Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do I get the Swagbucks QR codes? I want to try the Sam's Visa card purchase for Dosh and Uber credit then use the Visa gift card at Best Buy for the disney gift cards.....do I need anything special for the BB part of the deal?
In SB app search for Best Buy>click on the Best Buy offer on the search results, that opens the Best Buy offer page>find button that says “Get code”, click that to get QR code. And don’t forget to use Best Buy rewards if you have a rewards account.

Last edited:
How did your transaction at HD go? Just curious if you used self check or a regular cashier and if they gave you a side-eye for using the Happy card.

Went to a cashier. Because I was doing 100 I figured they’d ask for my id but he didn’t. I swiped the card, the prompt came and he Just swiped out of that pop up. Didn’t even acknowledge the card.

At Sam’s and they only have Amex and MC. Has anyone used a prepaid Amex at BB for Disney and gotten SB credit? MC doesn’t work, correct?

At Sam’s and they only have Amex and MC. Has anyone used a prepaid Amex at BB for Disney and gotten SB credit? MC doesn’t work, correct?
I've used both and they have both worked. Amex was seamless, but I had to call MC on each card before I used it to make sure they were properly activated. The first time I used one at BB, it was declined. HTH.

Went to a cashier. Because I was doing 100 I figured they’d ask for my id but he didn’t. I swiped the card, the prompt came and he Just swiped out of that pop up. Didn’t even acknowledge the card.

I wish I had the cards that work at HD. I have $100 of the Happy Lady that I haven't been able to use for Disney gc. First BB&B insisted that I can't use it even though the credit option came up after I swiped. The cashier cancelled the transaction. Second BB&B, I swiped but the cashier got a pop-up on their end saying it's a gift card. Then they asked to see the card and said I can't use it on a Disney gc. Even after I pointed out the credit warning, he showed me his screen that said it's too be treated as a gift card. Not sure if BB&B put in some check in their system to alert the cashier to not allow it to run?

Anyone else having trouble offloading theirs? Good thing there was only 2 $50 cards left at my OD last week. Otherwise I might have bought more! I might end up having to actually spend these.

I wish I had the cards that work at HD. I have $100 of the Happy Lady that I haven't been able to use for Disney gc. First BB&B insisted that I can't use it even though the credit option came up after I swiped. The cashier cancelled the transaction. Second BB&B, I swiped but the cashier got a pop-up on their end saying it's a gift card. Then they asked to see the card and said I can't use it on a Disney gc. Even after I pointed out the credit warning, he showed me his screen that said it's too be treated as a gift card. Not sure if BB&B put in some check in their system to alert the cashier to not allow it to run?

Anyone else having trouble offloading theirs? Good thing there was only 2 $50 cards left at my OD last week. Otherwise I might have bought more! I might end up having to actually spend these.

Damn! I was worried about that, but the other reports were encouraging. so I just placed a rather large order on Gift Card Mall last night. I have no idea what I'll do if I can't convert to GCs. I have zero interest in purchasing anything at BBB.

Damn! I was worried about that, but the other reports were encouraging. so I just placed a rather large order on Gift Card Mall last night. I have no idea what I'll do if I can't convert to GCs. I have zero interest in purchasing anything at BBB.

I think it's YMMV. Hopefully your BBB is much better than mine. I'm going to try a 3rd store tomorrow that's 40 mins away.

One of the rules we've learned in this thread is to never sink a lot of money into GCs at a store that you wouldn't otherwise be able to make use of. Stores can change their policy on a whim and you're stuck with cards you can't convert to Disney. It's already happened at Kmart, GameStop, Target, and Best Buy, and probably a few more I've forgotten about.

That said, until it's hard-coded into their system, I wouldn't give up just yet. Try a different BBB (if there's one in driving distance) or at a different time with a different cashier. Sometime you just need to get the right person to get the transaction to go through.

Worst-case scenario is you sell online through an exchange website and maybe make your money back.

One of the rules we've learned in this thread is to never sink a lot of money into GCs at a store that you wouldn't otherwise be able to make use of. Stores can change their policy on a whim and you're stuck with cards you can't convert to Disney. It's already happened at Kmart, GameStop, Target, and Best Buy, and probably a few more I've forgotten about.

That said, until it's hard-coded into their system, I wouldn't give up just yet. Try a different BBB (if there's one in driving distance) or at a different time with a different cashier. Sometime you just need to get the right person to get the transaction to go through.

Worst-case scenario is you sell online through an exchange website and maybe make your money back.

Good advice. Since they were on sale, even if I "lose" $10 per transaction (sell the $60 for $50), I'll still come out even. I've never sold GCs before, so that option wasn't even on my radar.

I did choose the Happy Kid rather than the Happy Lady because I know I'll be able to use at least some of the money at the movies or gymboree. I suppose we could even go to Rainforest Cafe when we're at Disney, though that was not part of my plan. My GCs aren't here yet, so I'll have to see what my local Bed Bath Beyond and Buy Buy Baby do when I try to trade in.

Looks like Bjs 8% is over. Ended up with $2000 worth . Last batch yesterday, glad I didn't wait any longer.
Bummer! I was planning on more before the end of the month too since that's when the "deal" was supposed to be over. I only bought 5 my first round and this time I noticed it said maximum of 3 cards? Anywho, no matter now. The Sam's deal with Dosh and Uber works out to be a better savings but I only need a little more cushion for Uber this coming trip.....if you dont need to use Uber then the 8% BJ's deal was a better savings. Unfortunately I dont have the cc that was offering the extra warehouse savings.

Oh, I really need another RMN deal! I still need to pay off one night at CR (tpv) and our last night at Poly for a trip in 5 weeks :hyper2:

Bummer! I was planning on more before the end of the month too since that's when the "deal" was supposed to be over. I only bought 5 my first round and this time I noticed it said maximum of 3 cards? Anywho, no matter now. The Sam's deal with Dosh and Uber works out to be a better savings but I only need a little more cushion for Uber this coming trip.....if you dont need to use Uber then the 8% BJ's deal was a better savings. Unfortunately I dont have the cc that was offering the extra warehouse savings.

Oh, I really need another RMN deal! I still need to pay off one night at CR (tpv) and our last night at Poly for a trip in 5 weeks :hyper2:

I just switched my Discover It Chrome to Discover It rewards. I did it all through chat and will go into affect with next billing cycle. I was bummed I couldn't jump on the BJ's deal but I still have a year before our trip so I'm sure more options will come up. But I'm glad I switched rewards programs as the quarterly 5% back seems so much better!

I think dosh with sams was always a better deal even without Uber. It’s almost 10% off. Or am I missing something?

I think dosh with sams was always a better deal even without Uber. It’s almost 10% off. Or am I missing something?

I don't have a Sam's within easy driving distance. Does the Dosh/Uber Sam's Club thing work online? I don't have a SC membership, but might if I can get discounted GCs through the mail.

I don't have a Sam's within easy driving distance. Does the Dosh/Uber Sam's Club thing work online? I don't have a SC membership, but might if I can get discounted GCs through the mail.
Well for some online has worked. It has for me but I see other say it didn’t. You can get a deal on a sams membership through Groupon.

As far as buying Disney GC's with Bed Bath GC's does this still work? If so is it best to buy the BB GC's at the store or online? Or does it matter?

As far as buying Disney GC's with Bed Bath GC's does this still work? If so is it best to buy the BB GC's at the store or online? Or does it matter?
This only make sense if you buy the BB&B gift card on sale somewhere so that usually makes it a physical gift card.

It’s EXTREMELY YMMV. Some people have no issues. Some people are shutdown hard when they try. Some people are successful & then one day- hard stop. Not allowed anymore. Depending on how many hours you want to invest contacting corporate, fighting your local store manager, and being called a money launderer (Although the addition of being told to leave the store was a new one!) it might not be worth it. Personally I won’t try it.

I’m going to own up to the fact that had I been told to leave the store because I was a money launderer I would have escalated right then and there. I’m not one to pull out my iPhone to record/tape stuff usually but I would have 100% done that at that moment. Omg what if you got them on tape threatening to call the police if you did not leave the premises?! I would leave prior to police actually being called but- OMG that store needs disciplinary action by corporate. Anyone (but a horrified SO who just wanted to leave) could have turned that into PR nightmare. “BB&B employee calls police on grandma buying gift cards” :rotfl2:

I wouldn't try a BB gc to Disney gc. I've gotten shut down twice now trying to use a Happy card to buy Disney gc, and technically Happy cards are visa cards.

This only make sense if you buy the BB&B gift card on sale somewhere so that usually makes it a physical gift card.

I’m going to own up to the fact that had I been told to leave the store because I was a money launderer I would have escalated right then and there. I’m not one to pull out my iPhone to record/tape stuff usually but I would have 100% done that at that moment. Omg what if you got them on tape threatening to call the police if you did not leave the premises?! I would leave prior to police actually being called but- OMG that store needs disciplinary action by corporate. Anyone (but a horrified SO who just wanted to leave) could have turned that into PR nightmare. “BB&B employee calls police on grandma buying gift cards” :rotfl2:

I never thought about recording with my phone! That would be a PR nightmare!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter