Disney Gift Cards at Best Buy

MickeynMinnie

DIS Veteran
has anyone ever bought Disney gift cards at Best Buy? I got an email today for zero percent interest for 24 months and wondering if I could use this towards Disney gift cards? And do you get 5% back on the gift cards too? And how many gift cards can I buy at once? Thanks in advance if you know the answers!!

has anyone ever bought Disney gift cards at Best Buy? I got an email today for zero percent interest for 24 months and wondering if I could use this towards Disney gift cards? And do you get 5% back on the gift cards too? And how many gift cards can I buy at once? Thanks in advance if you know the answers!!

I have bought them there before but the other day I went to buy one and they were completely out. I'll have to try another Best Buy location.

Hopefully someone can answer if that would work for you! Good luck!

Why would you get 5% back?

Former BestBuy Operations Employee here. BestBuy used to allow people to call and hold quite a few, HOWEVER, financing (as far as I know/recall) cannot be used for only gift-cards. You could buy a TV or computer that put you over the limit for the promotional financing (ex. buy a $800 TV if the limit is $799 and up to qualify for financing) and add a bunch of gift-cards then get financing on the total purchase (assuming your credit limit was high enough). At the store I worked at, the guy who owned the former Poker Stars website(s) would come in and buy store gift-cards in bulk 200 to 300 at a time with transactions capping out at around 50 cards at a time. As far as I know this was not a hard limit from any sort of regulation or rule, the registers would freeze if we did more than 50 BestBuy gift cards. All of this was at least 5 years ago though and BestBuy has since changed their financing programs quite a bit and now has different financial institutions that back their cards.

As a side note, BestBuy's RewardZone may still have a hidden benefit (again it's been at least 5 years since I've worked at BestBuy). If you can earn enough points and you can manage to find a store that still carries VISA prepaid gift cards (for a $7 fee) you can turn your rewards into what is essentially cash back. If you had made a few large purchases (TVs, computers, appliances, etc) in a single year you could end up with a few hundred dollars in Rewards points. I've actually done this. To be fair/honest we had an eLearning rewards program for employees that gave us points we could redeem for RewardZone cash when we completed eLearning courses and I did many, many courses during my time there. Be careful though, these VISA pre-paid cards usually are best used immediately after you load them, and do have limits on how much you can put on a single card (I think it's only a few hundred at a time). Some also charge maintenance fees and these will NEVER work in an ATM. Most loopholes that allowed you to withdraw cash in the past have since been closed up. The largest amount I ever loaded was around $250. Cost me about $6 or $7 to do but was essentially free money.

Purely from a personal finance perspective, this is a great idea if you have the cash on hand to pay off the card immediately. Otherwise, in my opinion, this is a very bad idea if you're thinking of using this to simply "finance" your vacation. Just my $0.02!

I needed to buy a laptop a few months ago so I piggybacked the purchase of Disney gift cards onto this purchase and got the 10% back for everything! The 10% came in the form of Best Buy rewards which I was able to use to buy more Disney gift cards. I have the BB Visa and have pretty much used it exclusively for purchases the last few months. It's really added up and I've got quite a few rewards certificates even some bonus certificates. Yeah, there are probably better cards and better deals out there, but it has been effortless for me and I'm happy with the results I've had so far.

I needed to buy a laptop a few months ago so I piggybacked the purchase of Disney gift cards onto this purchase and got the 10% back for everything! The 10% came in the form of Best Buy rewards which I was able to use to buy more Disney gift cards. I have the BB Visa and have pretty much used it exclusively for purchases the last few months. It's really added up and I've got quite a few rewards certificates even some bonus certificates. Yeah, there are probably better cards and better deals out there, but it has been effortless for me and I'm happy with the results I've had so far.
I never thought I would use the BB Visa for anything outside of the larger BB purchases that we need to finance at 0%, but the benefits are pretty nice. I get 1.5% back on everything (ElitePlus member) and then I get 2% on dining and gas (ironic, huh?:rotfl:) They do additional "bonus" offers too, like right now, it's 3% for gas and auto purchases. A few months ago, it was 5% for pet-related purchases. The cool thing is that the rewards certificates can be used for both Disney AND Southwest gift cards. The variable-load option is awesome because I don't have to worry about earning in $25 increments.

I bought a $25 Dis GC yesterday at BB and used my $5 reward and got it for $20.

A couple months ago they had a deal that you could essentially buy $450 (up to 3 $150 cards) BB electronic GC's and a few weeks later they would send you a $45 e- savings coupon. ($15 for each card) you could then use the BB GC's and savings code to buy Disney GC's. BB had the loadable cards so you could use them to get a Dis GC for $495. You were only supposed to be able to do it onlce but I was able to do it 3 times, I used 3 different CC's and emails until I got shut off. I got $1485 in Dis GC's for $1350. Others here have said they run that deal now and then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest