Disney Dream Dinners- What should we order?

ForMyBoys

DIS Veteran
Hi recent cruisers! We set sail for a 4 night on Monday. I wanted your opinion on appetizers, main courses and desserts that you found delicious and not to be missed. Thanks!!

Hi recent cruisers! We set sail for a 4 night on Monday. I wanted your opinion on appetizers, main courses and desserts that you found delicious and not to be missed. Thanks!!

This is way too subjective. We have no idea of your personal likes/dislikes. Just discuss the menu with your server each night. They know all the "hits" and "misses."

I couldn’t agree more with PP. Every time food is brought up, the range of answers is all over the place. Some post that the food onboard is disgusting and they only eat at Palo, others say that it’s the best they’ve had on any cruiseline. Some rave at Rémy being a three-stars Michelin experience, others say they went for pizza afterwards because they couldn’t recognize anything they ate that night.

Also, most guests only order one or two entrees out of the seven or eight that are available every night. So any recommendation is based on a choice that might have excluded the most noteworthy choice of that menu.

If you want recommendations, your server will gladly offer them. They know their stuff and you’ll be able to steer them with your comments about what you like and feel like.

Last edited:
Menus can vary by region and season as well. I enjoyed several of the vegetarian options, as I'm a big veggie eater and those entrees gave me more than the side of broccoli the regular main dishes had.

Agree that everyone has different tastes. I read a review of an Adventure By Disney tour to Iceland (you think DCL prices are high?.) The poster was disappointed because they liked all their food fried and that wasn't an option at every restaurant they went to.

I'll jump in! We were recently on a Dream 4-nighter, so maybe the menus will be similar. The chateaubriand and Grand Marnier souffle at Royale Palace were awesome. I can't remember the exact dishes, but the shrimp in general were done well. (The one time we had scallops, though, they had some grit. That was on pirate night.) Crab cakes were nice, too. I'd steer clear of the pirate night fruit cobbler; the topping was strange.

In Animator's Palate: Appetizer - Black Truffles Pasta Purseittes * Main - Marinated Angus Beef Tenderloin

In Royal Palace: Soup - Belle’s French Onion Soup — with Gruyére Cheese Crouton * Main - (I used to love the Chateaubriand Steak but I think they don't offer it anymore :( ) * Dessert - Grand Marnier Soufflé

In Palo: Dessert - Chocolate Soufflé

At the sandwich shop: Tomato-Bacon-Brie panini!

Last edited:

From enchanted garden I remember really loving the tuna avocado stack and the sticky date pudding. Those were probably two of my top picks from the entire cruise.

I'm a super plain eater, so I just get the grilled chicken breast each night. LOL But the server will recommend a meal each night. The only night my husband didn't really love the food was the night he didn't take the server's suggestion. So I vote just go with what your server says is best. :)

Yep, trust your server. Our server gave us his top few picks every night. Later in the cruise my husband went off recommendation to a seafood pasta he thought sounded good - and it was. But, our waiter had learned our eating styles and he ended up bringing him out an entire second entree - the lamb chop (his recommendation) because he knew my husband might still be hungry and knew he would love it. He was right on both accounts! LOL!

Although I must say I agree that the pasta purseittes at Animators are AMAZING!! That is the only dish other cruisers had recommended prior to us sailing and they were right!

My suggestion is to just try things that sound appealing to you. That's what I do and have found many things I love. If you don't like it you can get something else. I don't eat seafood or mushrooms so many dishes that people suggest are not an option for me.

Agree with all of the previous posters: Tell your servers what you like and don't like, and follow their recommendations. We don't know your preferences, and you don't know ours.

I've only been on the Fantasy, but based upon my personal experience and TONS of food reviews, it seems that the seafood entrees are more consistently good than the red meat (steak) entrees. Most reviews I read where people were disappointed seemed to have ordered steak. I enjoyed great Sea Bass, Scallops, Shrimp, and Tuna on my trip. Definitely have the Grand Marnier Souffle in whatever the Dream version of the French restaurant is.

In Animator's Palate: Appetizer - Black Truffles Pasta Purseittes * Main - Marinated Angus Beef Tenderloin

In Royal Palace: Soup - Belle’s French Onion Soup — with Gruyére Cheese Crouton * Main - (I used to love the Chateaubriand Steak but I think they don't offer it anymore :( ) * Dessert - Grand Marnier Soufflé

In Palo: Dessert - Chocolate Soufflé

At the sandwich shop: Tomato-Bacon-Brie panini!
I am so looking forward to Belle's French Onion Soup! We're on the same cruise leaving Monday, can't wait!

Everyone likes different things... My absolute favorite is the mushroom-filled ravioli at RP but I've never heard that from anybody else. My favorite desserts are on the RP menu too: creme brûlée and the Grand Marnier souffle. I don't order double desserts, but DS gets one, I order the other, and we trade bites. Also, there are a lot of people who don't like the pool deck food, but Fillmore's does a roast beef sandwich with horseradish mayo that totally rocks my socks. I'm kind of ashamed to say that I eat two or three of them every day. :) I agree with a couple of PPs, talk to your servers about what you like / don't like and consider their recommendations. Our servers have encouraged me to try a few dishes that I wouldn't have ordered otherwise, and I was pleasantly surprised.

I hate to admit this, but it took me awhile to go the "Trust Your Server" route. I'm not a huge fan of DCL food. For MY taste, I feel they aim for "not offending" vs. really delicious. After a few cruises with less than stellar dining experiences, I finally turned it over to our servers. Yes!!! They do know what to order and what not to. Listen to them!! Our last two DCL cruises where we - for the most part - just ordered what our servers recommended ended up being our best cruises, food wise. Trust your servers. They know what's good and what isn't!!!

One other thing I will point out - I'm a seafood lover. It's pretty much what I'm going to order at any restaurant - land or sea. I cook a lot of it at home ... you get the picture.

Everyone has different tastes. Our family prefers our seafood cooked with a light hand. Rare is preferred, medium rare is tolerated, anything over that goes in the trash. But that's just us. Let's just say that our experience with DCL is that they do not subscribe to that philosophy. If you like your seafood well done (no judgment, we all like what we like), you will be happy with DCL's seafood options. We've learned to avoid them. :)

Last edited:
Everyone has different tastes. Our family prefers our seafood cooked with a light hand. Rare is preferred, medium rare is tolerated, anything over that goes in the trash. But that's just us. Let's just say that our experience with DCL is that they do not subscribe to that philosophy. If you like your seafood well done (no judgment, we all like what we like), you will be happy with DCL's seafood options. We've learned to avoid them. :)

^^This. Other than crab cakes I don't do DCL seafood anymore, to me it always seems overcooked. Other people love it, though. Whatever floats your boat!

PS: I'm Pgh born and raised... Go Pens!

Thanks everyone! I have definitely let the servers recommend on prior sailings and sometimes they get it right, sometimes they don't. What I was interested in are specific dishes you found delicious. It sounds like I'll be trying a few things based on suggestions here. Thank you for the feedback! The Mushroom ravioli sounds yummy. Grand Mariner Souffle sounds great.

The tuna avocado stack and the sticky date pudding at Enchanted garden are on my list.

I'll make sure to try the tomato bacon panini. The roast beef sandwich sounds right up my husbands alley.

Oh and I'll try the pasta purseittes at Animators. These are the suggestions I'm looking for :)

Two or three cruises ago our server told us that the baked potato soup at AP is the only soup that she recommends, and IMHO she was right. I really like it.

I love the escargot. If you’ve never tried it, the Dream is the place to do it. It’s loaded with butter and garlic. Sometimes I get two!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter