Disney Dream - December 11, 2017

Hello all!!!! I am very excited to be going on my very first ever cruise along with my husband and 13 year old son and 10 year old daughter. We will be celebrating our 15 year anniversary. This is not our first Disney thing....I'm a little bit of a Disney addict and we go almost every year :) I can't wait to meet many of you and have a nice relaxing time on the Dream. Any recommendations for us newbies would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Jess

Hi Everyone!

We just signed up for our very first cruise and first family vacation ever! My DH works in the film industry and inevitably gets called for work for whatever dates I try to schedule anything for us. But December is typically slow, so we're determined to make it work this time! I am soooo excited...and a little nervous, since I don't know exactly what to expect. Our kids are 5 and 6 and are very excited too...even though I have to keep explaining that our "boat trip" won't be happening for a while yet. My DH refuses to get excited yet though...he sees no point in looking at pictures of the ship or discussing excursions until we're a lot closer to actually leaving. This may be a far more rational approach than mine (which is to obsessively read any and everything I can find about the ship, the itinerary, DCL and cruises in general), but it's not much fun for me. So I'm very happy to find this board and this group! It's so nice to find that I'm not the only one who is already excited about this!

Hi!! I joined one on facebook but decided to join on here also. It is our first cruise too! Its just my husband, me and our daughter will be 5 when we go. We are soo excited and keep searching information and want to get in on a fish extender group or something! I just dont know how to wait a year from now we already downloaded the navigator app and it has a countdown on there! I have been to all the disney parks but my husband and daughter both have never seen an ocean so they are excited for that! Lol!
Where is the group on Facebook? I looked for our dates but couldn't find a group.

This will be our family's first cruise. The kids are so excited to go. They will be 6 and 4. By any chance does anyone know anything about the Royal Seas package at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. Debating if it is worth it or not.

I am new to all this social media stuff. How do i find the Facebook Group? Can someone send me the link

I am new to all this social media stuff. How do i find the Facebook Group? Can someone send me the link
Welcome! My kids are 6 and 4 too. I suck at tech so I can't give you a link, but if you search Disney Dream December 11, 2017 on Facebook, you should find our group. It took a few hours for someone to accept my request to join. If you scroll down a bit once you're in you can find a post on how to sign up for FE, Mixology, ornament exchange, etc.

Edited to add: no clue about the Royal Seas Package though. It's our first time too. But if you post a question on the DCL forum, you'll probably get several answers.

Hi Everybody! I'm sailing with my 13 yo daughter and my hubby, it's our first DCL adventure although my hubs worked on Crystal Cruises as a singer for about 10 years. So looking forward to meeting everyone!!

Hello -

We switched from B2B on the Dream and have instead decided to do the one week on the Fantasy the week of Dec. 9th. Hope you all have a great cruise!!

Should be booking this tomorrow.

If there is anyone interested in doing a local candy/Snack exchange using FE’s, I will organize here! I understand it’s late, but it’s something I’ve organized. Have done it with as few as 3 cabins, as many as 30. I keep groups between 6-11 cabins. Do not think that will be a problem here, due to time!

Will get back here, after I book! I go to doctor tomorrow to be sure there’s no complications after my September 6 operation. DH and I are senior citizens, Platinum on DCL. :boat:

Bobbi

Just bumping in case there are some folks out there on this sailing!

Who else is on this cruise? We got a very nice VGT rate, and we booked Palo for the first night. Tried to get it for Pirate night, but they only had 8:30, that’s too late for us.

Anyone else?

We have booked Palo, and a shore excursion. Any interest in Local candy/Snack exchange using FE?

Sometimes there are late comers to a thread who want to join something. I would be happy to do a local candy/treat exchange using FE, if anyone is interested. There are some great rates out there for this cruise, we booked a great VGT rate! I would be sad:sad: to not have to bring my FE on this cruise. It would be a first. Once there were only 3 cabins in the Candy Exchange, still, it was fun!

I will keep posting until Thanksgiving!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter