Disabled Parking at the Studios During Construction

Dl9aaO6UcAInj46.jpg

Just another updated photo of the DHS construction. I thought that the tram to DHS park was still using the same loop, but in the photo above I see a van and a truck in the tram loop. This photo is looking from the DHS park toward the construction with the DHS park gates and security gates in the lower right corner. And to the right of security gates is the previous tram stops.

I can see the Disney gondola station and restroom building above along with more covered canopies of the new DHS stops. It is a little more difficult from this angle to see the temporary DHS bus stops, but I can see the slither of white sidewalk in the distance.

Thanks, Ray for all your attention on this.

OK - maybe it's just me, but the walk doesn't look *that bad* from that angle...
Keep in mind that the picture is taken with a telephoto lens/ Phone camera using zoom. That tends to make things look closer than they are.
That said - we’ve been dropped off near that spot multiple times and it’s not really that bad.

OK - maybe it's just me, but the walk doesn't look *that bad* from that angle...

Part of it is that it is a long walk in comparison to where you used to be dropped off. I hate how far you have to walk from the bus stop at the Animal Kingdom and it looks like this will be the same thing. Walking to the park isn't so bad, walking back out when you are tired is no fun.

The bioreconstruct photo below shows the Disney Tram DHS park drop-off. joelkfla enlarged the photo for me and added the red and blue lines.

The tram pickup is in the red rectangle. Basically, it only goes as far as the Television lot. The walking path thru the construction fences is in blue.

Just below the center of the red rectangle, you can see a few cars stopped facing the tram. I believe that's the current Uber/Lyft drop-off; if not, it's in one of the rows to the left. I think Minnie Vans are using the same location, but that's just an assumption.

upload_2018-9-2_11-18-13-png.347738

The new Disney Bus Stop canopies look very large compared to the old small ones that appear to have already been taken down. bioreconstruct says Disney is adding a third row of canopies to the bus stop, too. Except for a few old canopies in the construction zone next to the new Disney Gondola Station.

DmBcEHnWsAEC3mQ.jpg

Third bus shelter rising at left in new bus plaza at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

41195655_1830139803748869_6302001304352849920_n.jpg

Last edited:
DmlVm-RX4AA172z.jpg

bioreconstruct,
Pile of old pavement as the tram stop is redone at Disney's Hollywood Studios

So much for keeping and using the old Disney Tram stop. I wonder if they will rebuild it bigger or put the handicap parking closer in this space?

I was just at Hollywood this past week and from what I could tell the handicap spot looked to be in the red box.

Attachments

• F598D92D-2D18-4BFD-95C4-275991D43746.jpeg
    F598D92D-2D18-4BFD-95C4-275991D43746.jpeg
    54.5 KB · Views: 17

I was just at Hollywood this past week and from what I could tell the handicap spot looked to be in the red box.

Here today. That red area you marked is full of Minnie Vans, cones, CM and looks like a drop off. We parked in area I marked red. Walked orange until we met up with bus guests (many who were complaining of walk). Our car was far up at yellow spot (I lucked out because many rows were full after that - and it was 8 minute walk to security at a brisk pace. All out in sun with a few benches in shade of fence.

D8DB1E5E-156B-4A08-8EEC-CE81E44DB774.jpeg 7338F442-D9A4-4F0F-B090-E39D06132024.jpeg

Here today. That red area you marked is full of Minnie Vans, cones, CM and looks like a drop off. We parked in area I marked red. Walked orange until we met up with bus guests (many who were complaining of walk). Our car was far up at yellow spot (I lucked out because many rows were full after that - and it was 8 minute walk to security at a brisk pace. All out in sun with a few benches in shade of fence.

View attachment 349654 View attachment 349655
I took the bus each day I was there and it was about a 10 minute walk for me ( I do not walk that fast but not that slow either from the bus stop Saturday was my last day so I drive and was in row 47 and I passed the handicap spots and preferred parking ( I was in the first non preferred parking row the walk Saturday was just 5 minutes and I was pretty far down the row too. but the walk is long for sure

If anyone want to know where the busses drops you off I makes my location when I was waiting for me ( I think this was the MK one. The walk is a long ways away

Attachments

• 1C288AA4-4318-4DE2-8F96-4CBE68701FA2.jpeg
    1C288AA4-4318-4DE2-8F96-4CBE68701FA2.jpeg
    48.3 KB · Views: 13
DnKBREeW0AE23L1.jpg

bioreconstruct‏ says first Gondola hanging out at Disney Skyliner DHS station.

DnKXnqRWsAAmu_F.jpg

Latest area of Disney's Hollywood Studios parking to be repaved.

DnKXJKcVYAAisSd.jpg

New toll plaza for the new entrance to Disney's Hollywood Studios parking.

DD4DE0E3-7C48-4125-83BB-5BEFBE3E8359.jpeg

WDW News Today says,t accommodate continuing construction and road work in the Disney's Hollywood Studios parking lot, a new temporary road and auto plaza will welcome guests ...

dhs_guestaccess-700x394.jpg

Touring Plans Blog, To the left is Disney's Art of Animation Resort. In the center of the new entrance way is the toll plaza.

DgZn3DMV4AAzXhC.jpg

bioreconstruct, Aerial view of new day guest parking toll plaza at Disney's Hollywood Studios.…

DhdKzZtVQAEcWfq.jpg

dhs-new-entrance.jpg

bioreconstruct‏ says, It's odd that 2 bus shelters are close together at the new DHS plaza. Will it be a Minnie Van lane? 2nd photo at MK bus plaza.

DnvEqXqW4AEljk9.jpg

At another park.
DnvEryuX0AE0X7w.jpg

DrFyPt_X0AASGNY.jpg:large

Last edited:
When is parking lot/bus stop constuction expected to be be complete. We had to reschedule our trip from November to May 2019. Hoping it will all be done for the Studios 30th on May 1st!

When is parking lot/bus stop constuction expected to be be complete. We had to reschedule our trip from November to May 2019. Hoping it will all be done for the Studios 30th on May 1st!

Hi, Disneylvr. I don't know an estimated date, but it sure looks like they are coming along as far as the bus stops and new entrance and gondolas.

We were there at the beginning of October. The walk is pretty significant. Our bus dropped us off at the bus drop off that was the furthest from the entrance. It was a hot, sunny day and there is no shade. My husband uses a rollator. It took us a long time to get to the entrance. Much further than from the old handicapped parking and even if you parked in the regular parking lot the trams didn’t get close.
Next time we go we will be at Boardwalk for a a bit before moving off site. We will only go to Studios by boat. Not bus or car.

We just got back from an 8 day stay at WDW. We took the bus once from Bay Lake Tower and drove our car one evening after we had moved to a different resort. The disabled parking cut off about 1/3 of the walk from the bus parking. Since we parked in the afternoon, we just took our chances at actually finding a disabled space, but were pretty lucky to find one in the 2nd row. On our bus day, the bus driver acknowledged the long walk when he dropped us off, but cautioned us to not walk too fast in the heat and to take our time after the park closed as the buses would run until the last person is out of the park. All around it was a great trip. Loved walking from BLT to MK and taking the monorail from Contemporary to Epcot. The only other time we drove was to go to AK and the disabled parking there is always good.

We were there last weekend and parked in the HC lot and it seemed to be the same lot we have always parked in, it just took us longer to get there because of the new entrance. Interestingly, as we were driving there we noted that the overflow HC parking area now has traditional HC spots, with the lined areas for ramps which I was truly happy with. They seem to have doubled or tripled the available HC parking at least for now. I am crossing my fingers that will stay past the construction.

Photo taken 11/9 from opposite angle by @bioreconstruct shows same location, but slightly shorter more direct walking route to the entrance.

Minnie Van pick-up & Mears taxi stand is now in the 1st row of the newly-paved lot. Uber & Lyft are still out beyond the tram pickup.

View attachment 366242

Thank you, joelkfla. Your photo shows they have already finished painting the new handicap parking spaces that took up the old bus pick-up and drop-off areas. I wonder if that under construction area will be the new tram turn around in the future. It sort of has a similar space.

I see the old bus operator's building where I used to pass the soda machines on the way to the DHS entrance minus the roof. I remember I used to walk past the building on the left along the construction fence to catch the old Pop Century Resort bus.

The Disney Gondola station roof looks more complete, too.

I'll miss not seeing the Christmas tree at the entrance, but I can see it inside DHS in the center of the lake. That should look pretty cool.

upload_2018-11-19_17-50-57-jpeg.366242

upload_2018-11-19_17-50-57-jpeg.366242

Yes, the new handicap parking (actually the old handicap parking) opened about a week ago. The area that was being used is still open as overflow handicap parking. I think DHS now has the most handicap parking of any park.

I think the area still dug up will be the tram loop. The bus office is old and in bad shape; I assume it will eventually be demolished and bus operations moved to the new building on the opposite side of the Skyliner station.

Just a different view of the new handicap parking.
DrqJgTnUwAAvME3.jpg

DrqJir3UUAAo_zc.jpg

bioreconstruct‏ @bioreconstruct Nov 10
The repaved and redone medical lot opened today at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Aerial yesterday.

DsOXbRYXQAE42Mw.jpg

bioreconstruct‏ @bioreconstruct Nov 17
Palm trees lined up along the transportation plaza walkway at Disney's Hollywood Studios

It looks like they have planted palm trees to guide guests from the bus stops to the DHS park entrance.

DrpBQ2uVAAAl6DL.jpg

The old entrance to the DHS park for parking

bioreconstruct‏ @bioreconstruct Nov 10
Aerial view of the original toll plaza at Disney's Hollywood Studios. It closed Wednesday, this photo Friday shows asphalt already removed.

DrmsAJuUcAAf4Xz.jpg

bioreconstruct‏ @bioreconstruct Nov 9
Aerial view of the landscaping and construction progress of the new bus loops at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

DrmpM8FUcAE5DCT.jpg

bioreconstruct‏ @bioreconstruct Nov 9
Aerial view showing how traffic flows with the new parking access at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Opened yesterday. Note also that markings have been painted for new spots where traffic used to flow from original entrance (from top right).

DrfAk35XQAIPCTv.jpg

bioreconstruct‏ @bioreconstruct Nov 8
Arrows in this aerial show the new and original entrances to parking at Disney's Hollywood Studios. The only exit for cars now is also seen at left edge of the lot.

How things have changed from December 2016 to December 2018 for the DHS parking and bus stops from these bioreconstruct photos.

1H5QoY4xk541VqB_BAZbK0xweTOVJl68zfa-Pg-D7vo5Lw7oCnkc56-Z6hdsXzofzYTHvN7SqwnKZ5qH_NXjMUtD8JjEwTxjHM5BjInIRtSKfNAcDCYOIlFFqBqxLoQqwfFEx_NXHRSxxXkoaYMC2n-MHCj2nV865OtKUrFtgTl3kNzKz98JUfZpJwFI9imWjWsWjXsjczbtjM0gmH_PXXilgGqoRsNWd1QDDZuL9p9Ym_mubYZfR1ZJC0v2jIv64u6KCs3qW_zbdsV3cFPylMMabtF1T56e0hgAYE75kPb6KULII45wa-4Va9N53XHCKzA5dV3YDREB0Y2tPQv_sAKDeUclO-vzl6xQr-DeU7Ofm16N5eDIY99hYlxjqD5ONVjm1fKTr70_xMzcsGnCO47d2qe5VQFo6Ld3aZqVKc_l1Q9hzRn2WrBEZkm1kMgs82urP9JaS5tehUneg0ToVWnR9JuRORp1kA6hPL9QuVeBoTNN-0gzLzGohVRCeYfiRC7jasNuK76rIV-DHvwX4CUyKwCM_04cgKDlrqJojwO-Ab-1Kp1_qHK-CR4LvSnd5JSn9PlxZC0FIvsAUlp6x6V7WjlLX5FGKAorWZkwOLqYaH7gAHwKAXYZC7n3xMyFM6Qpvc_01wHonLKdoGTMtEdb=w1200-h675-no

Remember this view from December 2016?
The old Disney DHS Tram drop off.
The old Disney DHS "U"-shaped bus stops with the Handicap Parking in the center.
The old Disney DHS long stretch of bus stops for non-Disney resorts and the sidewalk to EPCOT that started near the right.
No Disney Gondola construction, etc.

Jv5h3fiBby11YHi93FClJ0dSNS33mW4xNPj6gv5I_F4q64uZqViYb0t-Y4gCiVnHfGASNvhIYraFxYtFDHhZfb329Lv2ps9XB-kom4Yl0ADXCnXIX3_sIU6Tb9YS5n0Qy-hokL9ZPUY9U6s5my55nx1Bcui1ibZLxY-UVlyodwkdeIq5RSC_3px2hcSXCgH_S6mM6xBVv4GJcly6EIy3Q1Cb4CrpMskAK_F1HIef3-aGe6pvT7zgnN-2IZbz7wTmEMoRBnLQv5vgLtemH0rjsTNtqdhJmbSQh_WTsEqsxQ1h1ki_Lq3wy6ODeIzf-9JeQF2ubtqujJx7Z1W4Mn6Zi8Y4tUDCSVWQEO5cG2p74MOwBJnM8Z94xsdB_R1rWOGDZjFL9fxC1CP46IqCEaE-68TKUyUYVBH-mltRw0dhp7VesDEZ_iZL5Dx2ncmSMqYZPOlZq_J5bThJOcIGCVLRilfyT9Y7oTUhxYN3sustkes5sm4WJRI_jVIu-RB1zQe7ZZI2Fr50ojG-zbvNqdFJGJihrxlz7ef7s0Z52SnntvBsn2vDhzBK_1AlChu2jyF0zhCkLT2uuM_IbA8GMKSn4LInd3FKR76GfWO5npUiqtJ9gvQHHTOV3tG99ADvsz-T93A2YxnB9MMAS-K9aewWNYsD=w1200-h675-no

And now the new DHS construction from December 2018.
The new Disney DHS Tram drop off under construction.
The new Disney DHS Gondola construction and new bathroom building.
The new Disney DHS Handicap Parking area.
The new Disney DHS bus stops under construction with canopies.
The new Disney DHS temporary bus stops for Disney Guests that may change to bus stops for non-Disney resorts
The new Disney DHS construction and temporary bypass sidewalk to EPCOT that is now completed.
Not in the photo the new DHS Guest car entrance and DHS bus entrance gates.

_SwJ7kuvRW591P2yjfd-EaGCdt3ES40kNyFoIFqYEUsdA2AgR7duHOb4ZPKE71GpcgmRrFoF7A9KgI4vg-06pM3DRN6aZHKeiqY73_aOzjFTjlF1kCSJhnjyJodhugcK-N6rp528EgQWT5T_m9axPCpxrAaf5wWv2afHn3bxdvoev_iEwXy05b-EgfVoyis-tmx7bzHb2e5XDYtWJKtIZeEfUFiNUx1B1NNlrNagxqcXKeYPpmnj3FvaRfR2jSMQpClEKmLpPJdUCegVdVj1WMuqVCBkaR5dF1pZ88roBSuz6NQvemdKfvpaiEQtIPOWoqyxU140nADoyPBJ-vQrx3znmfeEOdT15cyfadnO5oA6otj0GpWhDLWNI0cFGsdg60P8STpbmKQ-adBttC7r7w6eq_G-6WUfjcTPM-kWLmIKQmRkWxrzjdbtkHJsLvLQFGL7FW4gBeNPDqwXVtPoi5QrsE3okoNh1xLzbJ_EYlu6LG58ju6ed5FQ2bf1jx_9a_102a-BjM4vzAiBO1z8DHeASL1YQ3KhTqDXAJf7G54NaUMc-WK3z3pZopWPLKXxnVG4DYLrYU5kxEBebTNcgE_e7ep0Xu2ZhqSl1_YhGSag3RBs43RGWZdHeQigMdpvuRMTTzU6lBhX872F2hBHtd7L=w1200-h385-no

It is hard to believe that all of this empty space from December 2016 is now DHS parking. They even removed the trees and water canals.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter