• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dining Reviews 10/2-10/9, Part III

bamagirl@hrt

DIS Veteran
Cast: DH & me, both 33; DD6; DS3

Wed., 10/6

Planet Hollywood:
We ate here to use our $25 certificate from our vacation package. It was pretty good, but nothing I would make a special effort to go back for. I definitely would NOT wait a long time to get in here! We had a 7pm PS, but arrived early and were seated before 7pm. DD had the kids cheese pizza and ate most of it, saying it was really good. DH had the house salad, which looked really good, but he said it wasn't great. I had the casear salad and it was good. DH & I both had the L.A. Lasagna, which was a featured entree that night. It was different. We both liked it, but it was very rich. I'd been here before, but had forgotten how extremely LOUD it is. I'm not in a hurry to go back. Total bill was about $60, not including tip.

Thurs, 10/7

Chef Mickey's:
Another WONDERFUL breakfast!! We had an 11am PS, but the buffets were very well stocked with an abundance of food. Everyone found something they liked here. Of course, DS went for fruit, waffles, and brownies (for breakfast?!) I particularly liked the cheese potatoes, biscuits & gravy, donuts, and fruit. I think DH has some of everything! Characters included Chip, Dale, Pluto, Minnie, and Mickey. Goofy was in the lobby. Again, there were few people as we finished our meal, so we had lots of time with the characters. It was great! We used our last breakfast vouchers here. I think the saving was a little less than $20 here, since we didn't get extras like the smoothies at CP.

World Premiere Food Court:
Grabbed a quick supper before going to MK for Spectro & Wishes. DH had grilled salmon w/ steamed veggies & rice. It was very tasty and only $10! I had the chicken quesadillas and fries combo. These quesadillas were better than I've had at most Mexican places! DD had spaghetti. DS had .... chips and fruit -- gotcha!

Fri, 10/8

Beaches & Cream:
This place definitely lives up to its reputation!! We arrived just before 11:30, and there was only one other party eating. It was starting to get crowded by the time we left, tho! I was shocked at how tiny this place is, even though I'd read that it was. We used our last Q&C vouchers here. I had double cheeseburger, onion rings, and vanilla diet coke. We ordered an extra bun & I shared my burger with DD. DH ordered double cheeseburger, fries, and vanilla coke. We split the fries and onion rings among the 3 of us. When I mentioned to our waitress that DS is very picky and will only eat crackers, she brought him a little bowl of saltine crackers. I thought that was sweet. We ordered extra drinks for the kids. The burgers were delicious! I was pretty full after eating it, but we had 2 sundaes to go! We got the Milky Way sundae and the Mudslide. DD's eyes got wide as our waitress set those sundaes on our table! They were HUGE!!! All four of us together couldn't finish 2 of them. We did get to see a Kitchen Sink while we were there -- it's a lot bigger!! The bill was about $50, before tip. With our vouchers, we paid only $28. We weren't even charged for the extra bun, just the kids' drinks.

WHEW! I think this wraps it up. Just remembering all of that yummy food makes me want to go back!!

Hope you all enjoy my reviews. Any questions are welcome.

Christy

Thank you for your reviews. I wish I had a cheeseburger and fries from Beaches and Cream right now!::yes::

Enjoyed your reviews. Laughed about your son but of course this stage too shall pass!:D

We love Chef Mickeys, it always sets a nice tone for the trip. I've never been to B7C , the more I read about it the more I'm determined to go.

Great reviews - I've read them all so far. Glad to hear you enjoyed Chef Mickey's & Beaches & Cream. A couple weeks ago we had a similar experience with the characters - except it was the 1st seating at 7 am - the place was empty! :) We got pictures of each of us with Goofy, Pluto & Chip all in the same picture. :)

We also really enjoyed Beaches & Cream for the first time a couple of weeks ago - we couldn't finish our No Way Jose either (although we tried ;) .)

Thanks! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter