• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dining Reviews 9-17-24

srgibbs

Mouseketeer
We returned Sunday from our trip at POFQ. We just loved this resort and had a great trip with our DS5 and DD2. We def. plan to stay at POFQ again.

9-16- We just had CS at pinocho village haus for lunch and at POFQ for Dinner since it was our first day. Food was good at both.

9-17- Dinner at Tony's at 6:30. We arrived at 6:00 and were seated at 6:20. Waitress was good but not overly friendly. DH had New York strip and salad which he enjoyed and I had Eggplant and Articoke/Cheese dip that was good but not great. DS had pizza and cookie with ice cream which he enjoyed. For Dessert we had to have the dessert sampler which was ok but nothing special. Not our favorite meal but enjoyable.

9-18- Cs was at Tusker house in the Animal Kingdom. DH had Fried Chix Sand. and I had the 1/2 Rot. Chix. Kids just had some snacks that I packed. Food was very good for Cs. Dinner was at Wolfgang Pucks in Downtown Disney. Server was Excellent and so was the food. DH had a Caesar salad and Ribye with cheesecake for dessert. I had Filet with crabcakes and Choc. Fondue for Dessert! Yummy!. DS had pizza again with ice cream dessert. $10 extra tip as Dining plan gives them 18% but not off the total of all the food. Just a cetain amount Disney agrees to Reinburse Rest. which was not nearly 18% of total bill.

9-20-CS again at Resort and Ohana's for Dinner with window seat to watch Magic Kingdom Fireworks. Food and service were excellent. Kids had such fun with games and umbrella's in drinks. EXtra $5 tip given as service was top notch. The Bannana Foster Dessert was soo good here.

9-21-CS at Pechino Bills for burgers at lunch. Dinner was Concourse steakhouse which we loved last year. Waiter met our needs but not friendly and appeared to only care about her tip. No extra left here. DH had French onion soup and Ny Strip. Soup was good but steak overcooked as he ordered M and it was MW. I had the FO soup also which was good and the Filet which I ordered MR and it was over well done. Sent it back and it came out Rare. Server never checked back to see if it was better. DH had Keylime pie which he enjoyed and I had cheesecake which was great. DS had pizza and painters palette cookie which he loved. Do not plan to return here next time.

9-23- Chef Mickey's for Breakfast at 10:40 which was GREAT! Wonderful Service and an extra $5 tip. Food was great and service more than perfect. Characters came by our tables multiple times as the Rest. was not crowded at all during this time. Good B'fast selections. Dinner was at Kona Cafe which was my favorite. DH had steak and crabcakes and I had crabcakes and Macademia Mahi Mahi. DS had Chix and Fries. Service was Excellent and Food incredible!! If you have not eaten here it is a must do. Desset for me was Bannana Foster Creme Brulee and DH had Mickey Mouse waffle cone. DS had a Sundae. Extra $5 tip for excellent service.

9-24-CS at Cosmic Rays and Dinner at Le Cellier at 6:50. Seated within 5 minutes. DH and I both had beer cheese soup and Mushroom Filet. DS had Chix and fries. Food was very good and service good but not excellent. Dessert was the wiskey cake for DH and myself which was great. DS had Smores which he didn't care for.

9-25 Cs toy store pizza planet which we thought was very good after all the bad reviews. Dinner before we headed out was wolfgang puck express in Downtown Disney. This is a great deal for CS. I had some sort of chix pasta and DH had pesto pizza. Ds had Chix and cookie. Creme Bruelee for Dessert was yummy.

We used most our snacks for beignets at POFQ and in Magic Kingdom for Dole Whips for me and Root Beer floats for DS and DH. We went to Goofy candy co. before we left and were able to finish our credits with anything $4 and under.

Overall we had a great Dining experience and hope you do to!

Yes you were able to get 6 beignets for a snack credit. They are huge so my dh and I always shared one order.

srgibbs said:
Yes you were able to get 6 beignets for a snack credit. They are huge so my dh and I always shared one order.

Thanks! When you had CS at the resort, what were the dessert options?

We also ate at O'Hanas on Wednesday 9/20. Our ADR was earlier, around 5:30PM. Our cousins took good care of us, so I had to throw them a few extra dollars as well. All the meats were well cooked, not dried out like some had suggested. Sides and appetizers would good too. That dessert was AWESOME!

ReallyFunMom-For our dessert CS at POFq there were a lot of choices. You could get 4 beignets, cheesecake, choc cake, carrot cake, ice cream, huge double cookie with ice cream in the middle, assorted large cookies, rice krispy treats, and I'm sure other things. My DH and I shared the 1/2 chix and Rib combo for dinner our 1st night and it came with 2 sides. It was Yummy. The food court was never very crowded and had good variety. Are you going soon? If so, you will just love the Resort!

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Thanks for the reviews. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at POFQ. It is our favorite moderate resort to stay at. We will be staying there again in a few weeks. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter