Disney again, yes please! August 11-20/2018 PTR, Update 8/8, pg. 23. COMPLETE!!

Less than 2 weeks away! Your final day plans sound great. You have to have one final goodbye at MK before leaving! Maybe you will be able to convince Andi to eat at LTT ;)

The next time I get back to Universal, Voodoo Donut is definitely on my to do list!

You're getting so close to your trip now!! I can only imagine how excited you're getting. :) If the weather doesn't warm up here soon, I'm gonna wish I was right down there with you!! I'm also all for trying not to overpack!! Good idea! I always aim to do this, and then there's always something I just can't manage without. But the times I've packed the lightest for my trips have definitely been the least stressful. Anything I'm reasonably certain I can do without and which I know I could always buy there if I absolutely needed it...these days those things typically stay home. :)

Less than 2 weeks away! Your final day plans sound great. You have to have one final goodbye at MK before leaving! Maybe you will be able to convince Andi to eat at LTT ;)

The next time I get back to Universal, Voodoo Donut is definitely on my to do list!
Thanks so much for joining in and commenting, always helps with the planning.

You're getting so close to your trip now!! I can only imagine how excited you're getting. :) If the weather doesn't warm up here soon, I'm gonna wish I was right down there with you!! I'm also all for trying not to overpack!! Good idea! I always aim to do this, and then there's always something I just can't manage without. But the times I've packed the lightest for my trips have definitely been the least stressful. Anything I'm reasonably certain I can do without and which I know I could always buy there if I absolutely needed it...these days those things typically stay home. :)
We leave tomorrow, yay! The weather here finally was nice this past weekend, we had 60 degrees yesterday:dogdance:
I am packed and so far I just have a carry on suitcase and I think it should be just fine!

One day until our trip!!!!pixiedust::hourglass:flower:

We leave very early tomorrow morning 4/24. Our plane leaves Duluth at 6:30am. I plan to get a piece of Chicago deep dish pizza (airport style) when we arrive in Chicago at 8:00am. Breakfast of champions! I will get a picture for my report! Always important to critique all food.:rotfl2:

Our plans have changed slightly. The day we go to USO, 4/25, I made a late ADR at the Plaza, 8:15, so the plan is to Uber to Contemporary and walk over to MK after USO. We should finish dinner, hopefully, right when HEA will be starting so we will watch. Here is to hoping we are not to tired!

4/26, I canceled our TH breakfast and changed our FP+ to later in the afternoon to match up with the FoP one, right now I don’t have any dining plans this day so we will wing it. We have the Fantasmic dessert vip seating in DHS so we will head over there around 5pm. Our morning is open this day, which is nice, we will pick somewhere to go!

On our last day, I was able to get a CP breakfast ADR at 10:25. Andi wanted this instead of LTT so I was able to get this with the TP reservation finder:thumbsup2. So those are the few changes.

A few firsts for us will be Vodoo donuts, Fontera Cocina, Fantasmic dessert event, Jimmy Fallon ride, hopefully Fast and Furious ride (soft openings are happening). I am sure there will be more as well!

Thank you to everyone who joined in and commented on my PTR.:bounce:

I will post a link and close this thread when I return, I think I will start a new PTR in the waaaay future for our March 2019 trip. Thanks again and TA TA for now!!
8D960BC2-3A10-49B6-8D83-31BC589B8C2F.jpeg

You're off having loads of fun by now, so I'm just stopping by to say I hope your trip is awesome! Looking forward to reading about it when you get back :)

Oh my, you will probably be on your way home from an amazing trip as I write this and I can't wait to read all about it! Just wanted to say congrats to Andi on her university choice! How nice for you that she will not be too far way. :) Jack also accepted his offer and will be going to Trent University in Peterborough, Ontario. It is only 1 1/2 hrs from us so that makes this momma happy too! How did our babies grow up so fast?? I am sad that our paths will not cross again this summer but hopefully we will see each other on a future Disney trip!

Have a wonderful trip!!!! :woohoo:

Thank you!

Have a great trip! I heard they officially opened Fast & Furious today.

Thank you!

You're off having loads of fun by now, so I'm just stopping by to say I hope your trip is awesome! Looking forward to reading about it when you get back :)

Thank you!

Oh my, you will probably be on your way home from an amazing trip as I write this and I can't wait to read all about it! Just wanted to say congrats to Andi on her university choice! How nice for you that she will not be too far way. :) Jack also accepted his offer and will be going to Trent University in Peterborough, Ontario. It is only 1 1/2 hrs from us so that makes this momma happy too! How did our babies grow up so fast?? I am sad that our paths will not cross again this summer but hopefully we will see each other on a future Disney trip!

Thank you! Love that Andi will not be far away, happy for your son and his choice! It will be so strange not to have my Andi girl here all the time! It will be a crying fest for me the end of August!

Hey Everyone! I am back from a very fun trip, 5 nights sure does go fast! Stay tuned for a trip link in the near future.

Hi Everyone, this is the PTR that never dies, :rotfl2:We are going back to WDW in August:dancer:. I decided to renew our AP’s. I did some research and it was quite a bit cheaper to renew even for the one trip next year, especially when you include the memory maker, which I love!!

So the wheels started turning and I called our TA to see about dates in August. The TA exclusive deal starts 8/15 and this was when we could go. He was able to reserve the WL for 8/15 to 8/20 for us at a great price.

This will be our first stay at WL so I am so excited :woohoo: So we were all set for these dates except 5 nights goes so fast and I was tossing around adding a day or two at the PoP Century when..........I see on FB the DAH is coming back for the summer months:dance3:There is a 8/11/18 date! I added 4 nights to the trip at the PoP so we can attend this event. Official trip dates are 8/11-8/20/18. We have only stayed 1 night at the PoP so this is like a new resort to us as well, especially because it is mostly renovated now!

We were scheduled to do the DAH in February when we had to cancel it because of my illness:sick: so this perfect for us party:

I hope you all follow along on the planning adventure for this August trip! I have made some ADR’s and I am in the process of planning the days. We will have 10 glorious days in Disney World yay!

Thank you google for the resort images!
F0821C6E-7D81-493D-A807-BF6D7824F5FE.jpeg 95FC6A6E-A066-4709-8143-6813B81A4397.jpeg

Our trips mirror one another! We both visited in April. We both are going in August! I’m taking my three kids August 2-7! I’m considering DAH as well. Not sure about cost though when we’ve already spent so much time in MK. We shall see.

So exciting! I hope you love the WL. I'm a big fan. It's so cozy and beautiful! And how exciting that you can make DAH happen! I was so disappointed to see that the summer dates they added were just a few days either side of our August trip, and there wasn't any way to make it happen for us. So I definitely understand why you added days to your trip!

Very exciting! Always love WL. Went like 5 years in a row before starting to try different places. Always my favorite.. Also congratulations on graduation!! I have a son graduating. #3 of 6 - lol :)

Our trips mirror one another! We both visited in April. We both are going in August! I’m taking my three kids August 2-7! I’m considering DAH as well. Not sure about cost though when we’ve already spent so much time in MK. We shall see.
That is so cool. I hope you all have a wonderful August trip. The DAH is really fun but it is pricey especially with 3 kids. I am not sure of the ages of your kids but it does run late and young ones might have a hard time lasting the 3 extra hours. We did it in February 2017 and loved the low crowd aspect! You all will have a blast either way!
So exciting! That's great that you will be staying at new places and get to experience DAH!!
I’m really excited to stay at new places! I have heard awesome things about WL, have you ever stayed at either of these? The DAH is very enticing so I am glad we can do it this trip!

So exciting! I hope you love the WL. I'm a big fan. It's so cozy and beautiful! And how exciting that you can make DAH happen! I was so disappointed to see that the summer dates they added were just a few days either side of our August trip, and there wasn't any way to make it happen for us. So I definitely understand why you added days to your trip!
I always hear so many positive reviews about WL so I am very excited. I am justifying the added days by saying Andi needs this before college:rotfl2:
Very exciting! Always love WL. Went like 5 years in a row before starting to try different places. Always my favorite.. Also congratulations on graduation!! I have a son graduating. #3 of 6 - lol :)
:thanks: Glad you loved the WL, I am really excited to stay there:yay:, wow 6 kids, congratulations on that! Andi is my baby so this is bittersweet for sure.

I’m really excited to stay at new places! I have heard awesome things about WL, have you ever stayed at either of these? The DAH is very enticing so I am glad we can do it this trip!

I've never even visited WL sadly! But I have stayed at Pop twice and I really liked it! And now that it has been renovated I'm sure it's even better!

We are going back to WDW in August:dancer:. I decided to renew our AP’s. I did some research and it was quite a bit cheaper to renew even for the one trip next year, especially when you include the memory maker, which I love!!

So the wheels started turning and I called our TA to see about dates in August. The TA exclusive deal starts 8/15 and this was when we could go. He was able to reserve the WL for 8/15 to 8/20 for us at a great price.

Yay!! We will be there at the end of your trip! We are staying at All Star Sports Aug 17-25.

I've never even visited WL sadly! But I have stayed at Pop twice and I really liked it! And now that it has been renovated I'm sure it's even better!
I have only been over at WL one time to look at the lobby so it will be very new to us, yay! We stayed one night at Pop in 2016 so this will also be pretty new to us!
Yay!! We will be there at the end of your trip! We are staying at All Star Sports Aug 17-25.
Yay!:welcome: Glad to have you joining in. Awesome for an August trip for you as well. Maybe we can meet up. Let’s keep in touch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter