Disney Dream, Jan 18th, 2019 - 3-Night Bahamian Cruise

Hello. This is my first time ever on a forum :dogdance: and this is be my family and I's first cruise ever! We are excited to meet people, and maybe do this "fish extender" thing I've been reading about. We are all super excited and can't wait. We will be doing 3 nights at the Contemporary and doing Disney World and maybe Epcot prior to the cruise. Any tips and advise is always welcome :duck:

Hello. This is my first time ever on a forum :dogdance: and this is be my family and I's first cruise ever! We are excited to meet people, and maybe do this "fish extender" thing I've been reading about. We are all super excited and can't wait. We will be doing 3 nights at the Contemporary and doing Disney World and maybe Epcot prior to the cruise. Any tips and advise is always welcome :duck:

Welcome to the DisBoard Forums! We are a very friendly bunch!

Land and Sea tours are AWESOME. We are doing the same, but our days in WDW are after the cruise (just worked out that way based on the Federal Holiday).

I was thinking about doing a FE group. If no one else organizes one, we might.

My first tip to you for land and sea - have you determined how you are getting from the hotel to the ship? Although magical express is convenient, be aware that they generally don't get you to the port until 2-3pm. If you were hoping to make any reservations or get your feet wet in the pool, you might want to consider an uber or taxi or other transportation to Port Canaveral.

My second is if you have never been on a cruise, have you considered your plans for sea sickness if one of your family happens to be susceptible to it?

Do you have any questions you would like to ask?

Welcome again!

Thanks for the info. I have not looked into the transportation to the ship yet, and it was going to be the next thing I researched. Good to know Uber or Taxi would be good. And yes, I have looked into sea sickness things. I personally am, and I think my daughter would be too. Not sure about my son. As we get closer to our date, I was thinking of getting perscription. I was readin Bonine was good as were sea bands. Any thoughts?

Thanks for the info. I have not looked into the transportation to the ship yet, and it was going to be the next thing I researched. Good to know Uber or Taxi would be good. And yes, I have looked into sea sickness things. I personally am, and I think my daughter would be too. Not sure about my son. As we get closer to our date, I was thinking of getting perscription. I was readin Bonine was good as were sea bands. Any thoughts?

Sorry for the late reply - we were on travel and didn't have access. My wife gets Sea Sick. If you are going to go prescription (which she does) I suggest you ask your doctor about Scopolamine (SCOP) patches. They are a small skin patch that goes behind the ear. One patch lasts 3 days, so you will only need one for the entire cruise. They are VERY effective. We get them just from the CVS Minute Clinic. Our insurance even covers them.

Bonine is essentially just mecklazine - a stronger form of Dramamine. Scopolamine is a much stronger and different medicine altogether.

Late the party, but better late than never! Decided to book a cruise after DH went to bed last night. Whoops! Things not to let your wife do after you fall asleep!

This will be our fourth cruise and third on the Dream. We have two girls that will find out from "Santa" that they are going on the Dream again. Would LOVE to participate in a FE exchange if that is still an option!

Just a reminder -
PLATINUM members your booking window is already open!
GOLD members, your booking window starts in 2 days.
SILVER members, your booking window starts in 17 days.

Start thinking about what you want to do!

We just booked this cruise this week! Talk about last minute. It will be my family's first cruise EVER! So far I'm a little nervous and a little excited. Our three kids don't know yet but they know we have been talking about it. Not sure if we will just 'let them know' or try to make a big surprise out of it.

We just booked this cruise this week! Talk about last minute. It will be my family's first cruise EVER! So far I'm a little nervous and a little excited. Our three kids don't know yet but they know we have been talking about it. Not sure if we will just 'let them know' or try to make a big surprise out of it.
It's our familys first cruise ever too! Did you end up making it a surprise? We didn't since we wanted the kids to be involved in the money saving for it. How old are your kiddos? Mine are 9 and 5. It's so close now!

We just booked yesterday! I’m packing like a crazy lady and was wondering if there is a Fish extender list we could join???is it too late? My kids always love it so I hope not! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!