Disney Cruise Line Stateroom Reports

2024 isn't an option yet, but I just noted the dates and posted a stateroom report on wdwinfo for Magic 5126 as follows:

Magic 5126
Cat 5C
Sail Date 2/21/2024, 5 nights, Western Caribbean (Cozumel and Progreso)
Sailing party of 2. Cabin sleeps 3 (sofabed)

Worst room we've stayed in. Lots of wear and tear. Very scratched up table. Poor structural integrity of sofa - like it would be in a basement or garage if in someone's home. Bed was comfortable. Bathroom showed lots of age. Loose plugs meant that nothing charged the first night. We used the vanity plugs after that. Small veranda with dirty glass. LOUD room. There is a mechanical noise about every 2 minutes that is obvious but isn't too bad if you aren't a light sleeper. However, there were creaky panels and on the last night there was a loud pumping mechanical sound that went on all night.

Will never book an aft room again as I felt sea sick on one night which never happens but you can definitely feel more motion at the back of the boat. Any time the winds were high or water was rough, the cabin creaked all night. Our room host kept things clean, but these rooms desperately need a refurb. We booked VGT so we took what we got, but it was the worst cruise we've been on with Disney.

Overall, I feel like the Magic needs a lot of love. There are watermarks on many carpeted areas and it felt like the carpet was coming up in some stairwell areas. This was our 4th cruise with DCL and 2nd on the Magic. Our first time on the Magic was last year and it was 4 nights. We enjoyed the cruise and felt like we could have used one more night. This year, we booked the 5-night cruise and it felt too long. There just isn't enough to see and do on this ship. There was no theming for this particular voyage. Our last three were all themed to some extent. The other Magic cruise we took was Mardi Gras week and all the guests were very festive- lots of door decor and costumes, dressing up, etc. The other two we took were both Halloween on the High Seas so lots of theming. This was the least Disney cruise we've ever taken with DCL. Limited character sightings. Lackluster enthusiasm. Just an overall lack of atmosphere. The food was also pretty bad this time for some reason. I know not everyone loves the DCL food anyway, but we've always had decent meals. This time was simply not good. We did eat at Palo for brunch and dinner and that was very good. We only even went to rotational dining twice because it just wasn't good, nor was the buffet. We mostly ate at Daisy's for fresh offerings and had room service a couple times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter