Disney Fantasy "Star War's Day at Sea" February 10th - 17th, 2018

Enjoying the trip report! Lots of new stuff with SWDAS that we did not see in 2016. The BB-8 races are new. I love your Star Wars t-shirts!
Thanks, We bought them in the store on the ship. The store had a lot more items to pick from for men, not a much for women.

Ah! I've only had food from there once, and didn't know they had cookies.
Yes, and if you do not see them, just ask. They have them in the back. On 3 different occasions, in the evening time, I asked for cookies and they would give me a plate full. I assume they will do this for anyone. The first time I went up to the window and looked around and did not see any cookies, I backed up and was about to leave and a Cast Member came up to me and asked was there something in particular I was wanting. I told him I wanted some chocolate chip cookies but I did not see any. He told me to hold on and had someone go get me a plate of cookies. He told me all I had to was ask in the future. He then thank me was cruising with Disney. DH and I think it was because I had my platinum lanyard on. Because this was the first trip I ever really wore my lanyard and we were treated very different. Our service went from always being fabulous to being treated like a Queen and King. Needless to say we always wore our lanyards.

I snapped photo's as I went back to our cabin to get ready for the beach and breakfast.

fantasy deck.jpg

slide.jpg

goofy sport.jpg

The following photo's I took from our balcony. Castaway Cay is simply gorgeous.

castaway cay1.jpg

view.jpg

After breakfast we gathered our stuff and got off the ship for our time at Castaway. We waited in line for our Shutters Photo Op with the ship in the background.

Untitled.jpg

We did not take the trolley, we decided to walk along the path to the beach and shops area. There was a very nice breeze along the way as I took several photo's.

pointer.jpg

This Captain Jack was good, but I remember a past cruise where the Captain Jack Character could have been Johnny Depp himself.

jack sparror.jpg

outside ship.jpg

ship 9.jpg

Of course we had to get our photo taken with Pluto.

with pluto.jpg

pluto.jpg

I love these metal things painted with the Disney Characters. They brought I smile to my face the first Disney Cruise we took, which was in 2002, and they brought a smile to my face this cruise of 2018. Although I do believe they look different that when I first saw them.

character.jpg

heads up.jpg

gym slide.jpg

castaway cay.jpg

beach.jpg

cast.jpg

dsitan.jpg

lifeguard.jpg

We laid out on the beach, well, I laid under an umbrella. We read for a while then decided to walk over to the Adult Only Beach. The shop there had more items than the other one. I also had to say hello to Olaf.

shell.jpg

olaf.jpg

p.jpg

pelican.jpg

beachy.jpg

view 3.jpg

views.jpg

We walked by the area where they were serving lunch. The lines were very long and my DH did not want to wait in those lines, so we decided to walk by to the ship and get lunch.

fruit.jpg

We decided not to ride the trolley again, so we enjoyed the walk back.

trolly.jpg

walk.jpg

I forgot to take this photo when we arrived on the island, so I snapped it as we headed back to the ship.

welcom.jpg

The other side looks like this.

later.jpg

backgroud.jpg

Before getting back on the ship we bought one of the beige Disney Cooler Bags. It is a very good back. The ice last over 24 hours with some meltage.
The bags I believe were $25.

Now, to board The Fantasy for the last time. BOO!!!!
bck on shp.jpg

I snapped a few photo's on our way back to our cabin.

atrium.jpg

Untitled.jpg

DisneyFantasy-2-11-18-3.jpg

guest .jpg

I love this area.

DisneyFantasy-2-11-18-21.jpg

ight.jpg

We grabbed something to eat at Cabana's once back on the ship. I wished we had ate on the island. The Strawberry Ice Cream was the only delicious thing I ate.
Untitled.jpg

The Specialty Ice Cream place is right outside of Cabana's. This is the little scene they have set up in there. We did not eat anything from here. The free Ice Cream is great, no need to pay for it.

DisneyFantasy-2-11-18-29.jpg

We did not eat much for our late lunch due to not wanting to spoil our appetite for dinner. We read on deck some and people watched. Then headed back to our cabin to get ready for dinner.

Here's a photo of the sunset I snapped from our Balcony.

sunset.jpg

We had reservations for Palo's on this last night of our cruise. Our waiter was fabulous, he was from Croatia. The food was very good and we enjoyed it a lot. I probably liked the decor of this Palo's over the one on The Magic.

po.jpg

tt.jpg

ww.jpg

We rushed to the Walt Disney Theatre for Disney's Believe show. We missed the first few minutes but we were very glad to catch the rest of it. This show was as good as Aladdin. The singing was fabulous. No photo's for the show as photo's aren't allowed in the Walt Disney Theatre.

I found a place to stand around the atrium so I could catch the See Ya Real Soon show performed by the Disney Characters. I will say of all the going away Character parties I've been to, this one was pitiful. On the Magic Mickey and his friend sing the M-I-C-K-E-Y, see ya real soon, song. They mainly walked around the kids for about 15 minutes so everyone could get their last photo's with the characters. They did a very short song and then were gone. It was great if you had never experienced the other, but I was a bit disappointed. Which was on me. I was there by myself as my husband does not care for it.

castaway cay (1).jpg

castaway cay 1.jpg

castaway cay 2.jpg

castaway cay 3.jpg

castaway cay 4.jpg

castaway cay 5.jpg

castaway cay 6.jpg

castaway cay 7.jpg

Well, that's the last of my photo's. Not sure why I did not take anymore. I think I took a lot less photo's on this trip than I normally do. We did not leave our luggage outside the door because we wanted to walk off the ship early. I think we made it to our car before 8:00 am the morning we got off the ship. We had a 7 hour car ride home and we were ready to get it behind us.

We really loved this cruise. The Star Wars day at Sea was done so much better than the Marvel Day at Sea, in my opinion anyway. I highly recommend going on one. You will not be disappointed.

I hope to write a trip report after we return from our Adventure's By Disney trip to Iceland this coming July. We are sooooo looking forward to it. As of right now we do not have a cruise planned for the remainder of the year since we will be going to Iceland in July, and in August we are going with the Auburn University Alum Club to Banff, Canada. That is another bucket list trip I'm so thrilled to take. As of right now, that will the last vacation for 2018. But you never know, my DH is great about surprising me with something.

I hope you enjoyed this report.

I'm going to follow with one for post for this cruise. It is a basic overview of the cruise that we were given the first day.

Cruise Highlights

Saturday - Port Canaveral - Port Departure: 5:00 pm - All Aboard: 3:45 pm - Attire: Cruise Casual
A Fantasy Come True: Welcome Show - Walt Disney Theatre: 6:15 pm & 8:30 pm

Sunday - Day at Sea - Attire: Formal - Disney’s Aladdin: Walt Disney Theatre: 6:15 pm & 8:30 pm

Monday - Day At Sea - Attire: Cruise Casual - Disney Wishes: Walt Disney Theatre: 6:15 pm & 8:30 pm

Tuesday - Phillipsburg - All Ashore: 8:30 am - All Aboard: 6:00 pm - Attire: Pirate or Cruise Casual - Showtime: Taylor Mason - Walt Disney Theatre: 6:15 pm & 8:30 pm

Wednesday - St. Thomas - All Ashore: 7:45 am - All Aboard: 4:00 pm - Attire: Cruise Casual - The Magic & Illusion of Kyle Knight & Mistie: Walt Disney Theatre: 6:15 pm & 8:30 pm

Thursday - Star Wars Day At Sea - Attire: Star Wars or Cruise Casual - Star Wars: The Last Jedi (PG-13) - Walt Disney Theatre: 4:30 pm & 7:30 pm

Friday - Disney Castaway Cay - All Ashore: 9;30 am - All Aboard: 4:45 pm - Attire: Cruise Casual - Disney’s Believe: Walt Disney Theatre: 6:15 pm & 8:30 pm

=========================================================================

Welcome Aboard
Your Stateroom & Luggage - Staterooms will be ready at 1;30pm. To allow your Stateroom Host/ess time to prepare your room, please do not remove the blue stanchion straps. Stateroom host will deliver luggage throughout the day until 5:30 pm.

Staterooms with Bunk Beds - Bunk beds are recessed into the ceiling and will be prepared during the evening turndown service by your stateroom Host/ess.

To Change Dining Assignment - Requests for different seating times will be taken today: 1:00 pm - 3:15 pm; Book in Royal Court, Deck 3, Midship - 3;15-5:00 pm; please dial 7-1831; 7-1832; & 7-1833

Remy & Palo Dining Reservations - Reservations are required and will be taken on a first come basis today: 1:00pm-3:15pm Royal Court, Palo, & Remy - 3:15pm-5:00pm; Please leave voice mail at 7-9735 for Palo, 7-9734 for Remy,

=========================================================================

Senses Spa & Salon - Deck 11, Forward - Extension 7-1465
Rainforest - Come enjoy our serenity lounge, with heated chairs, dry sauna, aromatherapy steam rooms and rainfall, misting showers. $193 for couples and $144 for singles.

Coolsculpting - Fear No Mirror with CoolSclupting. The premier non-invasive fat reduction and body contouring treatment. Eliminate fat and sculpt your body with a single treatment.

OnBoard Acupuncture - Naturally effective for pain, arthritis, sea sickness, stress, digestion, weight loss, and much more. $150/session or $550/5 sessions.

Triple Your Indulgence - We recommend you enrich your day spa experience by choosing three of your favorite signature treatments and receive:
10% off your 1st signature treatment
20% off your 2nd signature treatment
30% off your 3rd signature treatment

An 18% auto gratuity is added to all senses spa services.

=================================================================================

Buena Vista Theatre - Deck 4 & 5, Midship

Feature Movies this voyage

Saturday - Port Canaveral
5:00 pm - G - Cars 3
7:30 pm - G - Cars 3
9:45 pm - PG - Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

Sunday - Sea Day
9:00 am - G - Family Movie Fun Time: Cars 3
12:45 pm - G - Born in China
2:30 pm - PG - Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones
5:15 pm - PG-13 - Thor: Ragnorak
8:00 pm - PG-13 - Thor: Ragnorak
10:30 pm - PG-13 - Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith

Monday - Day At Sea
9:30 am - PG - Coco
12:00 pm -PG-13 - Thor: Ragnorak
2:45 pm - PG - Star Wars: Episode IV. A New Hope
5:30 pm - PG - Moana
8:00 pm - PG - Moana
10:30 pm - PG-13 - Thor: Ragnorak

Tuesday - Phillipsburg
9:00 am - PG - Star Wars: Episode V. The Empire Strikes Back
1:00 Pm - G - Cars
3:00 pm - PG - Coco
5:15 pm - PG-13 - Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
8:00 pm - PG-13 - Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
10:45 pm - PG-13 - Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales

Wednesday - St. Thomas
9:15 am - G - Cars
11:30 am - PG - Star Wars: Episode VI. Return of the Jedi
2:15 pm - PG-13 - Star Wars: The Force Awakens
5:00 pm - PG - Coco
8:30 pm - PG - Coco
10:45 pm - PG-13 - Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Thursday - Star Wars Day at Sea
2:15 pm - PG-13 - Star Wars - The Last Jedi
5:15 pm - PG-13 - Star Wars - The Last Jedi - 3D
8:30 pm - PG-13 - Star Wars - The Last Jedi - 3D

Friday - Castaway Cay

9:00 am - PG - Family Movie Fun Time - Coco

Thanks for sharing. You have inspired me to get up early and get sunrise pictures on my next cruise! Loved your dress on formal night - looking forward to your Iceland trip report! :goodvibes

DH and I think it was because I had my platinum lanyard on. Because this was the first trip I ever really wore my lanyard and we were treated very different. Our service went from always being fabulous to being treated like a Queen and King. Needless to say we always wore our lanyards.

This is kind of cracking me up because one of my littles asked, "are we Gold" and I was like not yet honey and trying to explain it to him how you earn status and he just kept saying, but I want to be gold! LOL! Maybe someday we'll get to Platinum! After all my husband is already talking about the "next" cruise and we haven't even left for our first one! LOL!

Although I do believe they look different that when I first saw them.

I do believe they are different! Or maybe just revamped/repainted? 2014:

castaway1.jpg

I hope to write a trip report after we return from our Adventure's By Disney trip to Iceland this coming July.

I am hoping you do a trip report for your ABD trip! I would love to read it! I just have to remember to look for it!

This is kind of cracking me up because one of my littles asked, "are we Gold" and I was like not yet honey and trying to explain it to him how you earn status and he just kept saying, but I want to be gold! LOL! Maybe someday we'll get to Platinum! After all my husband is already talking about the "next" cruise and we haven't even left for our first one! LOL!

I do believe they are different! Or maybe just revamped/repainted? 2014:

View attachment 318740

I am hoping you do a trip report for your ABD trip! I would love to read it! I just have to remember to look for it!
I'm so excited for you taking your first cruise. You will love it.

I'm so excited for you taking your first cruise. You will love it.

I am so excited! I have been on a 3 day before, but my family haven't cruised at all! (Unless you count my husband's time on a ship in the Marines! LOL!) But we wanted to wait till our youngest was potty trained and old enough for the kids club, then decided to do one for my parents 50th anniversary so it pushed it out a bit. But I know it will be worth the wait! I was thinking about an Alaskan cruise next to combine with a visit to family in Vancouver, but my husband and kids want to do a Star Wars sailing!

I am so excited! I have been on a 3 day before, but my family haven't cruised at all! (Unless you count my husband's time on a ship in the Marines! LOL!) But we wanted to wait till our youngest was potty trained and old enough for the kids club, then decided to do one for my parents 50th anniversary so it pushed it out a bit. But I know it will be worth the wait! I was thinking about an Alaskan cruise next to combine with a visit to family in Vancouver, but my husband and kids want to do a Star Wars sailing!
Your kids will enjoy the Star Wars Cruise better, but the Alaskan cruise is fabulous. We did the 9 night on the Wonder a few years ago. The Tracy Arm Day was amazing. I hope you get the chance to do the Alaskan at some point.

We took our dd on her first Disney cruise when she was 6 yrs old. It was an Alaska cruise. We went with other family members to celebrate my ILs 50th wedding anniversary. We all loved the cruise and are glad we were able to do it. My dd loved being on the ship, however she didn't really care about doing the port excursions. She was too young to do the more exciting excursions like river rafting and zip-lining. She spent about 30 seconds looking at the glaciers during the Tracey Arm day and wanted to go back to the kids club. We've taken dd on 2 Caribbean cruises since then and feel like they are better for young kids. DD loves going to any beach, we live in central Ohio, so cruising is the only time we get to do this. I'd love to do another Alaskan cruise when my dd is older so we could do some of the excursions that she was too young for on our previous one. They've added a lot of new things since we did our SW cruise in 2017. Love all your pics. Can't believe we've done 4 cruises and have never been to the See Ya Real Soon show. I'm writing it down in my planning book to do it on our cruise next year!

Your kids will enjoy the Star Wars Cruise better, but the Alaskan cruise is fabulous. We did the 9 night on the Wonder a few years ago. The Tracy Arm Day was amazing. I hope you get the chance to do the Alaskan at some point.

You are probably right that the kids would enjoy a Star Wars cruise better. And we could do a Western itinerary for variety. I think I feel pressure to get out to see my aunts and uncles as everyone starts to get older (one aunt in particular had a stroke and I worry about her) and figured since we live on the East Coast if we're going to go all that way... But my husband mentioned going on the SW Cruise early 2020 so we could book onboard for the benefits. I was originally planning to do a placeholder of some kind, but I guess just booking away works too! LOL!

We took our dd on her first Disney cruise when she was 6 yrs old. It was an Alaska cruise. We went with other family members to celebrate my ILs 50th wedding anniversary. We all loved the cruise and are glad we were able to do it. My dd loved being on the ship, however she didn't really care about doing the port excursions. She was too young to do the more exciting excursions like river rafting and zip-lining. She spent about 30 seconds looking at the glaciers during the Tracey Arm day and wanted to go back to the kids club. We've taken dd on 2 Caribbean cruises since then and feel like they are better for young kids. DD loves going to any beach, we live in central Ohio, so cruising is the only time we get to do this. I'd love to do another Alaskan cruise when my dd is older so we could do some of the excursions that she was too young for on our previous one. They've added a lot of new things since we did our SW cruise in 2017. Love all your pics. Can't believe we've done 4 cruises and have never been to the See Ya Real Soon show. I'm writing it down in my planning book to do it on our cruise next year!

This is great feedback on the Alaskan cruise! My youngest will be 6 in summer 2020 when I was thinking of going so it sounds like it might be better to wait a year or two for that one. Or three because when Star Wars land opens we need to all get back to Disney World if we haven't already! I know it will cost a fortune, but I want to stay in the new Star Wars hotel! LOL!

We were on the same cruise and really enjoyed your report. I actually found some of my family in your atrium pictures! It was a great week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter