Disabled Parking at the Studios During Construction

Disneylvr

Always Disney Dreaming!
I understand that the disabled parking lot at the Studios has been relocated. Does anyone know where it is and how much further the distance is from the entrance?

Updated, 08/18/2018.

I noticed that Robo made some maps of the temporary bus dropoff/pickup areas. He says that they are not going to use old irregular u-shaped Disney Bus pickup/dropoff area that we are all used to using.

The first several maps don't show the newer map, but I thought that I would just show it for reference and what it used to look like.

Robo's first map below shows where the DHS park entrance is located, and where the security entrance is located, and where the Disney Tram is located

It also shows the old irregular shaped area of the now under construction Disney Bus pickup/drop/off is located, and where the old Accessible Parking is located between the old Disney Bus pickup/dropoff.

This Robo map is just for reference for the next photo. Ignore the blue and purple lines. I am trying to lead up to where the temporary Disney Bus dropoff/pickup will be located. So bear with me with the next couple of old photos. This map is PRE-CONSTRUCTION before everything started moving.

DHS-Upper_032817_zpstvkimmis.jpg

This Robo photo is not updated, but it shows where everything used to be located

The green line shows the old irregular u-shaped Disney Bus pickup/dropoff area with the accessible parking in between. I can barely make out the small blue building where the Disney bus driver's office is located with soda machines on the other side of the building. One side comes out and bends to the right on the photo. I can see each one of the old canopies at each bus stop. On the left is the Disney Tram route and on the right side is the old accessible parking lot. On the other side is the walkway for the other Disney bus stops and then turns down on the photo.

The purple line shows where folks used to be able to walk the sidewalks from DHS to BWV, EPCOT, etc..

Remember, these maps are PRE-CONSTRUCTION before everything started moving.

dhs-f-paths_032918-jpg.312458

Here is another photo of the PRE-CONSTRUCTION aerial view of where the bus loop and accessible parking was located. You can see the bus stop canopies surrounding the accessible parking. Then the strip for the other non-Disney bus stops is pretty clear. Below that, I forgot that they had an overflow for accessible parking. That is a lot of accessible parking spaces in toto.

hp004-disneys-hollywood-studios-handicapped-parking.jpg

The map above is PRE-CONSTRUCTION before everything started moving.

Rteez shows another map below looking in the opposite direction toward DHS.

Blue is the Disney bus loop area currently in use. Red is the new Disney bus loop still under construction. Green is the old charter bus area now closed. Park entrance is not pictured but towards the upper right. The yellow line is the new path from the Epcot resorts.

The only time I passed the green area before was to use the sidewalk to BWV. The far yellow thin line shows where the sidewalk leaves the parking area along the lake to the BWV. From the photo below they have changed that entrance to the sidewalk where the small yellow arrow is shown.

I don't know where the Disney Minnie Vans dropoff/pickup. yulilin3 said,
Drop off area for regular vehicles, lyft, uber, is now the front of the old CM parking lot, so yes, it would be closer than the bus loop at the moment

Another person, Jbw, says,
The new temporary bus stops are in the middle of what used to be the Mickey Stage Lot (half of the lot nearest the tram Lane is now handicap parking, the other half is not the bus stops).
Minnie Van as of now drops off and picks up with the regular Lyft and Uber in the Minnie Television. The walk to it is compatible with the buses.

These maps show IN PROGRESS CONSTRUCTION.

1eaa9aa3-60ff-4452-bc78-a2d718d2db2d-jpg.344198

Robo posted another map of the temporary blue line sidewalk from DHS to Epcot going through the temporary Disney bus stop's loop and cutting back to the right in the photo. The old path in purple dashes that everyone is used to using.

dhs-bus-terminal-july-18-paths-jpg.344240

bioreconstruct-3_map_crop-jpg.355526

Jackie Gailey - Senior Content Director, wrote the following article at http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/temporary-bus-stops-at-hollywood-studios-farther-from-entrance-than-youd-think/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed:+disney-updates+(Disney+Updates+-+wdwinfo.com) about a guest's comment on the walk on a very hot afternoon.

Disney’s Pop Century Resort which was assigned to the bus stop number one... the Deluxe Resorts were assigned the highest numbers; 23, 24, 25, etc. on the other side...

This photo looks like the Pop Century side of the Disney bus loop looking toward the DHS park.

DHS-New-Bus-Stop-Sign-Skyliner.jpg

Dk5d0rEXcAIRdtZ.jpg

In the next photo, I see the number one listed at one entrance to the queue on the concrete and on a pole next to the umbrella. The next queue, I see an accessible symbol on the concrete. Other photos show that this is not a mainstream queue, unfortunately. But maybe they will be on the new Disney bus stop loop.

DHS-New-Bust-Stop-Sign.jpg

This has all been very interesting. I look forward to finding out more information from other folks.

I found some other photos of the bus stops from wdwnt.

It looks like the furthermost bus stops from the DHS park is number one, Pop Century and the furthermost bus stop on the other side of the loop is number 25, Fort Wilderness.

Actually, the number 26 bus stop is the furthermost bus stop. But it is called the "Drop Off" bus stop. I guess this might be the temporary spot for guest drivers to drop of folks and maybe for the Disney Minnie Vans. I don't know for sure, but it is called the drop off stop.

The map below shows the Disney bus stop numbers on both sides of the temporary loop.

The blue line represents the bus direction.

On one si

Screen-Shot-2018-08-13-at-8.37.01-AM.png

This is a photo of the temporary load zones directions.

FullSizeRender-6.jpg

Last edited:
I think that last map is the one to focus on... My question is, if you come in at #25 from FW, do you have to walk ALL THE WAY BACK AROUND that "loop"? Or will you be allowed to shortcut over?

Wait - bonus question: Would it just be better (as in less walking) to take the boat from Epcot IG (or one of the Hotels in between) to HS?

Hi, mamabunny. That blue line should be the direction that the Disney Bus enters and stops at the bus stop and then exits.

If you look at the fourth map down, you will either walk down the left or right side to your specific bus stop.

The line on that particular fourth map, Robo is just showing the new way to get to the BWV via the sidewalk. But if you look closely you could walk the blue line to catch the bus or the other side without the blue line. Like the old Disney Bus pickup/dropoff, there was a building where you had to decide to walk left or right to get to the buses. And the Disney buses traveled around the perimeter and the old Accessible Parking was in the middle of the bus perimeter. If that makes sense.

I like taking the boat just for the breeze and being on the water. But, I also like taking the sidewalk because it is nice and wide and a pleasant stroll.

As you know the boat has to stop at the Swan/Dolphin and then the Beach/Yacht Club and then the Boardwalk before it reaches EPCOT's International Gateway.

I have seen most people post that on a hot, Summer day and walking from the DHS back to the bus can be hard for some people not used to it. Especially when there are no benches and shade available and you have to go the furthest to the bus stops at Pop Century or Fort Wilderness.

I think that the last map is the one to focus on... My question is if you come in at #25 from FW, do you have to walk ALL THE WAY BACK AROUND that "loop"? Or will you be allowed to shortcut over?

Wait - bonus question: Would it just be better (as in less walking) to take the boat from Epcot IG (or one of the Hotels in between) to HS?

I found some more aerial photos posted by GADisneyDad14. They really show a bird's eye view of the space of the accessible parking lot that is being used now, the temporary bus stops, the new under construction bus stops, the new under construction gondola station, and the temporary sidewalk path from DHS to BWV.

On my laptop, it says that you can click on the photo with your mouse to enlarge each photo if want to see everthing more clear.

Dk39l1fVsAAPuy0.jpg

I will try and describe what I see in this photo. These are just my opinions.

Starting at the "top right" of the photo, I see the main entrance to the DHS park with security entrance.

Immediately to the left of that is the Disney Tram loop area that I don't think is being used. It looks like a small race track.

IMG_9746.jpg

Photo added 09/22/2018 by wdwnt.

Then things start to change as construction takes over. I see the little blue building where the Disney bus drivers have a little office and where the signs would show where all the resort bus stops were by numbers. On the other side of the building was a soda machine area.

I can see the old irregular, u-shaped Disney bus stops radiating out from the Disney bus drivers station that is no longer being used. It is pretty small in the photo.

I can see the old Disney bus stop canopies as they stretch out next to the tram loop and then makes a slight turn to the left. In the center was where the old accessible parking lot was located.

On the other side, further to the left, is where the old Disney bus stops used to be. It is not as clear because of the different walls dividing the area. I can see at least three bus stop canopies.

Then further to the left is more construction area.

The new temporary Disney bus stops are not in this photo but are further to the left.

And finally, on the far left is the new, temporary accessible parking lot. I have no idea if this is permanent. I only see that this is where it located during construction.

Jbw, says...The new temporary bus stops are in the middle of what used to be the Mickey Stage Lot parking area.

The temporary Disney bus stops are not in this photo but are located further to the left.

It appears that those blue/green things are walls delineating where the walkways are located from the temporary accessible parking lot to the front of the DHS park.

In the construction area in the photo, it looks like the "large blue" building is the new Disney gondola station under construction.

And I think the white building below with the yellow arrow is supposed to be the new restroom building.

I don't know why the other yellow arrow is pointing to the Disney Tram route.

Dk4CdIaUUAMpEkC.jpg

The above photo is an aerial view looking back toward the DHS park.

At the "very top" of the photo shows new, temporary accessible parking lot that used to be the Mickey Stage Lot parking area.

At the far right of the photo is a white building that may be the construction of the new restrooms next to the lake.

Immediately to the left of that is the construction of the new bus loop and bus stops with some of the covered shelters over some of the bus stops.

Immediately to the left of that is the present temporary bus loop with Disney bus stops.

I see the bus at the bottom of the Pop Century Resort temporary bus stop and the temporary sidewalk with walls leading to the lake where the sidewalk continues to the BWV and EPCOT. It looks like you may have to cross a small construction road.

It looks like to me the construction of the new Disney bus loop and bus stops is coming along very quickly.

Dk3_xOjUwAIzgPH.jpg

In this photo on the far right is the accessible parking area for now with the yellow arrow pointing to it and the temporary Disney bus loop and bus stops above and new construction of the new Disney bus loop and Disney gondola station next to the lake.

The arrow on the left looks like where the construction begins at the lake and all of the blue lines are walls to walk between and a few bus canopies where the old bus stops used to be located.

To the far left is the DHS park entrance.

Dk4B3z5U0AAKSIp.jpg

The new Disney bus stops loop appears to be coming along quickly. It looks like they are building canopies that are larger and continuous over the new bus stops. I just hope that they build them like MK bus queues with the metal mainstream accessible gates at each bus stop.
Dk5dbT1WwAAUvwq.jpg

The photo from deconstruct shows a closer look at the construction site at DHS. I can see the old bus loop stop shade covers. The walkway has dark walls enclosing the walkway from DHS park to the new temporary bus loop that is not in this photo. I also see the old bus loop stops on the bottom left next to the construction equipment. I hadn't noticed this close-up before.

Dk5dMOtXcAELtcv.jpg

Just another photo showing the old bus stop behind the construction wall.

Hollywood-Studios-Construction1.jpg

Hollywood-Studios-Construction4.jpg

Last edited:

265C3703-2687-45EB-B1E4-2F915A98BEC7.jpeg I think you did a good job explaining the photos, RaySharpton and I agree with all your guesses.

During our trip in April this year, when we left the Studio, the buses were using the ‘old’ bus loop.
But, every trip to the park from our resort, our bus dropped us off at the stops in this photo.

Well based on all of Ray's *excellent* recon, I'm going to plan on either driving our car, or taking the boat from Epcot IG or one of the Resorts along that waterway... I think that will shorten the amount of travel the most.

Thanks, Ray! You are really on top of this! :)

Thank you for all of your photos. Does anybody know when this "temporary" bus loop will be done along with a permanent area for disabled parking? We always thought the disabled parking lot was too small at HS and are hoping the new one will be bigger.

Thank you for all of your photos. Does anybody know when this "temporary" bus loop will be done along with a permanent area for disabled parking? We always thought the disabled parking lot was too small at HS and are hoping the new one will be bigger.

I have seen other people post the new bus loop might be finished by the early months of 2019, but that is just rumor. The photos sure do look like the construction is coming along pretty fast with some of the bus stop shelter roofs showing in the photos.

I have not read nor have I heard anything about the newly accessible parking area. But I was looking at the space between the temporary accessible parking and all of that construction space all of the way to the tram pick up area near the front of the DHS park. It seems like they could make the accessible parking closer to the park and larger with the extra space that is in the photos. I don't know. I'm just guessing.

Dk4B3z5U0AAKSIp.jpg

Last edited:
Why are they moving the new bus stop so much farther away from the gates?

Why are they moving the new bus stop so much farther away from the gates?
I don’t know for sure, but I think it might be to move all of the transportation to the same general area.
I would not be surprised to see them build new security screening areas near there so guests getting off the buses and the new cable cars would get screening done as they are arriving at the park. That would leave the guests arriving by parking lot tram or walking from parking to be screened closer to where the current screening is.

The previous bus loop area and the handicapped parking were both pretty small for the amount of bus traffic and number of guests with handicapped permits. We frequently found that lot full when we got to the Studio and guests using that lot had to cross bus traffic to enter the park.
(Play, people circling the parking area looking for a spot).

...But I was looking at the space between the temporary accessible parking and all of that construction space all of the way to the tram pick up area near the front of the DHS park. It seems like they could make the accessible parking closer to the park and larger with the extra space that is in the photos. I don't know. I'm just guessing.

Dk4B3z5U0AAKSIp.jpg

Based on what we see in that photo, I presume that (for now, anyway) the construction company is using that area for staging materials and parking equipment, and there could be other provident purposes that we simply can't see from here :)

It's really interesting to me that Disney went to a LOT of trouble - not to mention the expense; concrete aint cheap! - to create that temporary bus loop when (again, it appears from here) that they could have possibly re-arranged the construction schedule and some of the construction areas, and waited for the new bus loop to be complete. At that point, they could have simply shifted directly from the old to the new in one move and without the expense of building - and then destroying! - the temporary loop. But, all we can do is speculate from this vantage point...

It's always startling to me when I see them build a structure like that temporary bus loop, and then destroy it a few months later!

Based on what we see in that photo, I presume that (for now, anyway) the construction company is using that area for staging materials and parking equipment, and there could be other provident purposes that we simply can't see from here :)

It's really interesting to me that Disney went to a LOT of trouble - not to mention the expense; concrete aint cheap! - to create that temporary bus loop when (again, it appears from here) that they could have possibly re-arranged the construction schedule and some of the construction areas, and waited for the new bus loop to be complete. At that point, they could have simply shifted directly from the old to the new in one move and without the expense of building - and then destroying! - the temporary loop. But, all we can do is speculate from this vantage point...

It's always startling to me when I see them build a structure like that temporary bus loop, and then destroy it a few months later!
I think the ‘temporary’ bus loop will not actually be temporary.
On our trip last Spring, we were dropped off near there every trip to the Studio (our trips are generally 14 days, so we went by bus and also car a number of times).
When we went last Fall, we were occasionally dropped off at the same location.

It’s hard to tell from the ground, but I think the area we were dropped off at looks like it is now in the construction area for the new bus loop. That area was used for drop off, but was also the pick/drop off up point for buses to other parks and (after 4) pick up to Disney Springs. Across from those were (I believe) the off-site buses and taxis.
It wasn’t really a bus loop - it was like a road with stops.

My guess is that the new ‘temporary’ loop will eventually become the ‘overflow’ or other park/Disney Springs loop as well as the place for off-site buses. That would put all of the buses in one area with loops so guests don’t have to cross traffic.

I also found the photo with “overflow Handicapped Parking”. We will see what happens when we go this Fall, but in all the times we tried to park in the small handicapped parking and found it full, we were told our only option was to drop our daughter off and circle back to park in the regular lot.

This map shows "PRE-CONSTRUCTION and NOT in progress construction.

This photo is from my earlier posting, and it shows what it looked like before construction with the original bus loop with canopies and the handicap parking in the center of the original bus loop.

I don't even remember all of that land that is now being used to build the Disney gondola station and restroom buildings.

I do remember using that sidewalk that they call in this photo, "Epcot Resorts-Hollywood Studios Connector" after leaving DHS park at night. It had a very wide sidewalk and it was well lighted. In December the weather was usually very pleasant. Just a good way to end the day instead of the crowded line to the boat launch.

And I remember passing the non-Disney resort's bus stops without canopies along the way.

This map shows "PRE-CONSTRUCTION and NOT in progress construction.

hp004-disneys-hollywood-studios-handicapped-parking.jpg

Below is showing "IN PROGRESS CONSTRUCTION." I am just trying to show where everything was located before construction and now in progress construction as of this posting.

I too think they will keep the temporary bus stop loop for the non-Disney resorts bus stop. It looks like the other photo without canopies for the non-Disney resorts bus stop.

It looks like the construction of the new bus loop has canopies that cover the whole queue instead of just a little canopy like the old loops.

I just hope that they build it like MK's bus loops with mainstreaming with a metal gate for handicap entry on the last row.

Dk3_xOjUwAIzgPH.jpg

Last edited:
OK - one last weird question! (LOL, come on... y'all should know me by now!)

Looking at these pictures:

FullSizeRender-6.jpg

It *appears* to me that if we took the bus FROM Saratoga or "Maingate" (TTC?) those are at the end of the bus loop that is closest to the main entrance... which means that ARRIVING from either of those locations should put you closest to the entrance to HS.

When leaving at the end of the day, we would still have to slog on past to our Resort's bus stop.

Do we know - are the (incoming to HS) buses FROM the Resorts stopping and dropping at their assigned, numbered stops? Or are they just dumping at the first available spot?

Not a weird question at all, mamabunny. I like the details. That is what the Disney bus loop sign shows. I wonder what it will be like on the regular Disney bus loop?

OK - one last weird question! (LOL, come on... y'all should know me by now!)

Looking at these pictures:

FullSizeRender-6.jpg

It *appears* to me that if we took the bus FROM Saratoga or "Maingate" (TTC?) those are at the end of the bus loop that is closest to the main entrance... which means that ARRIVING from either of those locations should put you closest to the entrance to HS.

When leaving at the end of the day, we would still have to slog on past to our Resort's bus stop.

Do we know - are the (incoming to HS) buses FROM the Resorts stopping and dropping at their assigned, numbered stops? Or are they just dumping at the first available spot?

That is a good question mamabunny. I have had them do that at some of the parks. One time a Disney bus driver told the quests on her bus that she was going to drop us off a little closer to the park, but kept emphacising that we should go to our regular bus stop when going back to our resort.

Another time a Disney bus driver dropped us off closer to a park because he was picking up guests from another resort to go back to their resort.

It doesn't happen often.

I think most of the time they are dropping off and picking up from their designated resorts.

So many changes going on.

Last edited:
IMG_2058-1024x768.jpeg

I just noticed in this photo with the sign at the bottom says, "Trams to parking" directing folks in the same direction as the temporary handicap parking, all buses, etc.. Above the green wall, I see part of the old bus loop with its canopies. So this photo is past the spot where the tram drop-off is normally located. I didn't realize that they were no longer using the old tram drop-off area since it looked in tack in previous photos. Does anyone know if this is true and where the tram drop-off to the DHS park is located?

IMG_2058-1024x768.jpeg

I just noticed in this photo with the sign at the bottom says, "Trams to parking" directing folks in the same direction as the temporary handicap parking, all buses, etc.. Above the green wall, I see part of the old bus loop with its canopies. So this photo is past the spot where the tram drop-off is normally located. I didn't realize that they were no longer using the old tram drop-off area since it looked in tack in previous photos. Does anyone know if this is true and where the tram drop-off to the DHS park is located?

We will be there next week - I will try to get some pictures (if we arrive by bus. We are still STRONGLY considering taking the boat to/from either IG or Boardwalk)

Things change so fast now within some of the construction zones, I'm not sure how long any information we bring back will be accurate!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!