Disney Halloween nights or Universals???

cannonballer70

Earning My Ears
Which do you think is better overall for 2 adults and are not with any kids????? Universals Halloween Bash or Mickeys at WDW???

It depends on whether you like your Halloween mild or full throttle.

Disney's Halloween is a "not-so-scary" family event, that has lots of spooky stuff going on, but nothing gory or of the horror genre.

Universal's Halloween is full out blood, guts, and gore, with haunted houses and monsters at every turn. Not a lot of spooky stuff, but definitely some scary stuff.

:earsboy:

The Travel Channel did a special on Universal's Halloween Horror Nights. It was enough to convince me that I never wanted to go! Don't get me wrong - I love Halloween and horror movies. I just don't care to be chased by chain saw weilding maniacs or have bloody gory creatures popping out at me every time I turn around. Not my idea of fun! Now, if it was something that made use of Universal's classic monster movies like Frankenstein, Dracula, The Creature from the Black Lagoon, etc. then I think that would be great. Nothing that tame, though, I'm afraid.
If you are really into horror rather than old fashioned Halloween things then this might be your thing.

DH and I did MNSSHP on 10/30/03 and had a great time (we are without kids, too). We did not do any trick or treating, but many adults did and walked away with lots of Nestle candy.
It was a great night to see the parade and I got the bejeepers scared out of me by a HM CM. The whole MK atmosphere was great; HM music all through Main Street, the castle was all Halloween colors, and the retelling of The Legend of Sleepy Hollow was great.
The year before we honeymooned at WDW in late September. Driving around Orlando we saw the billboards for Universal's Halloween bash. The guy on the sign was so scary, I can't imagine what their Halloween party entailed.

I agree w/ most of the previous posts. US goes all out for Halloween in a scarey way. It is very, very well-done and an excellent show. Disney goes all out as well, but it is much milder. If you like the scarey stuff, go for US. If you're a little on the squimish side, go for Disney. Or--you could do Universal one night and Disney the next!! Get the best of both!:sunny:

I haven't been to the Disney party, but last October on a lark I joined my husband in Orlando for the Halloween bash. I DO NOT like "jump out and getcha" stuff like haunted houses (there were 6) and blood and gore, but went anyway. It was absolutely amazing. The costumes/make-up were done up on the caliber you would expect from US. I was scared to death(at what?) and jumped at everything-there are a LOT of guys jumping out at you and chasing you with chain saws and (ha) leaf blowers. They turn off a lot of the lights and pose spotlights through the fog they create so it is really hard to see. But is was so much fun. Some other guest gave me a great tip. Here's what you do. You find the guys who are going to jump out at you before you do and look at them in the eye. They will leave you alone because they want to scare someone. It gets easy to spot them after awhile, just remember-if there is something obvious to stop and watch, chances are someone is behind you waiting to jump out at you... It is a riot to watch other guests jump out of their skin getting scared by these guys, who always stay in character. I would recommend it to anyone(Over 14)! They hold it at IOA, but the haunted houses are on the sound stages in US. They are pretty funny, too. Just keep telling yourself, it's only make believe, it's only make-believe... My only complaints: We went on a Saturday-too crowded.. And there was "free" flowing alcohol everywhere. (not free, just flowing) At every turn of a (very long) line there was a portable bar set up, and people were certainly indulging. I would not go on a weekend night again, ever. It got pretty rowdy standing in line with a bunch of people who were almost falling over, and a couple of guys who would almost fight everytime they passed each other, but I don't think it will be as crowded on a Thursday night, and maybe people will lay off the booze a little, too. It was really crazy to get on the only thing in all the madness that didn't have a line-The Cat In The Hat Ride. This year DH and I may go back, but when we take DS4 and DS6 to WDW, we will go to their party. Don't be afraid, nothing can hurt you.....Bwaaahhhhhaahhaahhhhhhhhhhaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do both!!!! Or if you're a real glutton catch Busch Gardens' Howl 'o' scream as well! If you're both "young" at heart then MNSSHP is worth going to just to see the lengths WDW go to for Halloween but IOA is totally different(personally it was better at US when they had a parade!)..IOA really push the boat out to scare you-you get to "meet" Freddie,Jason....... One thing that has changed since US started their horror nights,is that they serve alcohol thru'out the park,so things can get a bit out of control but there's usually plenty of security/police around.
SD:teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter