Dis / Dreams Viking Sea Cruise around Italy 3/24 - 3/31/2018

Quick question I haven't found the answer to: Do you wear your money belt through the body scanner or do you take it off and put it in your carry on? I will have only cash in there, not my passport. I did a search and I could only find a 2010 discussion on flyertalk.

Quick question I haven't found the answer to: Do you wear your money belt through the body scanner or do you take it off and put it in your carry on? I will have only cash in there, not my passport. I did a search and I could only find a 2010 discussion on flyertalk.

My thinking is that you would have to remove it and put it in your carry on...
Personally, I would only wear it when out sightseeing

I never used a money belt, but on our first trip, we used this thing that hung around your neck under your clothing.

I felt like a fool and looked utterly conspicuous trying to get cash out of it.

Treat everywhere you are like a large urban area and beware of pickpockets.

You will be fine.

Last edited:

I never used a money belt, but on our first trip, we used this thing that hung around your neck under your clothing.

I felt like a fool and looked utterly conspicuous trying to get cash out of it.

Teat everywhere you are like a large urban area and beware of pickpockets.

You will be fine.
I have one of those things too, and have exactly that same feeling (of trying to be COVERT, but being totally OVERT, in all reality). Especially being a chick, and constantly reaching into my chestal zone. :lmao:

I have one of those things too, and have exactly that same feeling (of trying to be COVERT, but being totally OVERT, in all reality). Especially being a chick, and constantly reaching into my chestal zone. :lmao:

We have one of those too but only used it once - stopped for similar reasons (well, other than the chestal region scenario)

For this trip we picked up some bags (I got like a sling pack) that have zipper clips and rfid protection and mesh that makes it harder to cut, etc. but yeah, just being aware helps a lot too

I have a hidden wallet story for you.

When I was in Florence in high school I went into a gelato shop. I ordered and while I waited for my gelato to get scooped I dug out a five euro note from my secret money necklace, thinking that would be plenty. Then I look over at what ever I had just ordered and it involves two cones inside of one another several scoops of gelato and cookies sticking out of it. Needless to say I had to dig out my money necklace at the cash register because that gelato concoction cost 14 EUROS!! YIKES!

I’ve never lived down this episode among the people who were there and especially my mom who heard about the whole thing second hand while I was still abroad. Just ask her when you see her!

So not nearly as exciting as the people who have already started their travels ... but we finally were able to get some Euros!

Ordered them through AAA and they were delivered with no fees (including no delivery fee) so all in all it worked out!

Hell hath no fury like a N'orEaster snow storm

1. Our flight from Buffalo to JFK scheduled for Wednesday afternoon was cancelled - no way to get to JFK for our Delta flight out Wednesday night (if it even gets out)

2. Trying to change our flight(s) took me over 10 hours. Four calls to Delta with a 2 hr hold for each call. I found that it's easier to do the search for flights online while on hold. Unfortunately, by the time they get back to you the flights are full except for first class - $9000+ ea extra !!!!

3. Meanwhile, JetBlue flights are selling out faster than Elton John's final concerts

4. Finally got a JetBlue flight out at 5:30am Friday to JFK
5. Delta flight at 3:15pm in the afternoon to MIAMI !!!!
6. Delta flight at 8:20pm to ROME
7. Arrive in Rome Saturday at 11:00am

Working on getting transportation from the airport directly to the cruise port now

We're really sad to miss out on having two days in Rome... but at least we're getting to do the cruise. About 5:00 today I was really doubtful that we'd be able to

Good luck to everyone - safe travels - see you on the ship

Hell hath no fury like a N'orEaster snow storm

1. Our flight from Buffalo to JFK scheduled for Wednesday afternoon was cancelled - no way to get to JFK for our Delta flight out Wednesday night (if it even gets out)

2. Trying to change our flight(s) took me over 10 hours. Four calls to Delta with a 2 hr hold for each call. I found that it's easier to do the search for flights online while on hold. Unfortunately, by the time they get back to you the flights are full except for first class - $9000+ ea extra !!!!

3. Meanwhile, JetBlue flights are selling out faster than Elton John's final concerts

4. Finally got a JetBlue flight out at 5:30am Friday to JFK
5. Delta flight at 3:15pm in the afternoon to MIAMI !!!!
6. Delta flight at 8:20pm to ROME
7. Arrive in Rome Saturday at 11:00am

Working on getting transportation from the airport directly to the cruise port now

We're really sad to miss out on having two days in Rome... but at least we're getting to do the cruise. About 5:00 today I was really doubtful that we'd be able to

Oh my gosh! Glad you got it sorted out - first round is on me when we get to the shop!

I’m so sorry this happened!! I’ll keep all my fingers crossed that it’s smooth sailing for y’all from here! Big Hug!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!