.

:banana:

:faint:

Kids love their nuggets! Someone recently shared this one Facebook and reminded me of this gem, and it reminded me of your recent nugget post. Poor Jamie Oliver's sad reaction when the kids tell him they'd still eat nuggets even knowing where they come from.
I mean really, it all came from the same place. What makes that any worse than the rest??? :rolleyes1

True... but I could have had somebody bring me an extra rib or something if they'd gone to Flame Tree!

True! Hadn't considered that!

Now or as a 2 year old? :rolleyes1

...is it bad if I say both...? :rotfl2: I will neither confirm nor deny that I spent a fair amount of time sneakily feeding the birds at AK while on a trip with my mom when I was in University......all I know is that somehow I now lead an army of loyal Florida ibises, and I am their queen.

I guess the positive to the whole chicken nuggets and fries requests is that your kids were eating. Better to have some protein and veggies (I'm stretching that term, I know.) than have hungry kiddos.
Exactly. Especially with as much as we were doing, the priority is making sure that everyone is eating and drinking so that we aren't dealing with hangry or sick later on.

Your dining package setup sounded like it worked out well. Knocked out a character breakfast and saved time waiting in line. Definitely the smartest decision.
::yes:: It worked great. I love the dining packages for things like Fantasmic and Rivers of Light. It really doesn't cost more and you've got to eat anyway...

Finally caught up! Your trip sounds eerily like our last- with a whiny DD, baby who needed lots of attention, and just too many people! LOL!
That combination definitely makes things a little more difficult.

Not having kids, I'm not at all familiar with the Rider Swap. I thought you had to use it within "x" amount of time of the first ride, but that's interesting that you can use it later in the week.
Actually, no! They give you what is basically an old paper fastpass with a date by which it has to be used. In this case, it was July 31. We were there I think on the 11th.
26904873939_61af62f1f2_k.jpg

Ketchup on chicken nuggets? :faint:
She'd eat ketchup on anything. The nugget is more a vessel to carry the ketchup.

You know I don't think I've ever had chicken nuggets at WDW. I may have had them once at DCA. When I get to my computer I'm going to have to look at past pictures. Now I'm curious!
I've had them when the kids don't eat everything. I'm not one to order nuggets when there are other options I'd prefer, but I'll say that they do make some pretty good nuggets.

I think that's a "mom gene" of selflessness that I just don't have. She'd rather be with family than do what she wants. Me? I would have eaten at Flame Tree! :rotfl2:
It must not be a dad gene either, because if I was given permission to eat at Flame Tree...

I had a cheeseburger there last trip and really enjoyed it. The toppings bar was a nice touch.

I wonder if there is a "bad seat" in that theater? We sat in the front row in the accessible seats and I thought that was a really good seat too.
I don't know. I certainly liked our location though. I'd think everyone should have a pretty good view of it though.

Huh. I thought it was a nice enough show, but my thought is that I don't need to see it again.
I wouldn't exactly go out of my way and make a huge effort to see it again, but if the opportunity presents itself, I'll gladly go back.

That was a nice gesture. And who doesn't appreciate some free diabetes enhancer!
Exactly! I think it was more like it's closing time so let's get rid of all this crap so we don't have to do anything with it.

Let's just say that my experience was rather different. :rolleyes1
So you had good bus service everywhere else, but it sucked from AK??? :rolleyes1

Nice you had a good day!

I fit just fine. :)
I assumed that would be the case.

Laugh away.
I had very good luck with almost all the busses. :p
I hate you

Got confused there for a sec.
I was thinking you had an ADR for T-Rex plus a dining package for ROL.

I think I'm still tired.
Rightfully so.

Bane of parents worldwide.

Surprised you could. I guess with FoP and Na'vi, EE FPs are easier to come by.
As are acronyms.
Acronyms are running rampant.

Of course.

(Don't ask if I ate there. :rolleyes1)
I won't. But I'll read the TR.

Naturally.
Because what else would it be?

This is logical. The boy's got a bright future ahead of him.

Yup. Go with the flow or suffer the consequences.
The life of a parent...

Shoulda got my VIP bus pass.
I did. They laughed at me and tore it up.

That's not bad then.
I feel that Disney says "busses every 20 minutes" so anything 20 minutes or less is okay by me.
No... our bus service to AK was pretty good. Anywhere else... not so much.

Still, nice of them to wait and join you.

Good info to know.
You know... if I ever get a hankering for chicken nuggets, fries and ketchup.
The staples of a good diet.

You and I have different definitions of "good". :laughing:
Your kids are older. You've been there.

Really!
I'm not positive... but it may be that I've never had a burger in Disney!
:eek: :faint: Book a trip right now! Right this wrong! v

That front row, though! :laughing:
::yes:: :rotfl:

::yes:: I was glad the freak out on FoP didn't ruin her risk taking side.

Great photo!

Poor Andy. Schlepping kids around a park all day is hard work.

That was my impression too.
Pretty. Nice. But... don't need to run out to see it again right away.
I'd agree. If I have an opportunity to see it again, I definitely will, but you also won't find me lining up 45 minutes before showtime hoping to get in.

Not bad! (the dessert... not the time it took.)
The time might have helped us with the bus wait too, so who knows?

Now you're talking!
See, it helped!

Now that definition we can agree on!
I'm glad we agree on something.

...is it bad if I say both...? :rotfl2: I will neither confirm nor deny that I spent a fair amount of time sneakily feeding the birds at AK while on a trip with my mom when I was in University......all I know is that somehow I now lead an army of loyal Florida ibises, and I am their queen.

It was frustrating, but TT definitely threw a bigger wrench in our plans for the day... and potentially the week.
Since TT is mostly what I go to EPCOT for and how often it's down and other parks being more of a priority this time, that's why we're not doing in Feb.

It certainly was a rough evening, but the Star Works fireworks are pretty incredible.
Looking forward to seeing them in 88 days!!!

I don't know what it is about AK. It has just never had that "Disney" feeling to me the way the other 3 parks do.
You just hit on the head what I've been trying to put into words. It doesn't have the same feel. I think for me it feels more like a zoo with some rides and then the walkways are horrible. You have to go left or right at the tree and then walk all the way around if you want to get somewhere else. I guess the next worst is HS where you only have the one street to get to ToT and RnRC.

2 times on what is still my favorite ride in AK... I'll take that!
:thumbsup2 Mine too. We have yet to ride FOP or NR, but I suspect they will not de-throne EE for me either. I'm hoping when we're there, the other people are focused on Avatar and gives us the chance to do EE multiple times.

Yeah, the wait is the worst part. I did enjoy the show though and liked the fact that I was sitting.
Looking forward to seeing this also. I reserved the dinner show package as well, so looking forward to having good seats.

::yes:: I liked the seating there and really, you've got to eat anyway. I like the meal packages that offer seating like this and it isn't like it costs a ton extra to do it or anything.

I skipped a nap in the room. It caught up to me.
I like naps. Harder to do at Disney since there's so much excitement and so much to do.

::yes:: Seats can make a show much more enjoyable.
You speak the truth as well

I hate you

<points and laughs>
<ducks thrown punch>

Acronyms are running rampant.

That's AARR.
Not to be confused with aarrr... which is just pirate-speak.

The life of a parent...

Yep.

I did. They laughed at me and tore it up.

Well, they know you better than I do.

No... our bus service to AK was pretty good. Anywhere else... not so much.

Ah. Good... and not so good.

The staples of a good diet.

I don't eat staples. Too much manganese.

Your kids are older. You've been there.

True. :)

:eek: :faint: Book a trip right now! Right this wrong! v

I know just the place. Beaches and Cream.... except....
When I get there, I only see ice cream.

Dilemma.

I'd agree. If I have an opportunity to see it again, I definitely will, but you also won't find me lining up 45 minutes before showtime hoping to get in.

I'm glad we agree on something.

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.
Unless it's a digital clock, then it's once.
Or an electronic digital clock, then it's just broken.

Ha! Hard to argue with that!?!

Life was good.
Oh fighting over who's bucket is who's. Good Times!

This photo is hilarious! I love the Red headed kid looking scared with his friend next to him to busy texting... Too funny.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter