Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the best deal people have seen on just buying Disney gift cards (or converting from a different gift card). I don't want to spend time with Swagbucks but am just trying to get the biggest discount possible. I saw the effective 10% the other day for buying $150 BBY and then getting a $15 bonus. Back at the beginning of Feb there was essentially 20% off for buying $100 BBY GC and getting a $20 discount off groceries. Anything better then 20% that people have seen?
Goodness gracious no! 20% is freaking AMAZING. You can hit the little deals like BB for high percentages off, 10 % - your 20% but after that the only easy way of getting Disney gift cards at discounted rates is to purchase at Sam's Club (membership required) or purchase at Target using a Target Red Card (5% off) or purchase online at BJs (no membership required but less than 5% off now I think). (Also, deals like BB come with risk. We take the risk on the BB deals that our local BB might stop allowing gc to gc since a couple of them have- but just a couple. Know your risk tolerance with gc to gc deals.)

Ok, looks like I'm stocking up on toilet paper. I went to meijer last night and got 8 packs of cottonelle and a pack of Kleenexes. My total was $22 and some change. Checked my mperks a couple hours later and I had 2 $5 mperks so mperks is counting the original price as well! So I got $10 in mperks and will get a $10 Disney card from grow up young since the original total was over $40!I told DH about it and he told me to go back and get more. :)
Hahaha! Been there, stocked up on toilet paper that lasted us a whole year when a local grocery store ran a deal that got us Disney gift card. And now we're stocked up on Kleenex from Costco for probably the next two years with the growupyoung deal :tongue:

Goodness gracious no! 20% is freaking AMAZING. You can hit the little deals like BB for high percentages off, 10 % - your 20% but after that the only easy way of getting Disney gift cards at discounted rates is to purchase at Sam's Club (membership required) or purchase at Target using a Target Red Card (5% off) or purchase online at BJs (no membership required but less than 5% off now I think). (Also, deals like BB come with risk. We take the risk on the BB deals that our local BB might stop allowing gc to gc since a couple of them have- but just a couple. Know your risk tolerance with gc to gc deals.)

Perfect thanks! Got to start buying those then. Need around $1k by August.

What is the best deal people have seen on just buying Disney gift cards (or converting from a different gift card). I don't want to spend time with Swagbucks but am just trying to get the biggest discount possible. I saw the effective 10% the other day for buying $150 BBY and then getting a $15 bonus. Back at the beginning of Feb there was essentially 20% off for buying $100 BBY GC and getting a $20 discount off groceries. Anything better then 20% that people have seen?
Buying bb gift cards at Kroger when they run 4x fuel points (starting with visa gift cards also bought during 4x points and paid for with Amex blue cash preferred) then converting Best Buy to Disney using swagbucks qr (like ibotta, shopkick, or ebates in store) would be about 28% off for me. This is very ymmv.

Buying bb gift cards at Kroger when they run 4x fuel points (starting with visa gift cards also bought during 4x points and paid for with Amex blue cash preferred) then converting Best Buy to Disney using swagbucks qr (like ibotta, shopkick, or ebates in store) would be about 28% off for me. This is very ymmv.

Great idea. Do you know if the 4x points count if you purchase from any Kroger owned location? For example the only thing near me is a Turkey Hill Gas Station.

Great idea. Do you know if the 4x points count if you purchase from any Kroger owned location? For example the only thing near me is a Turkey Hill Gas Station.
Oh, gosh. I wish I knew. I’m sorry. I just Buy gift cards at our Kroger store.

Is Turkey Hill owned by Kroger? My local grocery stores are not Kroger but they are owned by Kroger so they run the same GC 4x promos. I'm not familiar with Turkey Hill though. Is that gas or grocery? You need a Kroger chain grocery store, I'm pretty sure.

Yes - this!! Although given there are so many ways to get a high percentage back at grocery stores these days in addition to the BCP (Discover, maybe Freedom?), I'm thinking it may be best to hold the Visa gc's to use on non bonus category spending. Seems I'm constantly adjusting my strategy and re-thinking my savings.

For those thinking about the X4 fuel rewards next quarter from Discover it's 5% back at grocery stores. I'm hoping for a X4 promo before our trip at the beginning of May. I already have the funds for the rest of our room reservation and we got in on the CBR gift card deal last year and planned on using that for our food, but I added a few extra TS meals this time so I'm hoping to get some extra funds for those.

Last year, with Amex offers there were a number of times the discounts got as high as 25-30%. For those who had an Amex Business card, you were able to get 20% back at Sam's Club on up to $1250 with the Amex offer. I had it on my card and my 2 authorized user cards - I was able to buy $3750 of Disney gift cards and ended up getting around 27% off.

Alas, most of those offers have dried up. The only one this year was the Bed Bath & Beyond Amex offer which netted around 20% off. As others have mentioned, there are offers like gas points but the value of those offers vary from person to person. For me, I find those offers to be worth very little - my car has a small tank, the shell stations in my area are 35 cents more than all the other stations, and are nowhere near my house.

Will Amex offers ever come back? Who knows.

The other thing to consider is whether a 10% discount on Disney gift cards is worth it. For example, if you are going to use the gift cards to pay for your hotel room, the rate may be more than 10% cheaper by booking at Orbitz with a discount code. Similarly, if you are buying park tickets, the price might be cheaper at Undercover Tourist than by buying Disney tickets at a discount. All this needs to be considered before going the gift card route.

The other thing to consider is whether a 10% discount on Disney gift cards is worth it. For example, if you are going to use the gift cards to pay for your hotel room, the rate may be more than 10% cheaper by booking at Orbitz with a discount code. Similarly, if you are buying park tickets, the price might be cheaper at Undercover Tourist than by buying Disney tickets at a discount. All this needs to be considered before going the gift card route.

This is an excellent point!! At WDW, we end up using our gift cards for restaurant meals for exactly the reasons you state. Mostly we’ve used them to pay for cruises though.

Good point! I think for us it will be worth it as we were able to pay for a 10 day park hopper using Chase Reward Points and will use the gift cards to upgrade to an Annual Pass. Also need some GC for food/drinks. Thanks for all the other suggestions everyone. I confirmed that Turkey Hill (who is owned by Kroger) also has the 4x promotion now I just need to double check that they sell BBY GC as well. We have plenty of gas cans that need to be filled!

My thinking is I definitely hop on any 10%+ deals and then right before my trip I get whatever else I need at my local target for 5% off.
This is what I do, too. When I don't have a trip BOOKED I only pick up GC at GREATER THAN 10% and I may try out some of the newer (to me) methods that come along to see what return I get. Once I have a trip booked I jump on anything 10% or greater. Knowing I can always finish out my expenses with 5% off at Target.
I don't have anything booked right now but we have agreed to a cruise/short DW visit and an annual pass voucher within the next year. So I am treating that like I am booked already and grabbing any GC at 10%.
I also throw a Disney GC into my Target shopping trips about once a month. It's only 5% but I don't even 'notice' it on my Red Card statement.

Good point! I think for us it will be worth it as we were able to pay for a 10 day park hopper using Chase Reward Points and will use the gift cards to upgrade to an Annual Pass....
YOU are the person I'm looking for!! I'm trying to figure out if tickets booked through UR are upgradeable? There is nothing on your tickets that states they are not upgradeable then? (I've never upgraded a ticket at WDW) I want to add a day to turn their 7 day ticket into an 8 day ticket because for whatever reason Chase can't book 8 day tickets -but can book 10 day tickets, go figure.

YOU are the person I'm looking for!! I'm trying to figure out if tickets booked through UR are upgradeable? There is nothing on your tickets that states they are not upgradeable then? (I've never upgraded a ticket at WDW) I want to add a day to turn their 7 day ticket into an 8 day ticket because for whatever reason Chase can't book 8 day tickets -but can book 10 day tickets, go figure.

Our tickets are currently at will call but attached to our MDE accounts. We have upgraded tickets before in person with no problem (but they were not purchased through Chase) so don't plan on having any problems attempting this time. Lots of info I got from this thread https://www.disboards.com/threads/all-about-tickets-at-wdw.3570721/#post-56958170 and it doesn't seem like we should have a problem.

I ran over to BJ's at lunch and I always scope out the gift card section while I'm there. A couple things:

1. My store took out the food court so no lunch on the way back :( (unless I pop open one of these olive cups)
2. BJ's now has variable load GC's. Since they're variable there's no price on them and I didn't have time to ask. Anyone ask about these yet? I can't imagine you get a discount on them but who knows. There were lots of options including Disney.
3. The Disney $500 GC is still 479.99 according to the signage and all the rest seem same price as well. I'll have to compare to my notes later.
4. There's a new promo 2/22 - 3/14/2018, buy 3 P&G items get a $20 award. This is separate from the BJ's Perks program. I've never used an award before, has anyone used one on a Gift Card?
5. Not as direct, but there's also a save .50/gal on a same day fill up when buying 2 Henkel or Kimberly-Clark projects. This one ends soon, 2/28/2018.

Visa SavingsEdge Active Offers, deal ONLY good on Visa Business credit cards that can enroll in the Visa SavingsEdge program. It's 10% back in statement credit on a "future statement", up to $5.00 per enrolled card, valid through 4/29. Must specifically enroll in this "active offer" after enrolling your credit card/s with the website. DoC's write up: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/visa...similar-amex-offers-includes-10-office-depot/ I had given up hope this would work but I did a $15 purchase (Disney gift card) on 2/1, $1.50 "adjustment" posted to my Chase Ink Preferred on 2/19.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!