Discounts on an already paid trip?

dismoose23

Mouseketeer
Hey everyone! I just noticed the fall deals for Wilderness Lodge packages. I have already paid off the trip and was wondering if Disney could do anything for me. I am assuming the answer is no. Disney has their money from me and I will just have to be more vigilant next time when watching for discounts. Let me know if any of you had success with either getting money back or maybe Disney gift cards. Thanks.

Hey everyone! I just noticed the fall deals for Wilderness Lodge packages. I have already paid off the trip and was wondering if Disney could do anything for me. I am assuming the answer is no. Disney has their money from me and I will just have to be more vigilant next time when watching for discounts. Let me know if any of you had success with either getting money back or maybe Disney gift cards. Thanks.

If what you have booked is available under the discount, you can have the discount applied to your reservation. The amount will then be credited back to your cc (or gift card, if that's what you used to pay for your trip).

Hi there! :) I'm thinking that unless you are past your refundable deposit date, you should be able to simply cancel and then rebook at the lower rate -- being sure that you've found and confirmed the new rate before you cancel the old booking. We did this for the trip we took in April...we originally booked a package with a pin code and actually paid it off, but then about 2 months before our trip we decided to get APs and found an even better AP rate. So I booked the new AP rate, room-only trip, and then cancelled the package. I did have to call in to cancel the package, and the CM cautioned me that it could take 7-10 business days for the refund to hit our credit card, so be sure to take that into consideration if balance limits are an issue.

If it were a huge savings you were going to get, you might even consider letting a small(ish) non-refundable deposit amount go so that you can book at the cheaper rate. For example, I could see our family letting a couple hundred dollars go if it were going to save us a lot more (maybe $800 or $1000ish).

HTH! :)

If what you have booked is available under the discount, you can have the discount applied to your reservation. The amount will then be credited back to your cc (or gift card, if that's what you used to pay for your trip).

Yes, this is true as well...I should have included that in my last response. We haven't had much luck with this in the past, but many people have, so definitely try that option first. :)

Yes, this is true as well...I should have included that in my last response. We haven't had much luck with this in the past, but many people have, so definitely try that option first. :)
You could also book the new trip and have guest services transfer the money to the new reservation. As long as your transferring from package to package or room only to room only.

You could also book the new trip and have guest services transfer the money to the new reservation. As long as your transferring from package to package or room only to room only.

Ah, good to know! I guess that's why they couldn't simply transfer my money...I was going from a package to a room only reservation. Thanks for the info! :)

Ah, good to know! I guess that's why they couldn't simply transfer my money...I was going from a package to a room only reservation. Thanks for the info! :)
Yeah for some reason they can't do that, but they will refund your money. It usually takes about 5 business days to show on your card if you decide to cancel and rebook. I know it's stressful especially if you've paid thousands of dollars, but in the end it all works out and you'll save money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter