DIS Exclusive Backstage Magic Adventure 12/2 - 12/7/2018 - SOLD OUT!

This is really weird. Not getting up at zero dark thirty to make fastness choices. No planning/:cutie:
The only crazy planning will be if anyone wants to eat at lamplight loungue since those reservations are still hard to come by and are basically required to be booked upon the 60 day out release.

We just booked the VIP Walking Tour at Universal Studio. Only one more reservation to book pre trip and we're all set except for the packing.

No box yet here. But I got a notification on my UPS account that something is arriving tomorrow that was shipped from some company I’ve never heard of from Orlando.

Our ABD box showed up this AM as well. Of course I'm on the road this week but my extremely kind wife is holding off on opening it until I'm home in a couple of days.

No box yet here. But I got a notification on my UPS account that something is arriving tomorrow that was shipped from some company I’ve never heard of from Orlando.

Our ABD box showed up this AM as well. Of course I'm on the road this week but my extremely kind wife is holding off on opening it until I'm home in a couple of days.

Morgan and I opened our box together via FaceTime while Morgan was feeding her almost 2 month old baby girl. That was quite an experience.:rotfl2:

Was it RR Donoley?

No box for us either, but did receive a notification from UPS that a package will be delivered today.

I got my box today too! I got a notification on my phone at work that I received a package from RR Donoley. I was puzzled all day, then I was ecstatic when I got home! 59 days to goooooooo :stitch:

Ok, last reservation made, Chef's Counter Napa Rose on 5 Dec at 5PM. Looking at the schedule we have the afternoon/evening to ourselves so I thought this would be a good night to try this. For those that have done this dining option or this ABD trip before does this slot into a good timeframe? I just don't want to short change our time in the parks to have a 3 hour dinner but we are foodies and couldn't pass this up.

Quick question for the folks who have been on this trip before...

I booked a few pre-days at Disneyland before the adventure. The ABD shuttle is picking me up from the Grand Cal on Sunday the 2nd at 1:00. Has anyone taken this shuttle in the past? I am hoping to catch a Warner Bros studio tour - the last tour of the day starts at 3:30. Their site says the tours are about 3 hours long. I have nothing else going on that Sunday and I am wondering if I should make my own way down to Hollywood earlier in the day to be sure I'm not late for the welcome dinner. If I miss Bob I will never forgive myself!
  1. How long does it take to get from Disneyland to Hollywood? I have heard nightmares about LA traffic.
  2. What time is the dinner on Sunday?
Any help/suggestions greatly appreciated!!!

Andrew

Quick question for the folks who have been on this trip before...

I booked a few pre-days at Disneyland before the adventure. The ABD shuttle is picking me up from the Grand Cal on Sunday the 2nd at 1:00. Has anyone taken this shuttle in the past? I am hoping to catch a Warner Bros studio tour - the last tour of the day starts at 3:30. Their site says the tours are about 3 hours long. I have nothing else going on that Sunday and I am wondering if I should make my own way down to Hollywood earlier in the day to be sure I'm not late for the welcome dinner. If I miss Bob I will never forgive myself!
  1. How long does it take to get from Disneyland to Hollywood? I have heard nightmares about LA traffic.
  2. What time is the dinner on Sunday?
Any help/suggestions greatly appreciated!!!

Andrew
Not sure what time the dinner is but I would plan for the ride up to be about an hour minimum. Weekend traffic can be a bit unpredictable unfortunately.

I’ll be on that shuttle as well since I’m a local and need to have my car at the end to get home.
Anyone else joining us on the shuttle from GCH?

I booked our one dinner reservation for the Blue Bayou for Dec. 5 at 6:20. We are checking in to Loews Hollywood Hotel for 1 pre night. We are flying into John Wayne on Nov. 28. We are going to enjoy a few pre days at Disney and explore other areas around orange county. Since I grew up in the orange county area we are looking forward to this.

Last edited:
Not sure what time the dinner is but I would plan for the ride up to be about an hour minimum. Weekend traffic can be a bit unpredictable unfortunately.

I’ll be on that shuttle as well since I’m a local and need to have my car at the end to get home.
Anyone else joining us on the shuttle from GCH?

The Welcome Dinner is usually at 5:30ish.

I would plan to be ready for dinner by 5ish.

Because of our guest, we have no leeway to alter this.

It is my opinion that you do not have time for a studio tour if using the ABD shuttle.

You won’t get to the Loews until 2pm or later depending on traffic and you will still need to meet the guides and check in.

Different topic...

Got our box and was happy with the quality of the goodies. This has not always been the case.

See ya soon!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!